Yu-Gi-Oh/Ancient Gear Machina Deck

Question
Hello. This is my Ancient Gear Machina deck. It is basically a beat-stick deck with solidarity, I use the Genex synchros for support. I play advanced format at small card shop tournaments.

-Monsters(20)
3x Ancient Gear
3x Genex Controller
3x Machina Gearframe
2x Cyber Dragon
1x Ancient Gear Gadijiltron Chimera
2x Machina Fortress
3x Ancient Gear Gadijiltron Dragon
3x Ancient Gear Golem

-Spells(13)
3x Geartown
1x Ancient Gear Workshop
1x Ancient Gear Castle
1x Machine Assembly Line
2x Solidarity
1x Limiter Removal
1x Power Bond
1x Dark Hole
1x Heavy Storm
1x Monster Reborn

-Traps(9)
2x Call of the Haunted
2x Magical Hats
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Dark Bribe
1x Dimensional Prison

-Extra Deck(7)
1x Wind-Up Zenmaines
1x Wind-Up Zenmaister
1x Genex Ally Triforce
1x Ally of Justice Field Marshal
1x Ally of Justice Decisive Armor
1x Chimeratch Fortress Dragon
1x Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem
Need to obtain, but want to add
1x Ally of Justice Catastor
1x Genex Ally Axel
1x Gear Gigant X

I would like to add 1 more Call of the Haunted and a Machina Armored Unit when I obtain them(through trading or buying from store next time I go). One of my friends has suggested I add gadgets so I am thinking about that.

How can I improve my deck?

Thanks,
      DaviD

Answer
There are lots of Ideas going on here, and I think we need to take the best of them and build around them.
Yes, Gadgets work very, very well with Machina - but that's a different deck entirely.

You're playing your Geartown Engine, but you have no reliable way to summon Ancient Gear Golem (being 2 Tributes) except by Tributing Fortress/Dragon (Bad Ideas) or Genex Controller/Ancient Gear (Neither of which will survive long enough...).
Castle might get there, but you're not playing enough fo them to draw them consistently.

Golem is effectively Gadjiltron Dragon with Piercing, and piercing doesn't really add much to the mix there anyway, so I'm going to drop the Golems for Gear Beasts. These will be 2800 ATK under Solidarity, can be summoned without Tribute by Geartown, and have the added ability to negate monster effects, which seems much better.
They make Chimera obsolete, so that gets dropped...

We'll bump up to 3 Machina Fortress (as otherwise your third Gearframe will always be dead...)

Now to deal with the main issue here... Useless small monsters...
What precisely does Ancient Gear Accomplish here?
In order to provide any kind of Tribute/Synchro fodder it would need to stay alive long enough for you to summon another monster, which is unlikely to happen (Even with Traps and Magical Hats).
If you're going to play monsters like that they should be a) Level 3/4 (so you need less of them to Synchro with) and b) standalone (You won't always draw them with the tuner...)

With that in mind, i'm going to replace them with 2 Card Trooper, which is the same kind of size, but can be 1900 ATK if required, and will draw you a card when destroyed while set.
Who knows, the mill effect might even net you a free Machina Fortress in Graveyard.

The same goes for Genex Controller... Genex Ally Birdman has the same ATK and level, but has an effect that makes it easier to set up summons and re-use Gearframes/Cyber Dragons

For Spells, any Gear support other than Geartown isn't worth playing. You're playing Multiples of all your monsters - so Workshop isn't really required, and Golem is gone so Castle is useless now...

I'm sure that an 8800 ATK Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem seems nice, but it never happens. Giving up 4 cards to summon a single monster (That can then be felled by most Trap Cards...) isn't a good way to play the game, and dead-drawing Power Bond will lose you more games than you'll win with the big Fusion.

I'll be adding Pot of Duality to improve the deck's consistency (as we're a little monster-light) and replacing the trap line with the standard one.
Feel free to add Call of the Haunted back in if you like, I've removed it to keep the deck down to 40 cards here.

I'd try soemthing like this:

2 Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon
3 Ancient Gear Beast
3 Machina Fortress
2 Cyber Dragon
3 Machina Gearframe
2 Genex Ally Birdman
2 Card Trooper
(17)

3 Geartown
2 Pot of Duality
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Solidarity
1 Terraforming
1 Heavy Storm
1 Monster Reborn
1 Dark Hole
1 Limiter Removal
(14)

2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Solemn Warning
2 Dimensional Prison
2 Torrential Tribute
1 Solemn Judgment
(9)

Extra:
1 Wind-up Zenmaines
2 Gear Gigant X
1 Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
1 Photon Papilloperative
1 Number 11 - Big Eye
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Gaia Knight - the Force of Earth
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 Genex Ally Triarm
1 Genex Ally Axel
2 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
(15)

I'm aware that some of the Extra deck monsters aren't machines, but if the situation arises in which they're needed then I'd rather have them thann lose the game because I was overly worried about Solidarity...

Give that a go, see how it works.

Yu-Gi-Oh

Exo