Yu-Gi-Oh/Regarding Specific Card's Effect

Question
Hi Neo,

My question is regarding the Shinato, King of a Higher Plane card. The effect clearly states that:

'This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card, "Shinato's Ark". You must also Tribute monsters whose total Level equal 8 or more from the field or your hand. When this card destroys a Defense Position monster and sends it to the Graveyard as a result of battle, inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the original ATK of the destroyed monster.'

My friends and I were wondering if you may tribute enemy monsters to Ritual Summon this card, as the term 'from the field' is open to some interpretation. If there is not information relating to this rule specifically, we are happy to accept any interpretation you may make to clear things up.

Thanks in advance,
'Jambo Mac'

Answer
Hiya,

For the "Shinato, King of a Higher Plane Card", you can only tribute monsters from the field that you control.

Any time a card description says "tribute", it means that you must have control of the monster you are going to tribute unless the card explicitly states that you can tribute monsters that your opponents control. Hope this clears things up for you :)

-- Neo

Yu-Gi-Oh

Neogoldman2

Wikianswers answers.

Wikianswers, Yahoo! Contributor, Google Rising Star Program

WikiAnswers, Yahoo! Contributors/Yahoo! Voices

WikiAnswers

WikiAnswers Gold Contributor, WikiAnswers Vandal Patrol: Senior Site Investigator, Copy Editor, Google Rising Star Program and more.

Yahoo! Contributor, WikiAnswers