Yu-Gi-Oh/Burning FIRE Deck Review

Question
QUESTION: Hello Exo, it's me once again. I'm back to ask you for 1 final review on my Burning FIRE deck you helped me out with a couple weeks ago? I've been playtesting it vigorously since my last question and so far it has done quite well since its update. The only decks that it will have trouble against are fast paced decks, such as Water, Wind-Ups and those new Fire Fist cards (Which are annoying since they were released). Here's how the deck stands going forward:

Burning FIRE 40

Monsters 19
3x Flamvell Firedog
2x Flame Tiger
2x Flamvell Magician
2x Volcanic Counter
2x Maxx "C"
2x Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
2x Thunder King Rai-Oh
2x Tour Guide
1x Sangan
1x Gorz

Spells 12
3x Rekindling
2x Pot of Duality
2x MST
1x Heavy Storm
1x Monster Reborn
1x Dark Hole
1x Book of Moon
1x Mind Control

Traps 9
2x Solemn Warning
1x Solemn Judgment
2x BTH
2x Spiritual Fire Art-Kurenai
2x Torrential Tribute

Extra Deck 15
1x Gaia Knight, the Force of Earth
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Colossal Fighter
1x Scrap Dragon
1x Stardust Dragon
1x Leviair the Sea Dragon
1x Number 17:
1x Temtempo the Percussion Djinn
1x Wind-Up Zenmaines
1x Evigishki Merrowgeist
1x Gagaga Cowboy
1x Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
1x Number 16:
1x Number 39:
1x Photon Papilloperative

Side Deck 15
1x BLS
2x Effect Veiler
2x Dimensional Fissure
1x MST
2x Soul Taker
2x Dust Tornado
2x Needle Ceiling
1x Return from the Different Dimension
2x Soul Drain

So a basic review Exo is what I ask of you?

All in all, everything is pretty much the same as it was last question. I decided in the monster line-up of the main deck to main 2 copies of Thunder King per your card suggestions. Way I look at it, I noticed that I don't search the deck very often, plus extra 1900 beaters seemed promising. In the side deck, almost everything besides 4 cards are cards you suggested as well. D. Fissure I chose to side cuz it helps eradicate Water and decks that rely on the grave. This plus Soul Drain are more than enough combat those decks. The Return is there for facing anything with Macro or for cases that my monsters get removed more than often. BLS is self explanitary. If i had room in the main I'd put him in there because it is possible for me to chaos summon with the way the monster line-up is.

Anyway, all I ask is an overall review on my Burning FIRE, and I want to finish it within a week. I've got a big tourney on the way and want to do well. So, if you can help, that would be great. Thank you Exo for your time and I await your response.

ANSWER: Hmmm, I'd look to play the third Ryko and the Third Thunder King in the side Deck.
Your current matchup with Dino Rabbit seems quite bad, and Ryko with help to mitigate that, while Thunder King should help out your Wind-Up and Mermail Matchups.

I'd drop Return and Luster Soldier for them. Return's job is done better by Dust Tornado, since even if you flip Return, your monsters will simply be removed again when they go back towards the Graveyard - you've just prolonged your suffering, while Dust Tornado would have ended it.

Dimensional Prisons or Fiendish Chains in your Side Deck might also improve your various Matchups. D-Prison covers Rabbit quite well, while Chain might be better than Needle Ceiling in that it covers Inzektor as well as Wind-Up.

Drop Dimensional Fissure for Macro Cosmos - if you're going to hurt your own Strategy anyway, you may as well cripple Inzektor and Fire Fist while you're at it (Neither is able to send Continuous Spells/Traps - Hornet/Fire Formations to the Graveyard while it's active).

From the Extra Deck, drop Merrowgeist for Abyss Dweller - which can often win the Mermail matchup by itself, and does essentially the same thing.
Finding space for Catastor would also be advisable since you're siding Effect Veiler.

I think that's it for the moment, give those a go.

QUESTION: Hey Exo. Thanks for the review on my Burning FIRE. I placed in Fiendish chains and took out the ceilings. Haven't yet run into Inzektors. i also added in the 3rd Ryko & Rai-Oh. The only card I actually can't use is Macro. Simply bcuz I can never find 1 that's cheep. So anyway here's at least how my side deck looks now:

Side Deck 15
1x Ryko
1x Thunder King Rai-Oh
2x Effect Veiler
2x Dimensional Fissure
1x MST
2x Soul Taker
2x Dust Tornado
2x Fiendish Chain
2x Soul Drain

So as you can see, not a whole lot changed except for the minus of BLS, Return, and Ceiling. Now I need to know if my side deck has what it needs to combat Fire Fist and Hazy Flame? When i playtested, I ran into these decks and they are both difficult for me to beat. I am unsure if I have the right backup for the job, so what cards would you recommend to stop these decks? For Hazy I was thinking of minusing D. Fissure for Mirror Force, since that decks rely's heavily on swarming the field with monsters.

I also need help sorting out a ruling among Volcanic Counter, but it's not about it's effect being mandatory instead of being optional. Here's the situation:
Player A has 2 Volcanic Counters in the grave.
Player A at the same time has an extra FIRE monster in the grave so that the Counter's effect can go off.
Player B attacks directly or attacks a monster (in atk position) Monster example (Number 39: Utopia)

Now my question is, does both of Player A's Volcanic Counters activate the same time? Meaning if Player A takes Damage, does Player B take double the same damage I just took? Or, does only 1 Volcanic Counter go off against Player B? Reason I ask this is bcuz I played against someone and he said that I can't activate 2 Counters from the same battle. Best example he gave me to prove it was that you cant play both of your in hand tragoedia's at the same time. i don't know the answer but I hope you can help clarify this scenario I'm having?

Well I hope you can help with the my last help on the Side deck, and also hope you can help me understand this ruling scenario. I await your response.

Answer
Your side deck is fine, it's quite unlikely that Hazy Flame will see competitive play, so there's no issue there.
Dimensional Fissure is far too important to remove. If you really need to then you should do this:

-2 Soul Drain
-1 Soul Taker
+1 Dimensional Fissure
+2 Mirror Force

Fire Fist should be combatted by Thunder King and Extra Spell/Trap Removal. Remember that they're likely playing quite a small number of monsters and relying on Pot of Duality and Fire Formation - Tenki to ensure that they always have one. Cut these off and you should have little trouble.
Macro Cosmos will shut off ALL the fire fist effects, as they're unable to pay their costs.

As for your Volcanic Counter Question, ALL copies of Volcanic Counter activate in response to the same damage.
This is because Volcanic Counter is Mandatory (and as such, MUST activate), while Tragoedia (and Wind-Up Shark, Gorz, Green Baboon, and most other examples your opponent will come up with) is optional.

Hope that helps.

Yu-Gi-Oh

Exo