Yu-Gi-Oh/Karakuri 2012

Question
QUESTION: As far as regionals goes, I'm either going with one of the decks you built the other day, or this below. Could you give me your thoughts on it?

3 Karakuri Soldier mdl 236 “Nisamu”
1 Karakuri Watchdog mdl 313 “Saizan”
3 Karakuri Komachi mdl 224 “Ninishi”
3 Karakuri Strategist mdl 248 “Nishipachi”
3 Karakuri Merchant mdl 177 “Inashichi”
3 Karakuri Ninja mdl 919 “Kuick”
2 Effect Veiler
3 Machina Gearframe
3 Machina Fortress
1 Gorz The Emmisary Of Darkness
2 Maxx "C"
(27)

3 Karakuri Cash Cache
2 Instant Fusion
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
1 Heavy Storm
1 Pot of Avarice
1 Limiter Removal
(13)

Extra:
1 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
2 Cyber Saurus
1 Naturia Beast
1 Naturia Barkion
1 Naturia Landoise
2 Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"
2 Karakuri Steel Shogun mdl 000 "Bureido"
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 Gaia Knight, The Force Of Earth
(15)

I made a few changes to a Karakuri deck you built for someone else. In testing it's been incredible and it doesn't seem to falter from the lack of traps. I can drop Fortress by discarding a Karakuri tuner, then summon Kuick and use her attack to get the tuner back for free! Or, tune veiler and fortress, sync for Bureido, summon Komachi, summon a level 4, OR play Cash Cache and search one, then go for the gold with an amazing synchro combo.

I dropped book of moon over a cash cache. I probably shouldn't have, but I don't know what to take out for it. I need Maxx "C" and Veiler to stop all the OTKs this format. I contemplated 3 Maxx "C" and 1 Veiler, but I like Veiler's synergy with Fortress and Gorz.

I'm thinking my side deck should be all of the usual traps you'd have in a lineup, plus a few specific cards to counter the meta. That way when the Cyber Dragons come in, I can just hit them with Solemn Warning. I'd probably side out the Machina cards and play Solemns, Torrentials and a Bottomless.

Is this the best build of Karakuri money can buy? Thanks again, and if you didn't know, you're the reason I still play Yugioh.

ANSWER: I think that if you're not going to run traps as defense, then you need to be playing double Tragoedia - if only to have more stoppers to draw into if your opponent decides to continue his combo after you activate Maxx.
You can drop an Inashichi and a Nishipachi for them.

Drop the third Fortress for a Machina Cannon - this gives your Gearframe the ability to single handedly revive Fortress in the late game should you need to.

Drop a Cash Cache for a Mind Cotnrol - which tends to work well with Synchro oriented Decks.

I'd also consider a copy of Grandsoil the Elemental Lord, simply because you have so many huge monsters to ressurect, and because it's a nice finisher for your huge combo.

your Extra Deck should really play Xyz monsters in some shape for form, so I'd go with this:

Extra:
1 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
2 Cyber Saurus
1 Naturia Beast
1 Naturia Barkion
1 Naturia Landoise
2 Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"
1 Karakuri Steel Shogun mdl 000 "Bureido"
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 Number 11 - Big Eye
1 Wind-Up Zenmaines
1 Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
(15)

Give that a go.

QUESTION: Could you show us what a modern Karakuri OTK with machine duplications looks like? As well as a "standard" Karakuri build that plays traps? I'm looking to see all the possibilities since the above build ends games by turn 6 but I wonder if it could be sped up any.

Answer
Karakuri OTK sees very little play nowadays, as most Karakuri decks are part Geargia.
Should probably look like this:

2 Karakuri Watchdog mdl 313 “Saizan”
3 Karakuri Komachi mdl 224 “Ninishi”
3 Karakuri Ninja mdl 919 “Kuick”
1 Karakuri Muso mdl 818 "Haipa"
2 Karakuri Merchant mdl 177 “Inashichi”
2 Karakuri Soldier mdl 236 “Nisamu”
2 Cardcar D
2 Maxx "C"
2 Effect Veiler
1 Gorz The Emmisary Of Darkness
(23)

3 Instant Fusion
2 Machine Duplication
2 Karakuri Cash Cache
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
1 Heavy Storm
1 Pot of Avarice
1 Limiter Removal
(15)

2 Trap Stun
(2)

Whereas a Non-OTK Karakuri build would look something like this:

1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
1 Karakuri Watchdog mdl 313 “Saizan”
3 Karakuri Komachi mdl 224 “Ninishi”
2 Karakuri Strategist mdl 248 “Nishipachi”
3 Karakuri Ninja mdl 919 “Kuick”
1 Karakuri Muso mdl 818 "Haipa"
3 Karakuri Merchant mdl 177 “Inashichi”
1 Karakuri Soldier mdl 236 “Nisamu”
2 Effect Veiler
2 Genex Neutron
(19)

2 Pot of Duality
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Instant Fusion
1 Heavy Storm
1 Mind Control
1 Pot of Avarice
1 Book of Moon
1 Monster Reborn
1 Dark Hole
(12)

2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Torrential Tribute
2 Compulsory Evacuation Device
2 Solemn Warning
1 Solemn Judgment
(9)

Give those a try.

Yu-Gi-Oh

Exo