Yu-Gi-Oh/Wind-Up Deck

Hey Exo,

Well, the banlist hit my Wind-Ups pretty hard. Even though I can pull out some stellar combos ("Excalibur" having 4000 ATK and cann attack twice with "Shark Fortress") my deck is really hit or miss now. I found my win/loss ratio less then 50/50. I was hoping you could tell me what I was doing wrong and what I can fix. Thanks in advance!

3x Wind-Up Shark
2x Wind-Up Rat
2x Wind-Up Dog
2x Wind-Up Soldier
2x Wind-Up Warrior
2x Wind-Up Rabbit
1x Wind-Up Magician
1x Summoner Monk
1x Marshmallon
1x Cyber Dragon
1x The Tricky
2x Tour Guide of the Underworld

SPELL = 10

2x Wind-Up Factory
2x Mystical Space Tyhpoon
1x Zenmailfunction
1x Lightning Vortex
1x Mind Control
1x Monster Reborn
1x Heavy Storm
1x Dark Hole

TRAP = 10

2x Bottomless Trap Hole
2x Black Horn of Heaven
1x Solemn Warning
1x Solemn Judgment
1x Mirror Force
1x Dark Bribe
1x Call of the Haunted
1x Divine Wrath

EXTRA = 15

2x Wind-Up Zenmaines
2x Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
1x Number 39: Utopia
1x Heroic Champion Exaclibur
1x Shock Master
1x Wind-Up Zenmaioh
2x Number 61: Volcasaurus
2x Tiras, Keeper of Genesis
2x Shark Fortress
1x Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon

Basically, the entire tempo of this deck has to shift now. We're not playing for ridiculous Magician/Shark-esque combos right off the bat, but rather to grind into the late-game.

That's not to say that OTKs aren't possible, they just happen less often and in different ways.

Your deck should now want to set up Rabbit and Factory on turn 1, as this allows you to quickly out-card your opponent and win the game.
To this extent, I'd build to look like this:

3 Wind-Up Rabbit
3 Wind-Up Shark
3 Wind-Up Rat
1 Wind-Up Magician
2 Wind-Up Warrior
1 Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Bear
2 Tour Guide from the Underworld

With this monster line I've cut out the monsters that don't really add anything - Dog and the additional copies of Soldier/Warrior in favour of maxing out the wind-ups that have the biggest effect on the game.
Extra Special summons like Summoner Monk and Cyber Dragon simply aren't necessary, and are likely to hurt our game plan by forcing early pushes.

3 Fire Formation - Tenki
3 Wind-Up Factory
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Pot of Duality
1 Monster Reborn
1 Dark Hole
1 Heavy Storm
1 Pot of Avarice

Here the 3 Tenki ensure that we get to Rabbit as quickly as possible, while Duality will assist with finding Factory. The rest is just the basics.

2 Torrential Tribute
2 Fiendish Chain
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Dimensional Prison/Mirror Force
1 Solemn Warning
1 Solemn Judgment

Here I've just standardised your Trap Line.

Your Extra deck is a little light on options, I'd modify it to look like this:

1 Number 61 - Volcasaurus
1 Gaia Dragon - the Thunder Charger
1 Tiras, Keeper of Genesis
1 Shark Fortress
1 Number 39 - Utopia
1 Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
1 Number 16 - Shock Master
1 Diamond Dire Wolf
1 Photon Papilloperative
1 Abyss Dweller
1 Number 17 - Leviathan Dragon
1 Wind-Up Zenmaines
1 M-X-Saber Invoker
1 Leviair the Sea Dragon
1 Soul of Silvermountain

Give that a go, see how it works.

I'm able to answer any and all questions related to the English Yu-Gi-Oh! game itself. This includes, but isn't limited to:

Deck Fixes: Either making suggestions and improvements on a deck you've already built, or building a deck from scratch for you. In either case, please give an idea of the kind of deck you're building, the level of play you're planning to use it in (small tournaments, regionals etc), and the kind of budget you're on.
Please format decks in a way that's easy to read. Each card name should be on its own line, with a number before it indicating how many you're playing. Please split decks into Monsters, Spells and Traps.

NOTE: A level of reasonability is assumed with this. I cannot build you a nationals winning deck based on monsters whose name starts with the Letter 'A' on a budget of 4($6)... Nor will I generally respond well to Questions touting "No Xyz, Synchro... etc" or disallowing cards from certain parts of the show. I haven't seen the show in a number of years and find these conditions to usually be poorly-defined.

Rulings: On any card interacting with any other card(s). Tell me the scenario, and I'll tell you what happens.

I won't be answering questions on whether a trade is fair or not, or on how much X-card is worth, as both these kinds of question can be answered by using Ebay's completed listings page.

Level 2 Judge Qualification,
Level 1 Player Management Qualification,
Konami Rules Certification 1,
Regularly Head Judges Local Events,
Tournament Wins/Top 8 placements too numerous to detail here

BSc (Hons) Degree in Mathematics