Yu-Gi-Oh/Horus black flame dragon

Dear sir,

I'm trying to make an Horus deck that would be as competitive as possible but didn't mangage. I tried to mix that with dragons and with annoying cards like grand mole and guardian sphinx but it wasn't strong enough. Do you have some idea to make an Horus lv6/8 deck that would be a bit useful (and as powerful as possible :) )?

Thanks in advance for your answer, cordially,
Caim Alhambra

This question seems rather popular recently. 3 of my last 4 questions have been asking for this deck.
My current build looks like this:

1 Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
1 Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8
3 Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV6
3 Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos
3 Redox, Dragon Ruler of Boulders
1 Yamata Dragon
3 Masked Dragon
1 Flamvell Guard
1 Exploder Dragon
2 Totem Dragon

2 Mystical Space Typhoon
3 Sacred Sword of Seven Stars
3 Dragon Ravine
1 Dark Hole
1 Book of Moon
1 Gold Sarcophagus

2 Trap Stun
3 Fiendish Chain
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Return from the different Dimension
1 Solemn Wanring
1 Raigeki Break
1 Sixth Sense

Which should work fine. You'll also need an extra deck containing Rank 7s and a few Synchros (mainly dragon-type)
Give that a go.

I'm able to answer any and all questions related to the English Yu-Gi-Oh! game itself. This includes, but isn't limited to:

Deck Fixes: Either making suggestions and improvements on a deck you've already built, or building a deck from scratch for you. In either case, please give an idea of the kind of deck you're building, the level of play you're planning to use it in (small tournaments, regionals etc), and the kind of budget you're on.
Please format decks in a way that's easy to read. Each card name should be on its own line, with a number before it indicating how many you're playing. Please split decks into Monsters, Spells and Traps.

NOTE: A level of reasonability is assumed with this. I cannot build you a nationals winning deck based on monsters whose name starts with the Letter 'A' on a budget of 4($6)... Nor will I generally respond well to Questions touting "No Xyz, Synchro... etc" or disallowing cards from certain parts of the show. I haven't seen the show in a number of years and find these conditions to usually be poorly-defined.

Rulings: On any card interacting with any other card(s). Tell me the scenario, and I'll tell you what happens.

I won't be answering questions on whether a trade is fair or not, or on how much X-card is worth, as both these kinds of question can be answered by using Ebay's completed listings page.

Level 2 Judge Qualification,
Level 1 Player Management Qualification,
Konami Rules Certification 1,
Regularly Head Judges Local Events,
Tournament Wins/Top 8 placements too numerous to detail here

BSc (Hons) Degree in Mathematics