Yu-Gi-Oh/Deck Fix + Build

Question
QUESTION: Hey Exo,
I have two favors to ask of you. I hope its not too much to ask but I was wondering if you could help me with a Deck Fix and a Deck Build.
First up, a year ago I asked you to help me fix up my Darklord Norleras deck here:
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Yu-Gi-Oh-3315/2012/12/deck-fix-darklord-norleas.htm
Since then the meta has changed and the banlist has changed, and in order to shake things up I decided to change my Darklord Norleras deck into a Twilight Darklord deck that is run by Athena rather than The Dark Creator.  I did this in an attempt to make my deck faster, but unfortunately it hasn't worked up to my expectations. The decks are below:

= x21 Monsters =
x3 Armageddon Knight
x1 Dark Armed Dragon
x3 Dark Grepher
x3 Darklord Superbia
x3 Darklord Zerato
x2 Phantom of Chaos
x1 Plaguespreader Zombie
x1 Sangan
x2 Sky Scourge Norleras
x2 Dark Creator

= x15 Spells =
x1 Allure of Darkness
x1 Card Destruction
x1 Dark Hole
x1 Foolish Burial
x2 Hand Destruction
x1 Heavy Storm
x2 Into the Void
x1 Monster Reborn
x1 Reinforcement of the Army
x3 Trade-In
x1 Veil of Darkness

= x4 Traps =
x2 Royal Decree
x1 Solemn Judgement
x1 Torrential Tribute

And what I did was change it into this Deck:

= x27 Monsters =
x2 Armageddon Knight
x3 Athena
x1 Black Luster Soldier
x1 Chaos Sorcerer
x1 Dark Armed Dragon
x3 Dark Grepher
x2 Darklord Asmodeus
x3 Darklord Superbia
x2 Darklord Zerato
x2 Gellenduo
x1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
x2 Hecatrice
x2 Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
x2 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter

= x16 Spells =
x1 Allure of Darkness
x1 Dark Hole
x1 Foolish Burial
x3 Hand Destruction
x3 Pot of Duality
x1 Reinforcement of the Army
x3 Trade-In
x3 Valhalla, Hall of the Fallen

= x6 Traps =
x2 Call of the Haunted
x2 Royal Decree
x1 Solemn Warning
x1 Torrential Tribute

So the question is, which deck would you recommend? Would you run a Darklord Norleras Deck or a Twilight Darklord Deck in the current meta? If you could do a fix the more viable one, I would be super appreciative.

Also, my friends and I have been playing a lot of multiple person duels recently.  This means we've been playing with 3 to 5 people at a time.  This means that some of the rulings can get sort of funky. For example, any card that would normally affect both players (ie Torrential Tribute and Dark Hole) would affect all players playing, but other than that cards that would target your opponents field (like Mega Ton Magical Cannon) would only hit one of your opponents.  This being said, turns come around infrequently and you kind of pray that you're not the targeted one.  
Can you help me build a deck that would stand up in gameplay like this? Basically a deck that can function with your opponent having many turns and you having few. If you need more details or need me to ask this as a different question, let me know.
Thanks a bunch!!!

Mitch

ANSWER: The issue I have with your second build is that Athena is effectively a really bad Call of the Haunted that you never want to draw, but might sometimes get to attack if you're lucky...

Your Addition of multiple Chaos monsters will probably only serve to increase the number of hands where you open 6 unsummonable creatures and lose quite quickly too...

Unsurprisingly I quite like my old build, but you're correct in that you'll need changes to compete with today's game.

I'd like to take my original build as a baseline and work from there:

3 Darklord Superbia
3 The Dark Creator
2 Darklord Zerato
2 Sky Scourge Norleras
1 Dark Armed Dragon
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
3 Dark Grepher
2 Armageddon Knight
2 Phantom of Chaos
1 Sangan
1 Plaguespreader Zombie
(21)

3 Trade-In
3 Hand Destruction
2 Pot of Duality
1 Heavy Storm
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
1 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Foolish Burial
1 Card Destruction
(14)

2 Royal Decree
2 Torrential Tribute
(4)

A lot's outdated here: Firstly we'll drop to one Zerato and Remove Gorz - he's lovely and all, but in this format he's liable to simply be stolen by Big-Eye than make any meaningful contribution...
If you need a way to not die, then a copy of Battle Fader is a better way to go.

Sangan's Banned, so he has to go, but the rest looks quite reasonable. My only other modification is to Drop Dark Armed Dragon. That might seem odd, but in your early game you're looking to drop as many DARK monsters to your graveyard as possible. Sure, if you open with Dark Armed you can play into him, but when your main goal is to wipe out all your opponent's cards anyway, he seems surplus to requirement...

I'll drop in a copy of Darklord Asmodeus for the Zerato, as it'll help you hold the board should the Dark Hole come off the top for your opponent.
The second Plaguespreader will provide more discard bait while allowing you a greater chance to shove The Dark Creator on top before a Norleras Explosion, and can also allow you to summon Creatures like HTS Psyhemuth to deal with troublesome monsters.
My last addition is a copy of Archlord Kristya. While it's a LIGHT monster, it's the only way you're going to be fighting off decks like Dragon Ruler, which will simply respawn from the Graveyard once you've exploded.

3 Darklord Superbia
3 The Dark Creator
1 Darklord Zerato
1 Darklord Asmodeus
1 Archlord Kristya
2 Sky Scourge Norleras
3 Dark Grepher
2 Armageddon Knight
2 Phantom of Chaos
2 Plaguespreader Zombie
(20)

Spells, and a lot's gone here: Reborn, Storm, Card Destruction are all Banned, and Hand Destruction just really isn't that good at the moment. I like Goblin and Duality much better, with Duality being the better of the 2.

I've dropped quite a few spells here to make room for the Trap line that I plan to play. choosing to include the third Duality and a single Copy of Valhalla to support your large fairies, and as a way to cheat Kristya into play should you get the chance.
2 Forbidden Lance will allow you to support your Phantom of Chaos and ensure that it gets through.

3 Trade-In
3 Pot of Duality
2 Forbidden Lance
1 Foolish Burial
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Dark Hole
1 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Valhalla, Hall of the Fallen
(13)

Traps will change more still. With Storm gone you need a reliable way to lock off all your opponent's Back-Row at once, and Trap Stun is the only non-decree candidate available.
Trap Stun also benefits you in that you can prevent your opponent's Traps while leaving your own copies of Torrential Tribute and Call of the Haunted able to resolve.
Lastly, Return from the Different Dimension gives you a huge blowout win condition if you're simply unable to get your combo going well enough.

2 Trap Stun
2 Call of the Haunted
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Solemn Warning
1 Return from the Different Dimnension
(7)

Multiplayer games aren't really my area of expertise, and your particular way of playing them leaves them incredibly luck oriented, as you're ommitting a lot of the rules that Magic: The Gathering uses to make those games fairer. Here are a few of the more applicable ones:

Attack Left: Each player can attack only the player to their left in the circle. This ensures that you're only being attacked by one opponent at once, and allows players to influence how often they get attacked by applying pressure to their attacker's attacker (Which would just get them attacked by another person too undr your rules...)

Spell Range: Players may only target players (And creatures) within a certain number of people of them with effects and attacks. 1-2 is best here. Say you choose 1 as the Spell Range. That means that in a 5 person game you can only be attacked/targetted by 2 other players (One on either side of you), who in turn are under attack from at least one player that's not you. As players are eliminated from the game, new opponents come into your spell range. This again ensures that everyone doesn't gang up on a single person, as many of them are simply unable to.

Assuming that you're playing by your rules though, you have 2 choices:

1. Assemble an utterly invincible creature that your opponents cannot defeat. Venominaga/Exodia are the only known ones (Felgrand isn't bad, but only survives 2 turns). This tends to be a one-trick pony, as your opponents will immediately gang up on you once they understand the threat this deck presents.

2. Build a deck based on summoning creatures that are very difficult to destroy, but not fantastically threatening. Things like Spirit Reaper and Redox work well here. The idea here is to dissuade your opponents from attacking you by making it difficult, thus they will attack each other instead. Once the field is clearer (and thus the threat level reduced) you can start pulling out Heavy-hitters in the form of Chaos Monsters and High-End Xyz monsters.

I'd consider something like this:

3 Redox, Dragon Ruler of Boulders
3 Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls
3 Schwarzchild Limit Dragon
3 Mythic Water Dragon
3 Mythic Tree Dragon
2 Beast King Barbaros
3 Maxx "C"
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
(21)

3 Sacred Sword of Seven Stars
3 Trade-In
1 Gold Sarcophagus
1 Dark Hole
1 Book of Moon
(9)

2 Mirror Force
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Solemn Warning
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
1 Raigeki Break
1 Skill Drain
1 Trap Stun
1 Return from the Different Dimension
(10)

3 Felgrand the Divine Dragon Knight
2 Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack
2 Number 11 - Big Eye
2 Number 15 - 1 Gimmick Puppet Giant Grinder
1 Hieratic Sun Dragon, Overlord of Heliopolis
1 Number 46 - Dragluon
1 Coaching King Giantrainer
1 Number 40 - Gimmick Puppet of Strings
1 Number 107 - Galaxy Eyes Tachyon Dragon
1 Gaia Dragon - the Thunder Charger
(15)

The basic idea here is to summon Felgrand as soon and as often as possible. Your Early Game Sacrd Swords and Trade-Ins will help you assemble to necessary Mythic Tree/Water combination needed.
Felgrand's mild invinciblity will likely convince your opponents to attack elsewhere, while his Effect Veilr like properties will go further to prevent them targetting you. AS long as you sit behing Felgrand you're unlikely to be attacked (There's no need to attack yourself either unless the way is clear, as that just wastes Felgrand's materials and provokes a response).
If you're put under pressure by anything Dangerous then Dracossack or Giant Grinder can usually deal with it, and if not then Big Eye can always turn it in your favour...

Once your opponents are whittled down, you can then go on the offensive with Felgrand, Dracosack your Dragon Rulers, using Skill Drain to stop any retaliation, and eventually Return for the blowout win.

Normally this deck would play Swift Scarecrow instead of Gorz, as it's an EARTH monster for Redox, but here you'll need the additional attack stopping power if it comes to it, and Gorz's Level 7 status makes him an ideal material for Dracossack.

Give that a go, see what you think.

QUESTION: Thanks Exo!!!

I was trying out the first deck on Duel Network, and it looks like its gonna be good.  So then right as I was about to order the cards, I saw that they put up the new banlist for 2014. So unfortunately, I'm turning right back around to ask you again, in light of the following banlist what changes should I make to these two decks?
http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

Sorry to ask so soon after.

Mitch

Answer
The first one is exactly the same, you just switch out Return for another Trap... Bottomless or Compulse should do.

The Second is now completely destroyed. Redox and Tidal are its core, and the hit on Sacred Sword will cripple the Draw Engine.
The best you're likely to get from it is if you do this:

-2 Sword
-2 Tidal
-2 Redox
-1 Return
-1 Raigeki Break

+1 Blaster
+1 Tempest
+1 Dragunity Corsesca
+1 Beast King Barbaros
+1 Foolish Burial
+2 Mystical Space Typhoon
+1 Skill Drain

-1 Number 46 - Dragluon
-1 Number 11 - Big Eye
-1 Gaia Dragon - the Thunder Charger
-1 Number 107 - Galaxy Eyes Tachyon Dragon

+1 Stardust (/Spark) Dragon
+1 Colossal Fighter
+1 Scrap Dragon
+1 Armory Arm

Which will fix it to some degree

Yu-Gi-Oh

Exo