Yu-Gi-Oh/Immortal Bushi Update

Question
Could you update my Bushi deck to the current meta? I've had issues with finishing my opponents off and have lost on occasion when the extra life points they gained from my soul taker cards ended up giving them enough life to survive a few direct attacks and they top decked. Should I take a look at adding The Seal of Orichalcos? I'm open to suggestions now that the Wind-ups aren't destroying our hands anymore. Should I still run a conversion side deck to STUN?

As for the Karakuri deck you helped fixed, thank you very much. Grandsoil was actually a very solid pick and fit right in. I find running the deck at 41 cards works well enough. I've gone up against a lot of deck types and found that:

Geargia matches are pretty fun and easy. I've won every single duel with them except for one where my opponent opened 2 solemn warning and effect veiler. He ended up shutting down all of my plays. It was impressive to watch.

Dark World gets walked all over, which is particularly satisfying. I either keep destroying their copies of Gates or steal their only copy of Grapha in play with Big Eye and keep them from reviving him on their side.

Six Samurai is fun and goes my way since Shi-En can't do anything about monster effects. They also struggle with Machina Fortress and dealing with getting rid of synchros.

Malefics are interesting but I've gotten lucky when they either didn't have drain on the field, or they had it but I got space typhoon. I ended up using their own monsters against them with Big Eye, and then they couldn't summon anymore because there can only ever be one Malefic monster on the field at anytime. The guy forfeit after that.

Could you give me a decent side deck, though? I've been running traps to stop them from using cyber dragon to steal my machines and make a chimeratech but I'm not sure that's the best way to go. I'm sure you'll have an idea. Thanks again.

Answer
So, an update to Ten-Thousand Traps.dek, eh?

I can't find the original decklist, so this is what I'd make it look like nowadays:

3 The Immortal Bushi
3 D.D. Warrior Lady
2 Armageddon Knight
1 Exiled Force
(9)

2 Pot of Duality
2 Soul Taker
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Messenger of Peace
1 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
1 Book of Moon
(12)

3 Skill Drain
2 Solemn Warning
2 Torrential Tribute
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Dimensional Prison
2 Compulsory Evacuation Device
2 Mirror Force
2 Fiendish Chain
1 Solemn Judgment
1 The Huge Revolution is Over
(19)

Rabbit has lost some popularity now, so there's little need for the D.d. Assailants that we were playing last time... With Wind-Up being the top deck double chain and Double Compulsory are needed to stop them wreaking havoc.
They also provide answers to turn-1 Shock Master, something that skill Drain won't help with.

I've replaced Smashing Ground with Soul Taker, which deals with HERO/Chaos Dragon matchups much better, and provides targetted answers to monsters like Master Hyperion, Evolzar Dolkka and AbyssMegalo.
I'm aware that the life gain provided is more important when you can only inflict 1200 or so damage per turn, but the inability to safely remove Lightpulsar or the Shining from the table might often have worse results...

Mystical Space Typhoon is now required since Macro Rabbit is seeing a reasonable amount of play - though it also helps out by hitting Spheres in the Mermail matchup and Factory against Wind-Up.
Messenger of Peace is a new addition since the meta now favours high ATK Decks... it shuts out Rabbit, Dragons, Mermail (Until they can activate Heavy Infantry at least) and is just another card your opponent needs an answer to and must use-up Spell/Trap removal on.

Side deck... Conversion side isn't really necessary anymore since Wind-Up can no longer leave you with nothing turn 1.
You side deck nowadays should be a way to adapt your Trap/Monster lines to the particular deck you're playing against.
For Example, against Chaos Dragons you'd like more Dimensional Prisons and less Skill Drains/Fiendish Chains, while the opposite would be true when playing against Inzektor.
I'd look at something like this:

2 D.D. Assailant
1 Exiled Force
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
3 Rivalry of Warlords
2 Black Horn of Heaven
1 Needle Ceiling
1 Dimensional Prison
2 Dust Tornado
1 Fiendish Chain
1 Soul Taker
(15)

Try that.

As for a Karakuri side deck, I'm not sure on a Trap line... playing one just to stop Cyber Dragon tends to dedicate a lot of Side-deck space to stopping just one of your opponent's Answers...
I think it's better to just play round Cyber Dragon to the best of your ability. Not overextending and just dropping in Gorz/Trag when they attack works just as well as having Traps..
You'd be better off using your side-deck to side triples of Traps that would cripple the opposition and cards like Gemini Imps and Electric Virus to alter your Hand-Trap line for decks like Rabbit/Dragons and Dark World.
I'd go with something like this for a side-deck:

2 Gemini Imps
2 Electric Virus
1 Soul Taker
2 Needle Ceiling
2 Soul Drain
3 Gozen Match
3 Royal Decree
(15)

Give that a go.

Yu-Gi-Oh

Exo