Yu-Gi-Oh/deck build shooting star

QUESTION: Hi exo, i'm of the understanding shooting quasar dragons deck builds have faded due to consistency. I would have liked one but i also want it to be a consistent deck so i've opted for a shooting star dragon deck. I want this deck for competitive play, regional level, but with the main focus summoning shooting star dragon asap. So it would be highly appreciated if you could build me a deck and also explain the methods of summoning shooting star dragon? Thanks!

ANSWER: It's actually probably easier to construct a deck that summons Quasar Dragon than it is one that focuses on Shooting Star, since Quasar can be summoned easily in a deck based around the "Fabled" monsters...

It's unlikely that a deck based around either of these monsters will be heavily competitive though, as decks that focus around a single monster tend to fall down when that monster is removed from the field (And Shooting Star isn't exactly difficult to get rid of nowadays...)

The best deck for Dropping Shooting Star is probably something reminiscent of the plant-Synchro deck that used to be top tier...
I'd try something like this to start:

1 Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
2 Tragoedia
2 Tour Guide from the Underworld
2 Debris Dragon
2 Spirit Reaper
2 Card Trooper
2 Effect Veiler
1 Dandylion
1 Lonefire Blossom
1 Spore
1 Sangan
1 Blackwing, Zephyros the Elite
1 Mystic Tomato
1 Unknown Synchron

2 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Enemy Controller
1 Dark Hole
1 Heavy Storm
1 Monster Reborn
1 Mind Control
1 Foolish Burial
1 Scapegoat
1 Pot of Avarice
1 One for One

2 Solemn Warning
2 Torrential Tribute
2 Call of the Haunted
1 Solemn Judgment

Extra Deck:
1 Formula Synchron
1 Armory Arm
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 Orient Dragon
1 Ancient Fairy Dragon
1 Black Rose Dragon
2 Stardust Dragon
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Shooting Star Dragon
1 Leviair the Sea Dragon
1 Wind-Up Zenmaines
1 Number 17 - Leviathan Dragon
1 Temtempo the Percussion Djinn
1 Number 39 - Utopia

I'd give that a go, see how it works.

QUESTION: Well, exo i hope it's not a bother but you said quasar deck would probably make it easier to summon. So, i was wondering if you could build me the shooting star dragon deck with fables you spoke of. Btw, i have no budget. Thanks!

What I meant was that the Fabled can be built to Turbo out Quasar Dragon (sometimes in multiples) on turn 1.

This is the best Example I can find:

3 Fabled Grimro
3 Fabled Krus
3 Fabled Lurrie
2 Fabled Raven
3 The Fabled Cerburrel
3 The Fabled Chawa
3 The Fabled Ganashia
1 The Fabled Nozoochee

1 Card Destruction
3 Dark World Dealings
3 De-Synchro
1 Into the Void
2 Magical Stone Excavation
1 Monster Reborn
3 One Day of Peace
1 One for One
1 Pot of Avarice
3 Upstart Goblin

1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 Armory Arm
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier (Exo: Banned - Replace with Gaia Knight)
3 Fabled Ragin
1 Formula Synchron
3 Shooting Quasar Dragon
1 Shooting Star Dragon
1 Stardust Dragon
1 T.G. Hyper Librarian
1 T.G. Recipro Dragonfly

Credit for which goes to Kaiser Wolf here:

Have a look at that.

I'm able to answer any and all questions related to the English Yu-Gi-Oh! game itself. This includes, but isn't limited to:

Deck Fixes: Either making suggestions and improvements on a deck you've already built, or building a deck from scratch for you. In either case, please give an idea of the kind of deck you're building, the level of play you're planning to use it in (small tournaments, regionals etc), and the kind of budget you're on.
Please format decks in a way that's easy to read. Each card name should be on its own line, with a number before it indicating how many you're playing. Please split decks into Monsters, Spells and Traps.

NOTE: A level of reasonability is assumed with this. I cannot build you a nationals winning deck based on monsters whose name starts with the Letter 'A' on a budget of 4($6)... Nor will I generally respond well to Questions touting "No Xyz, Synchro... etc" or disallowing cards from certain parts of the show. I haven't seen the show in a number of years and find these conditions to usually be poorly-defined.

Rulings: On any card interacting with any other card(s). Tell me the scenario, and I'll tell you what happens.

I won't be answering questions on whether a trade is fair or not, or on how much X-card is worth, as both these kinds of question can be answered by using Ebay's completed listings page.

Level 2 Judge Qualification,
Level 1 Player Management Qualification,
Konami Rules Certification 1,
Regularly Head Judges Local Events,
Tournament Wins/Top 8 placements too numerous to detail here

BSc (Hons) Degree in Mathematics