Yu-Gi-Oh/Mucas Yolk ability

I have a two questions about this card's ability.
My third cousin uses this card all the time. He thinks it gains 1000 attack points while in the hand per turn, but I told him it needs to be on the field. He ignores me, and still go by his way of the card's ability.
The card said that it will only gain 1000 attack points per turn on the field not in the hand. But he won't listen to me.

Is he right, or am I.
And if attack your opponent directly, does that count as effect damage or battle?

You are right. The card must be played on the field and it must attack your life points directly in order for the card to gain any attack points the next time it's your cousin's turn.

If your cousin attacks your life points directly using the card's effect, then it will count as battle damage.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask them. :)

Wikianswers answers.

Wikianswers, Yahoo! Contributor, Google Rising Star Program

WikiAnswers, Yahoo! Contributors/Yahoo! Voices

WikiAnswers Gold Contributor, WikiAnswers Vandal Patrol: Senior Site Investigator, Copy Editor, Google Rising Star Program and more.

Yahoo! Contributor, WikiAnswers