Yu-Gi-Oh/Deck with no theme

Question
QUESTION: Hi, I've been a duelist since it started, but i dropped out until 3 years ago. Now I have an almost solid deck, but I'm having trouble since it's not a themed deck, so i called it a ???/Synchro deck
What type of cards you think i should build my deck, and what synchros i should add? Also, if you could tell me if any card i have is limited or semi limited it could help

???/Synchro deck (48)

Monsters: 19
2 Junk Synchron
2 Goblin Attack Force
1 Sasuke Samurai
1 Marauding Captain
1 Quillbolt Hedgehog
1 Mystic Tomato
1 Saber Beetle
1 Cyber-Tech Alligator
1 X-Saber Airbellum
1 Hane-Hane
1 Big Eye
1 Speed Warrior
1 Sonic Chick
1 Turbo Synchron
1 Road Synchron
1 Kelbek
1 Old Vindictive Magician

Spells: 12
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Mage Power
1 The Dark Door
1 Rush Recklessly
1 Unstable Evolution
1 Tribute to the Doomed
1 The Warrior Returning Alive
1 Creature Swap
1 Fissure
1 Scapegoat

Traps: 14
2 Magic Cylinder
1 Thunder of Ruler
1 Raigeki Break
1 Dust Tornado
1 Sakuretsu Armor
1 Nightmare Wheel
1 Ordeal of a Traveler
1 Scrap-Iron Scarecrow
1 Seven Tools of the Bandit
1 Widespread Ruin
1 Magic Drain
1 Interdimensional Matter Transporter
1 Metal Reflect Slime

Extra: 3
1 Junk Warrior
1 Road Warrior
1 X-Saber Urbellum

I hope you can help me with this, since until now my best combo for attack is having Junk Warrior along with Quillbolt Hedgehog with Unstable Evolution, so Junk Warrior gets 4700 attack, and my best defence is Sonic Chick

ANSWER: There are a few issues here:

1. Your monster line is inefficient, it's full of lots of monsters doing lots of things rather than multiples of monsters doing a few things very well.

2. Your Spell/Trap lines are using a lot of Watered-Down versions of better cards as replacements...

3. Your Extra deck is woefully understaffed...

Let's see if we can fix some of those.

First thing we need to do is introduce Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter:
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Ryko,_Lightsworn_Hunter

This guy is probably the best Level 2 monster around for your deck, since it does 3 things:
1. Destroys monsters like Old Vindictive Magician
2. Mills cards, maybe putting Quillbolt into the Graveyard
3. Can also destroy Spells/Traps like Mystical Space Typhoon

So let's focus the deck around him and Junk Synchron, and start like this:

3 Junk Synchron
3 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter

So now we need things that work when sent to the Graveyard like Quillbolt so that Ryko's mill effect is beneficial. I'd do something like this:

2 Quillbolt Hedgehog
1 Dandylion
2 Level Eater

These guys work really well with a card called Quickdraw Synchron:
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Quickdraw_Synchron

Which can also make your Junk Synchros, so let's add 2 of him:

2 Quickdraw Synchron

Next, a few Support cards for Quickdraw and Junk Synchron:

1 Doppelwarrior
1 Synchron Explorer
1 Unknown Synchron

And lastly, a bit of support:

1 Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
1 Tragoedia
2 Card Trooper

Which gives us 21 monsters

Moving on to spells.
This kind of deck has a basic line of spells it should always be playing, as do most decks.
It looks something like this:

3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Dark Hole
1 Book of Moon

Then we'll need some cards that are more specific to this deck:

2 Tuning
1 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Foolish Burial
1 One for One
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Mind Control

For 12 Spells, giving us space for 7 Traps:

We choose only the best and most powerful here, so we get these:

2 Mirror Force
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
1 Solemn Warning
1 Call of the Haunted
(7)

Which gives us this as a final deck:

3 Junk Synchron
3 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
2 Quillbolt Hedgehog
1 Dandylion
2 Level Eater
2 Quickdraw Synchron
1 Doppelwarrior
1 Synchron Explorer
1 Unknown Synchron
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
1 Tragoedia
2 Card Trooper
(21)

3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Dark Hole
1 Book of Moon
2 Tuning
1 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Foolish Burial
1 One for One
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Mind Control
(12)

2 Mirror Force
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
1 Solemn Warning
1 Call of the Haunted
(7)

Which will then need an appropriate Extra Deck:

1 Formula Synchron
1 Armory Arm
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 T.G. Hyper Librarian
1 Armades, Keeper of Boundaries
1 Junk Warrior
1 Junk Gardna
1 Orient Dragon
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Junk Berserker
1 Junk Destroyer
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Shooting Star Dragon
1 Shooting Quasar Dragon
(15)

Which may be a little expensive for you right now, but you can replace some of the more expensive ones with things of the same level that are easier to get, or just try to deck on an online program like Dueling Network or DevPro.

Give that a go, see how it works.

QUESTION: Thanks a lot, I've been trying this deck on Dueling Network and i have won around 7 matches now, but i keep getting trouble from the decks from my friends (Battling, Spellbook, Light/Dark/Synchro/XYZ, etc.) and i was wondering if there should be some cards that I should have in side deck for those specific types of duels. So far, I've been having this for Side Deck:

Monsters:
1 Stardust Phantom
1 Dragon Knight Draco-Equiste
(2)

Spells:
1 The Warrior Returning Alive
1 Polymerization
1 De-Fusion
1 Fusion Sage
(4)

Traps:
1 Starlight Road
1 Barrier Wave
(2)

Also i have a confusion in one of the effects of my old deck
If i attack with Goblin Attack Force, and my opponent uses Scrap-Iron Scarecrow, does my Goblin switches to defence?

I will be waiting an answer

Answer
Yes, a Side deck is used to counter matchups that you have trouble with, or just to improve your chances in all matchups.

Battlin' Boxer is a Leadyoke-or-Nothing deck: It falls flat on its face as soon as you remove Leadyoke from the field.
That card be quite tricky to do since it's so resistant to Destruction. However, it can be banished without incurring that difficulty - so you can just include more cards that outright banish it:

2 Dimensional Prison
1 Chaos Sorcerer
1 D.D. Warrior Lady

The Prisons Replace your copies of Mirror Force (Which are quite bad at killing Leadyoke) while Chaos Sorcerer is like a smaller version of Black Luster Soldier, and can replace your Tragoedia
D.D. Warrior Lady is a Banish card that can be searched by Reinforcement of the Army, and also doubles as a LIGHT monster for Luster/Sorcerer. Dropping a Card Trooper should be fine to side it in.

Spellbook is effectively a 3-card deck. If you can counter those 3 cards then you win:
1 World of Prophecy
2 The Grand Spellbook Tower

The World can remove you from the field entirely while retrieving spellbooks, so you'll need monster effect negation to prevent it.
The Tower is what gives the Spellbook deck such a ridiculous game one - allowing it to essentially draw 2 cards a turn.

Effect Negation is easy, we can simply add in 2 Effect Veiler, which will double as a Level 1 Tuner.
The Tower can be stopped as follows:

When your opponent activates it in their standby phase, you chain MST to destroy it. Because the Tower is destroyed at Chain Link 2, it misses the timing and is unable to special summon a spellcaster.
We can add in 2 Dust Tornado to improve your chances of drawing into S/T removal for Tower.

LIGHT/DARK/Synchro/Xyz is a little unspecific for me to build a side-deck for it really, but you should be including this like this in your side deck to counter other decks:

3 Imperial Iron Wall
3 Maxx "C"

Which makes your side deck look like this:

1 Chaos Sorcerer
1 D.D. Warrior Lady
2 Effect Veiler
3 Maxx "C"
2 Dimensional Prison
2 Dust Tornado
3 Imperial Iron Wall
1 Soul Drain
(15)

I'd use that as a side-deck.

In answer to your other question:

Goblin Attack Force and the like must reach Damage Calculation in order to switch batte position. Since Magic Cylinder negates the attack, this does not happen.
So Attack Force stays in attack position.

Hope that helps.

Yu-Gi-Oh

Exo