Yu-Gi-Oh/Poisoness Snakes in Full Force

Hey Exo, Steven here. I know I said in my thank/rate column on my last question I wouldn't ask another until new stuff hits the format, but this one's an exception. Yesterday (4/8/2013) I was on DN and was watching 1 of my friends. He and I then played 1 another and he was using a deck based on bringing out Vennominon the King of Poisonous Snakes and Vennominaga the Deity of Poisonous Snakes. Amonst all of the decks I've seen and heard about, I've never come across something like this. My friend said he'd been playtesting quite a bit with this and has run into a consistency issue. He asked me if I could look over his deck and try making it consistent enough. Honestly i don't know how to takle this issue. Could you possibly help me improve my friends Vennominon/Vennominaga deck? Here's his deck.

Vennominon/Vennominaga 43

Monsters 17
2x Vennominaga the Deity of Poisonous Snakes
3x Vennominon the King of Poisonous Snakes
2x Reptilianne Vaskii
1x Evil Dragon Ananta
3x Reptilianne Gardna
3x Oshaleon
3x Reptilianne Naga

Spells 16
3x Trade-In
3x Viper's Rebirth
2x Snake Rain
2x MST
2x Pot of Duality
1x Allure of Darkness
1x Heavy Storm
1x Dark Hole
1x Monster Reborn

Traps 9
3x Offering to the Snake Deity
3x Rise of the Snake Deity
2x Torrential Tribute
1x Solemn Judgment

(I ain't gonna worry about the Extra deck. Cuz the ED is player preference)

If you can think of a Side Deck to go with this type of strategy, that would also be helpful. Other than that this is what my friend has built. His main focus is to get Reptiles to the grave, and to quickly summon Vennominaga the Deity of Poisonous Snakes, as well as Vennominon the King of Poisonous Snakes. I've played against this build and gotten this strategy done. The major downside is it takes so long to set up and it lacks some major consistency. Which I imagine is crucial to a deck such as this 1. Anyway, could you Exo help both my friend and I fix this deck so that it can possibly stand against the top players in tournaments? If this deck's beyond fixable that's fine, but I believe you can help take this strategy to a whole new level. Hope you can help and I await your response.

Hmmmmm, while I doubt that a deck like this is ever going to be Competitive (If it was easy to summon then Venominaga would be ridiculous...), but there are a few tricks we can employ to  table it more often.

The first and most important is Armageddon Knight -> Limit Reverse.
It's simple, you summon Armageddon Knight and send Venominon to the Graveyard.
Set Limit Reverse and Rise of the Snake Deity.
Then, during your opponent's End Phase, you limit reverse Venominon back onto the Field.
That leaves you free to switch him to defense during your turn (which will cause Limit Reverse to destroy him), meeting the trigger for Rise of the Snake Deity to Summon Venominaga...

It's a simple way to trigger Rise without any interaction with your opponent whatsoever. The only issue is the large number of Mystical Space Typhoons in play at the moment...

Your Friend seems to have the right idea for the rest of the deck though, large amounts of draw-power to get to the key cards quickly.
I'm not sure I like the monster line though, since Ananta directly conflicts with Venominaga.
2 Venominaga is overkill too, since an opponent is unlikely to be able to deal with one...
I think the Worm engine is better here, since the Battle Destruction cards don't really accomplish anything that Xex can't do faster...

Have you seen King Feral Imp from LTGY? That gives you the ability to play Rescue Rabbit in here should you want.

I'd go with something like this:

1 Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
1 Venominaga the Deity of Poisonous Snakes
3 Venominon the King of Poisonous snakes
3 Worm Xex
3 Worm Yagan
2 Worm Cartaros
2 Armageddon Knight

3 Trade-In
3 Upstart Goblin
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Pot of Duality
1 Heavy Storm
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
1 Reinforcement of the Army

3 Offering to the Snake Deity
2 Rise of the Snake Deity
2 Limit Reverse
2 Torrential Tribute
1 Solemn Judgment

Which I think will play better.

A Side Deck for it needs to counter Royal Decree, Banishing Cards and Abyss Dweller (Since these take advantage of Venominaga's only weaknesses).

2 Effect Veiler
1 Snake Rain
2 Soul Taker
2 Twister
2 Imperial Iron Wall
3 Fiendish Chain
3 Soul Drain

Give that a try.

I'm able to answer any and all questions related to the English Yu-Gi-Oh! game itself. This includes, but isn't limited to:

Deck Fixes: Either making suggestions and improvements on a deck you've already built, or building a deck from scratch for you. In either case, please give an idea of the kind of deck you're building, the level of play you're planning to use it in (small tournaments, regionals etc), and the kind of budget you're on.
Please format decks in a way that's easy to read. Each card name should be on its own line, with a number before it indicating how many you're playing. Please split decks into Monsters, Spells and Traps.

NOTE: A level of reasonability is assumed with this. I cannot build you a nationals winning deck based on monsters whose name starts with the Letter 'A' on a budget of 4($6)... Nor will I generally respond well to Questions touting "No Xyz, Synchro... etc" or disallowing cards from certain parts of the show. I haven't seen the show in a number of years and find these conditions to usually be poorly-defined.

Rulings: On any card interacting with any other card(s). Tell me the scenario, and I'll tell you what happens.

I won't be answering questions on whether a trade is fair or not, or on how much X-card is worth, as both these kinds of question can be answered by using Ebay's completed listings page.

Level 2 Judge Qualification,
Level 1 Player Management Qualification,
Konami Rules Certification 1,
Regularly Head Judges Local Events,
Tournament Wins/Top 8 placements too numerous to detail here

BSc (Hons) Degree in Mathematics