Yu-Gi-Oh/Hieratic Blue Eyes Review

QUESTION: Hey Exo, it's Steven here. Before I get into asking what I need answered, I'd just like to apologize for how I responded our last question (regarding the Blue Eyes build). My response was probably not the greatest, but I know that it was bcuz I thought you didn't seem interested in Blue Eyes themed decks. But Its a new day, a fresh start, and I just want to move forward and forget the past. Now with that in mind, iask you Exo if you could review my Hieratic Blue Eyes Deck? Meaning any suggestions and or tips that can help it rise to the max and hit the new format hard. But in a budget style. Here is my Hieratic Blue Eyes.

Hieratic Blue Eyes 41

Monsters 24
3x Blue-Eyes White Dragon
1x Hieratic Seal of the Sun Dragon Overlord
1x Wattaildragon
3x Hieratic Dragon of Eset
3x Hieratic Dragon of Nebthet
3x Hieratic Dragon of Su
3x Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit
1x Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
1x Koa'ki Meiru Drago
2x Tour Guide From the Underworld
1x Night Assailant
2x Maxx "C"

Spells 14
2x Hieratic Seal of Convocation
2x Trade-In
3x A Wingbeat of Giant Dragon
1x Heavy Storm
1x Monster Reborn
1x Dark Hole
1x Pot of Avarice
1x Pot of Duality
1x Mind Control
1x Dragon's Mirror

Traps 3
3x Threatening Roar

Extra Deck 15
1x Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon
1x Five-Headed Dragon
1x Leviair the Sea Dragon
1x Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
1x Temtempo the Percussion Djinn
1x Wind-Up Zenmaines
1x Gem-Knight Pearl
1x Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon
1x Wind-Up Arsenal Zenmaioh
1x Hieratic Dragon King of Atum
1x Photon Strike Bounzer
1x Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger
1x Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis
1x Neo Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon
1x Thunder End Dragon

Well Exo, here's how my Hieratic Blue Eyes deck looks going forward. A simple review is all I really ask for amongst this deck. Suggestions and tips for it are welcome. As I mentioned last time this hieratic build is to souly use the Rank 8 XYZ monsters, and to focus on Lvl 8 Vanillas. This build basically showcases the other side of Hieratics and what they can do when they have lvl 8's in their back pocket. Also this deck build is a tribute to Blue-Eyes White Dragon for me. So if you can just let me know where I stand with this deck, that will be most appreciated Exo? If any changes are needed, make sure they are budgetable ones. The past is forgotten and all I see is the future. Hope you can help and I await your response.

ANSWER: Few things that need to happen here...

Firstly, there's not point in the Hieratic Seal of the Sun Dragon Overlord. Yes, i'm aware that it's going towards more Level 8 monsters for Trade-In, but it's also going towards more Dead-drawn cards that I really don't want to see in my hand... It's just BEWD with no stats...

The Koa'ki Meiru Drago can come out, Fire and Water are going to be the thing this format, and Drago doesn't stop either of them.

2 Tragoedia should replace them, as you're unlikely to be doing too much until you hit your combo.
Gorz should be added too, as you'll need to survive more turns wihtout Cardcar.

We'll also drop out Night Assailant, as I never want to draw that either.
The risk of Drawing Double Tour Guide is fine here.

You need 3 Hieratic Seal, as it's the only thing that's going to keep you in the game. You'll need 3 Hieratic monsters to combo off here, so you need to make sure you can get to them.
This is even more important without Cardcar.
With only 3 BEWD to discard, we'll drop to 1 Trade-In

I'm going to drop Pot of Avarice since you're unlikely to get a Second shot at the Kill blow, and it's a dead draw until you've tried.
We'll add in the Second Duality instead to increase consistency.

That should give you something like this:

1 Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
2 Tragoedia
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
3 Blue-Eyes White Dragon
1 Wattaildragon
3 Hieratic Dragon of Eset
3 Hieratic Dragon of Nebthet
3 Hieratic Dragon of Su
3 Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit
2 Tour Guide From the Underworld
2 Maxx "C"

3 Hieratic Seal of Convocation
2 Pot of Duality
3 Wingbeat of Giant Dragon
1 Heavy Storm
1 Monster Reborn
1 Dark Hole
1 Trade-In
1 Dragon's Mirror

3 Threatening Roar

Which gives 40 total, and I think will be far more consistent at what it does.
Give that a go.

QUESTION: Hey Exo, thanks for the help on this subject. But, I have to ask why you put 3 Convocations in the deck when that card is still Semi-Limited on F&L list for March? A replacement for that extra Seal is needed. My thought is placing in the now Limited One Day of Peace, or if that doesn't work why not a BLS. Considering the amount of Darks that are in here now. Would that work? Also, for the side deck, what could you suggest I use in the side deck? All I could think of so far is this:

SideDeck 9
2x Effect Veiler
2x Prohibition
2x Smashing Ground
1x Soul Taker
2x Torrential Tribute

That's my Follow Up, a 3rd Convocation replacement, and Side deck suggestions. Hope you can help and I await your response.

Ugh, I'd forgotten precisely how random the new Forbidden and Limited List is...
Yet another pointless Semi-Limitation...

Drop it for Luster Soldier, and then perhaps a Wingbeat to drop the Second Trade-In back in. You're unlikely to want to Trade-In Luster Soldier, but the option's there if it's needed.

I'd go for this as a Side-Deck:

3 Effect Veiler
2 Forbidden Lance
2 Soul Taker
1 A Wingbeat of Giant Dragon
2 Mind Crush
2 Torrential Tribute
3 Royal Decree

Give that a go.

I'm able to answer any and all questions related to the English Yu-Gi-Oh! game itself. This includes, but isn't limited to:

Deck Fixes: Either making suggestions and improvements on a deck you've already built, or building a deck from scratch for you. In either case, please give an idea of the kind of deck you're building, the level of play you're planning to use it in (small tournaments, regionals etc), and the kind of budget you're on.
Please format decks in a way that's easy to read. Each card name should be on its own line, with a number before it indicating how many you're playing. Please split decks into Monsters, Spells and Traps.

NOTE: A level of reasonability is assumed with this. I cannot build you a nationals winning deck based on monsters whose name starts with the Letter 'A' on a budget of 4($6)... Nor will I generally respond well to Questions touting "No Xyz, Synchro... etc" or disallowing cards from certain parts of the show. I haven't seen the show in a number of years and find these conditions to usually be poorly-defined.

Rulings: On any card interacting with any other card(s). Tell me the scenario, and I'll tell you what happens.

I won't be answering questions on whether a trade is fair or not, or on how much X-card is worth, as both these kinds of question can be answered by using Ebay's completed listings page.

Level 2 Judge Qualification,
Level 1 Player Management Qualification,
Konami Rules Certification 1,
Regularly Head Judges Local Events,
Tournament Wins/Top 8 placements too numerous to detail here

BSc (Hons) Degree in Mathematics