Yorkshire Terriers/Yorkies/yorkshire terrier puppy

Hi,I have 10 weeks yorkshire terrier puppy and he's weight is 1.6 kg already,is he going to be big dog? Mom and dad is 3.2 kg

Hi Eva,
    I am not familiar with weight in 'kg', I only know about 'lbs' here in the U.S........
 There is a yorkie weight chart that you can find on the internet with the PROBABLE weight a yorkie puppy may acheive as an adult, but remember, it is only a guide and is by no means totally right all the time. I am sure they will have one with weights defined as 'kg' also.
    I have a 2 1/2 lb. male right now that is 2 years old, though his mother was 7 lbs. and sire was 4 lbs...I also have a 6 lb. female that had 3 and 4 lb. no one can actually say the exact weight a puppy will grow to be, but by using the weight charts you get a general idea of what the puppy should be. I have sold puppies that I said should grow to be about 5 lbs, who only get to 3 1/2 lbs. as adults...that happens more often than not with my bloodlines.
    Good luck with your puppy, they are one of the smartest toy breeds!
     Elinore McNutt

Yorkshire Terriers/Yorkies

Elinore McNutt

TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE due to surgery I can answer many questions on the care of yorkshire terriers, grooming questions, housebreaking, breeding in general, questions on the feeding and needs of the yorkshire terrier, and basic training needs. If you are having BEHAVIORAL or non-typical training issues, please ask an expert in that category since I am not a canine behavioral expert. VETERINARY questions should be answered by your veterinarian. I am sorry but due to unforeseeable circumstances, I will be on 'vacation' and UNAVAILABLE From 5-25-09 until 6-25-09 DUE TO SURGERY

I breed yorkshire terriers, I have been been showing, breeding and grooming dogs for 40 years, our 12 housepets are yorkies, I have worked for many professional handlers as a groomer and breeder.

Apprenticed with top professional handlers and breeders of poodles and other toy breeds, have owned my own grooming salon and have set up and helped others start shops and kennels, I have been an instructor in a state certified grooming school and have worked for breeder/exhibitor kennels.
I have also worked for various veterinarians, I cannot answer MEDICAL or BEHAVIORAL questions as these are not my area of expertise.