Yu-Gi-Oh/Deck fix/build?

QUESTION: I am a fellow duelist, who likes to play against my cousins.

I duel with a stardust dragon/red dragon archfiend deck.
This is a deck that includes the synchro monsters
Stardust dragon
Red dragon archfiend
Majestic red dragon archfiend
Shooting star dragon
formula synchron
and other synchrons

I do also have fusions and xyz monsters.
Numbers 39, 32, C39, 17, 16
and other xyzs

Blue eyes ultimate dragon
Cyber end dragon
Five headed dragon
Dragon knight draco equaliste

Now for the help question
My third cousin who I duel against has a very powerful deck, and always beats me all the time.

His deck is a Power/destruction/negate deck.
Using cards like
Andro spinx
Spinx Telea
Thenin the great spinx
and other powerful monsters

Monster reborn
Trap cancellers
Spell cancellers

trap cancellers
spell cancellers
mirror force
Pyramid of light
and other traps

Every first turn of his, he always puts down 3 to 5 facedowns. When I duel against him, he is always two steps ahead of me. I like to use stardust dragon in every duel we do, however my second oldest cousin says that I shouldn't use Stardust.

Cards I use
Tuners monsters like
Road synchron
Reece the ice mistress
Majestic dragon
Turbo synchron
Junk synchron
and other tuners

Stardust phantom
Blackwing monsters
Level 1 monsters
Level 3 monsters
and level 4 monsters
for the xyz monsters I have.
Plenty of higher level monsters

Blue eyes white dragon
Vice dragon
and other cards

Monster reborn
Synchro change
Stardust shimmer
Back to square one
graceful chairty
and other spells

Mirror force
Thunder of ruler
negate attack
Trap cancellers
spell cancellers
and other traps

Those are the cards I mostly used all the time against anybody.
But when I face against my third cousin he always was two steps ahead of every move I make, stopping anything I do. He even took control of my stardust which made it harder to do.

Now my question is?
I need to construct a good deck that can match up to my third cousin's power/destruction/negate deck.
Using the cards I use I mention about, and using the synchros, xyzs, and fusions.
Know a good deck built or at least a good deck fix, cards that I should use, that can put up more of a fight against my third cousin?

ANSWER: Lets go back to basics here for a minute...
The reason that you're getting beaten here is twofold:

1. Your power creatures take 2-3 cards to make, which means that when your opponent deals with them using a single card you're losing out. That's going to reduce your resources to nothing very quickly...

2. You seem to be playing lots of higher level monsters and fusions that are difficult to summon in the first place... which gives your opponent time to draw into his/her prevention Traps while you have a dead hand full of high-level monsters.

Both of these problems come from one source - Efficiency.

You need cards that allow you to summon your big hitters more easily, and without costing you extra cards. That'll ensure that unless your opponent has exact answers for each of them, he'll have to let at least something through.
You also need to ditch higher level monsters that don't have alternate Summning Conditions - these are too difficult to summon. Getting rid of them for better lower-level monsters will give your opponent less time to regroup, since you'll constantly be drawing threats.

Cards that replace themself when they're summoned or destroyed are even better. since these cards make your opponent's Traps useless.

Synchron decks tend to ignore Synchron monsters other than Junk Synchron - which is the best of them.

So let's look at cards that can bring out your Synchro monsters more easily:

Junk Synchron
Debris Dragon

Both of these cards allow you to summon a Synchro monster for a single card (Assuming you have the right kind of monster in the Graveyard).
So lets look at monsters that work on putting the correct monsters there:

Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
Card Trooper

Ryko can destroy your opponent's Spells and Traps before he can use them against your monsters! It can also get rid of big monsters like Theinen when it gets attacked.
The best part? After that, he'll be in your graveyard, where he's both level 2 and less than 500 ATK, so he can be special summoned back by both Debris Dragon AND Junk Synchron!

Card Trooper is similar - when he's destroyed he'll let you draw a card (Even if it's by one of your opponent's traps), then he can be special summoned from the Graveyard by Debris Dragon.

We're still missing the best Debris Dragon Target though - Dandylion.
With Dandylion in your Deck, you'll only need Foolish Burial and Debris Dragon to summon any Level 8 Dragon Synchro monster.
Just Send Dandylion to the Graveyard with Foolish (Getting 2 tokens), summon Debris Dragon and Bring back Dandylion. Then you can use Debris, Dandylion and one of the Tokens to Synchro Summon Stardust Dragon.
You'll even get 2 more tokens from Dandylion for your Trouble!.

A couple of support cards for Dandylion are need too - Lonefire Blossom and Spore.
Using these cards, the combo of Lonefire Blossom and Monster Reborn can summon Shooting Star Dragon on the first turn of the game:

1. Summon Lonefire Blossom, and Tribute it to Summon Dandylion from your Deck
2. Monster Reborn Lonefire Blossom, and Tribute Dandylion to Special summon Spore.
3. Dandylion will get you 2 Level 1 Tokens.
4. Synchro Spore with one of the Tokens for Formula Synchron and Draw a card.
5. Remove from play Dandylion in your Graveyard to Special Summon Spore from the Graveyard.
6. Since you removed Dandylion, Spore is now Level 4, so it and Lonefire Blossom (3) and the Token (1) add up to 8 for Stardust Dragon!
7. Now you have Stardust and Formula, ready to Synchro summon Shooting Star if your opponent tries anything funny.

We'll add a bit of basic support:

Caius (These are great for getting rid of enemy monsters or nasty Spells/Traps)
Chaos Sorcerer (Lots of LIGHT and DARK monsters here)
Tour Guide from the Underworld (For Xyz summoning)
Effect Veiler

To finish our monster line.

1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
1 Chaos Sorcerer
2 Caius the Shadow Monarch
3 Junk Synchron
3 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
2 Debris Dragon
2 Tour Guide from the Underworld
1 Dandylion
1 Spore
1 Lonefire Blossom
1 Sangan
2 Card Trooper

Add in some spells for support:

2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Scapegoat
1 Heavy Storm
1 Monster Reborn
1 Dark Hole
1 Mind Control
1 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Pot of Avarice
1 Foolish Burial
1 Allure of Darkness

Then we'll need some Traps.
The only traps we want to play are the ones that get rid of our opponent's monsters or give us more, as preventing damage (with things like Thunder of Ruler) will only stop your opponent for a single turn, whereas getting rid of their monster gets rid of the threat permanently.

2 Solemn Warning
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Torrential Tribute
2 Dimensional Prison/Mirror Force
1 Solemn Judgment

That gives you 40 cards in total (The best number in any deck).

As for your Extra deck, you probably don't have all of these right now, but this is the kind of thing you should be looking to build:

1 Formula Synchron
1 Armory Arm
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 T.G. Hyper Librarian
1 Orient Dragon
1 Gaia Knight - the force of Earth
2 Black rose Dragon
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Shooting Star Dragon
1 Leviair the Sea Dragon
1 Wind-Up Zenmaines
1 Number 17 - Leviathan Dragon
1 Number 39 - Utopia/Maestroke the Symphony Djinn

This will probably look more like what you have right now:

1 Formula Synchron
2 Junk Warrior
1 Magical Android
1 Gaia Knight - the force of Earth
1 Iron Chain Dragon
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Ancient Fairy Dragon
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Red Dragon Archfiend
1 Junk Destroyer
1 Shooting Star Dragon
2 Number 17 - Leviathan Dragon
1 Number 39 - Utopia

Give that a go, see what you think.

QUESTION: Now that sounds good, and I will give it a try.
Only one problem, Dandylion.
The fluff tokens never got released and are hard to find.
Is there a different way, of how to do that combo to summon shooting star dragon except using something else than dandylion or just use dandylion and use something else for the fluff tokens?

and should I include both Majestic star and Majestic red dragon?

ANSWER: Virtually anything can be used as a Token. The only constraints are that:

-It cannot be a Yu-Gi-Oh! Card that is legal for play.
-It must be able to be changed to indicate Attack and Defense Position.

Other than that, you can use anything - dice, coins, small children (not advised...)
Most Tins and Legendary Collections nowadays come with a number of Token cards - these can be used as any Token (Even one that they're not specifically a picture of).

I find that Majestic Star/Red simply cost too many cards to summon to be playable. I wouldn't include them.

QUESTION: Now I do have one more question?
Now when he takes control of the stardust dragon
By using Monster reborn when playing star's ability by sending it to the graveyard to negate a destruct effect, he was able to take control of my stardust.

How could I counter this?
Keep him from taking control of either Stardust or shooting star?

And does either card go to the graveyard when playing there abilities or go straight to the graveyard.
It says to remove them.

There are numerous ways to get rid of your Stardust Dragon that was "Monster Reborn"ed by your opponent:

1. Attempt to destroy it with an effect. If your opponent activates its ability then Stardust Dragon (being YOUR monster) will return to YOUR side of the field in the End Phase.

2. Attack it with a monster that has higher ATK.

3. Remove it from play via Dimensional Prison (which does not destroy, so cannot be negated by Stardust Dragon) OR Caius OR Chaos Sorcerer/Black Luster Soldier OR Orient Dragon.

You could also simply negate your opponent's Monster Reborn with Solemn Warning/Judgment.

Hope that helps.

I'm able to answer any and all questions related to the English Yu-Gi-Oh! game itself. This includes, but isn't limited to:

Deck Fixes: Either making suggestions and improvements on a deck you've already built, or building a deck from scratch for you. In either case, please give an idea of the kind of deck you're building, the level of play you're planning to use it in (small tournaments, regionals etc), and the kind of budget you're on.
Please format decks in a way that's easy to read. Each card name should be on its own line, with a number before it indicating how many you're playing. Please split decks into Monsters, Spells and Traps.

NOTE: A level of reasonability is assumed with this. I cannot build you a nationals winning deck based on monsters whose name starts with the Letter 'A' on a budget of 4($6)... Nor will I generally respond well to Questions touting "No Xyz, Synchro... etc" or disallowing cards from certain parts of the show. I haven't seen the show in a number of years and find these conditions to usually be poorly-defined.

Rulings: On any card interacting with any other card(s). Tell me the scenario, and I'll tell you what happens.

I won't be answering questions on whether a trade is fair or not, or on how much X-card is worth, as both these kinds of question can be answered by using Ebay's completed listings page.

Level 2 Judge Qualification,
Level 1 Player Management Qualification,
Konami Rules Certification 1,
Regularly Head Judges Local Events,
Tournament Wins/Top 8 placements too numerous to detail here

BSc (Hons) Degree in Mathematics