Yu-Gi-Oh/rules of the game

Question
I have a couple of questions about the rules of the game.
First of all it says that in the rule book you need to tribute 1 monster to summon a level 5,6 monster. Does the level of the monster matter when your tributing?
Secondly how many monsters can i play per turn?

Answer
For you First question:

No, it doesn't matter what level the Tributed monster is.
You can tribute a Level 8 monster to summon a Level 6 one if you like.

Second Question:

That depends on how you're summoning them.

You only get One Normal Summon or Set per turn.
However, you get as many Special Summons as you want. (These are summons caused by effects)
You can also perform multiple Flip-Summons per turn, but only one per monster, and only if that monster wasn't summoned/set that turn.

Hope that helps, let me know if you need further clarification.

Yu-Gi-Oh

Exo