Yu-Gi-Oh/fake yugioh cards

QUESTION: I recently bought a load of yugioh cards on ebay, one of the cards was called creatosaurus, the card was overly glossy and the card name was bolder than on normal cards, the colour on the back of the card was bright orange, it has hologram square at the bottom right corner, but certain ways you hold it you can see an imprint of a square, is this card fake?.

ANSWER: Almost Definitely.

As far as I'm aware, there's no card called Creatosaurus in the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG.

The closest is Babycerasaurus, which can be seen here:

The Glossy finish and bolder text are well known features of fake cards.
The hologram is something that is quite easy to duplicate nowadays, so a card having one does not necessarily make it genuine.

If you can provide me an image then I can tell you for sure, but for now I'm relatively certain that the card will be counterfeit.

Hope that helps.

baby ceratosaurus
baby ceratosaurus  

Ademen Insect LV 7
Ademen Insect LV 7  
QUESTION: here are the images of the cards I bought off ebay in a joblot, the majority of the cards are ok.

Yes, these are both definitely fake.

The text is different to normal cards, and the Level Stars are out too...
Both these cards have completely different names to their real versions (Babycerasaurus and Ultimate Insect LV7 respectively), so they are, unfortunately, both fake.

Hope that helps.

I'm able to answer any and all questions related to the English Yu-Gi-Oh! game itself. This includes, but isn't limited to:

Deck Fixes: Either making suggestions and improvements on a deck you've already built, or building a deck from scratch for you. In either case, please give an idea of the kind of deck you're building, the level of play you're planning to use it in (small tournaments, regionals etc), and the kind of budget you're on.
Please format decks in a way that's easy to read. Each card name should be on its own line, with a number before it indicating how many you're playing. Please split decks into Monsters, Spells and Traps.

NOTE: A level of reasonability is assumed with this. I cannot build you a nationals winning deck based on monsters whose name starts with the Letter 'A' on a budget of 4($6)... Nor will I generally respond well to Questions touting "No Xyz, Synchro... etc" or disallowing cards from certain parts of the show. I haven't seen the show in a number of years and find these conditions to usually be poorly-defined.

Rulings: On any card interacting with any other card(s). Tell me the scenario, and I'll tell you what happens.

I won't be answering questions on whether a trade is fair or not, or on how much X-card is worth, as both these kinds of question can be answered by using Ebay's completed listings page.

Level 2 Judge Qualification,
Level 1 Player Management Qualification,
Konami Rules Certification 1,
Regularly Head Judges Local Events,
Tournament Wins/Top 8 placements too numerous to detail here

BSc (Hons) Degree in Mathematics