Yu-Gi-Oh/Burning FIRE Deck Improvement

QUESTION: Hello Exo, I'm wondering if you could help me improve a creation that came up with? I need help improving my Burning FIRE deck. Here is what the deck looks like and I'll do my best in briefing on what this deck does.

Burning FIRE 41

Monsters 19
2x Flame Tiger
3x Flamvell Firedog
1x Flamvell Magician
2x Laval Lancelord
3x Solar Flare Dragon
2x Volcanic Counter
2x Tour Guide From the Underworld
1x Sangan
2x Effect Veiler
1x Gorz The Emissary of Darkness

Spells 9
2x Pot of Duality
1x Rekindling
1x Instant Fusion
1x Dark Hole
1x Heavy Storm
1x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Monster Reborn
1x Mind Control

Traps 13
2x Bottomless Trap Hole
1x Ceasefire
2x Dark Bribe
2x Dimensional Prison
2x Magic Cylinder
2x Spiritual Fire Art-Kurenai
2x Torrential Tribute

Extra Deck 15
1x Charubin the Fire Knight
1x Darkfire Dragon
1x Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
1x Scrap Dragon
1x Stardust Dragon
1x Leviair the Sea Dragon
1x Number 30: Acid Golem of Destruction
1x Temtempo the Percussion Djinn
1x Wind-Up Zenmaines
1x Gem-Knight Pearl
1x Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
1x Number 16: Shock Master
1x Number 39: Utopia
1x Photon Papilloperative
1x Photon Strike Bounzer

Based on the title I've given it, this is basically my version of a Burn Deck utilizing almost nothing but Fire monsters. I'm not at all trying to make chain burn because I know that would b too simple if a Burn deck was to b built. What I wanted for this idea is the ability to Burn, and Spam monsters to the field in a heart beat. The Burn focus comes in the form of Solar Flare, Volcanic Counter, Cylinder, and Fire Art. Ceasefire too, but that's a staple in most burn decks. The Spam portion is Firedog, Tiger, and Rekindling. These 3 help me out with Spamming the field and summoning many XYZ monsters, and supprt the burn cards with the tools I need to win.

So that's my Burning FIRE deck Exo. I hope that this isn't too random for your taste. I just ask your expertise for help on improving this deck to where it can stand eye-to-eye with the current format and the decks this format has produce to be top players? One issue I found after play-testing this deck is its speed needs an upgrade, but I leave that to your decision. I have a tight budget right now and its close to the $40 range, and of course this is for competative play. I really hope you can help me out , and hope that this idea isn't too random for you. I await your response Exo.

ANSWER: Hmmm, the issue you're going to have here is that monsters like Solar flare Dragon and Volcanic Counter don't standalone well, so you're going to be relying on Flame Tiger an awful lot if you start to lose cards...
That in itself will prevent you getting to the answers you need... so I'm half and half about it...

If you're going to play a deck like this, then I think Ryko is a better Idea than Lancelord, as it allows you to mill Volcanic Counter and Flame Tiger...

3 Flamvell Firedog
2 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
2 Flame Tiger
2 Flamvell Magician
2 Flame Tiger
2 Volcanic Counter
2 Maxx "C"
2 Tour Guide From the Underworld
1 Sangan
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness

2 Pot of Duality
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
3 Rekindling
1 Heavy Storm
1 Monster Reborn
1 Dark Hole
1 Book of Moon
1 Mind Control

2 Solemn Warning
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Torrential Tribute
2 Spiritual Fire Art - Kurenai
1 Solemn Judgment

I've dropped out things like Instant Fusion (which I can only assume is for Kurenai) in order to play cards that will be live more often.
This deck should play more like an Aggressive Attacking build with Kurenai to deal the finishing blow when required. Volcanic Counter can also fill this role.

To this end, Rekindling is vital. It simply puts so much more damage on the table than a Magic Cylinder could hope to inflict, and comes with the threat of the damage happening again on the following turn should your opponent not remove the Synchro/Xyz result from the table.

Maxx "C" is better than Veiler here, as the deck is more interested in drawing into cards to do additional damage than cutting off your opponent's play.

Your Extra deck is missing Gagaga Cowboy - which can inflict the final 800 Damage where required:

1 Stardust Dragon
1 Thought Ruler Archfiend
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Gaia Knight - the Force of Earth
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 Gagaga Cowboy
1 Photon Papilloperative
1 Number 16 - Shock Master
1 Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
1 Number 39 - Utopia
1 Gem-Knight Pearl/Evigishki Merrowgeist
1 Leviair the Sea Dragon
1 Number 17 - Leviaithan Dragon
1 Wind-Up Zenmaines
1 Temtempo the Percussion Djinn

Give that a go.

QUESTION: Hey Exo, I gotta say that this looks a hole lot better now that it got tinkered with by an expert. I did forget to briefly talk about the Instant Fusion earlier. Your assumpsion is part of its reason being in here. The other is so that i had an extra monster for an XYZ/Synchro play. Plus I thought it be a nice tech to use for a while. There's only 1 problem about the deck-list, and its in the monster list. Right after the 2 Rykoes, you have:

2 Flame Tiger---------
2 Flamvell Magician----(Why are there 4 Flame Tigers in here?)
2 Flame Tiger---------

I don't know how that came to be when you were writing up this answer, but its nothing to be ashamed of. We all make mistakes once in a while. So, if you could tell me what Monster(s) those extra 2 slots are for, that would be nice to know what is meant to be there.

Anyway Exo, that's not my whole follow-up. I have about 2 things I want to ask in regards to what we have now. 1st, Sidedeck. In my past Q's to you, I've asked for you to build me a Side for almost each 1 of my decks. I ask sort of the same thing, but in a different perspective. The way the deck looks now, could you give me suggestions on what I could possibly use in the Side? Cards that could really benefit during anymatch against those top decks? That way I can try and find what works, and what doesn't. Basically i want to challenge myself building a better side deck instead of my usual, which is placing in random stuff.

2nd, Extra deck. I like the wide range we have here in the Extra Deck. The only 2 I'm on the fence about are Thought Ruler and Catastor. Reason I say Thought Ruler is because I've never really enjoyed it as others did. For some reason it never clicked with me. Probably because it was an Extra deck staple before XYZ arrived. Which made me not want to play it. Now for Catastor, I would consider playing, but I can't find 1 anywhere. Plus it's a pricey card too. Until I bring myself to getting it I need a different target that I can use for the time being.

Well Exo, those my 2 question's aside the monster line-up mis-print. Side Deck suggestions, so that i can try building it myself. As well as 2 replacements, if any, for Catastor and Thought Ruler. Hope you can on these last couple of questions, and I await your response.

In honestly didn't notice that... wondered where all the space had gone...
Go up to 3 Ryko. I'd love the last spot to be a single copy of Pyrorex, though I suspect that'll be outside your budget for a while...
I'll leave the last spot to you, as I'm undecided on what's best to go there. Potential cards include:

Mirror Force
Forbidden Lance
Flamvell Magician
Mystical Space Typhoon
Charge of the Light Brigade
Thunder King Rai-Oh (with the other tiger being a second rather than a Ryko)

I included Thought Ruler Archfiend to provide a third Level 8 Synchro monster, as you'll often end up going through a few with the Rekindlings. Colossal Fighter is acceptable too, though I suppose a Second Scrap Dragon would be best.

Catastor I included on the off chance that you can Reborn an Effect Veiler (or choose to side some). It can be removed for Black Rose Dragon in the meantime (Which also happens to be fire for Kurenai)

Potential Side-Deck cards for this include

Effect Veiler
Thunder King Rai-Oh
Compulsory Evacuation Device
Mystical Space Typhoon
Soul Taker
Soul Drain
Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror
Mind Crush
Dust Tornado
Needle Ceiling

I'd choose the ones that best counter the decks you play against on a regular basis, and play pairs of each of them.

Give that a go, see what you think.

I'm able to answer any and all questions related to the English Yu-Gi-Oh! game itself. This includes, but isn't limited to:

Deck Fixes: Either making suggestions and improvements on a deck you've already built, or building a deck from scratch for you. In either case, please give an idea of the kind of deck you're building, the level of play you're planning to use it in (small tournaments, regionals etc), and the kind of budget you're on.
Please format decks in a way that's easy to read. Each card name should be on its own line, with a number before it indicating how many you're playing. Please split decks into Monsters, Spells and Traps.

NOTE: A level of reasonability is assumed with this. I cannot build you a nationals winning deck based on monsters whose name starts with the Letter 'A' on a budget of 4($6)... Nor will I generally respond well to Questions touting "No Xyz, Synchro... etc" or disallowing cards from certain parts of the show. I haven't seen the show in a number of years and find these conditions to usually be poorly-defined.

Rulings: On any card interacting with any other card(s). Tell me the scenario, and I'll tell you what happens.

I won't be answering questions on whether a trade is fair or not, or on how much X-card is worth, as both these kinds of question can be answered by using Ebay's completed listings page.

Level 2 Judge Qualification,
Level 1 Player Management Qualification,
Konami Rules Certification 1,
Regularly Head Judges Local Events,
Tournament Wins/Top 8 placements too numerous to detail here

BSc (Hons) Degree in Mathematics