Yu-Gi-Oh/I want to improve the consistency of my deck, so I don't start have a bad hand.

Question
Monsters (17)
Blackwing - Zephyros the Elite x 2
Dark Simorgh
Dragunity Arma Mystletainn x 2
Dragunity Dux x 3
Dragunity Phalanx x 3
Malefic stardust dragon
red-eyes darkness metal dragon
stardust dragon/assault mode x 2
van'dalgyon the dark dragon lord x 2

spells (14)
dark hole
Dragon Ravine x 3
Foolish burial
Heavy storm
monster reborn
Mystical space typhoon x 2
Terraforming x 3
Trade-In x 2

Traps (9)
Assault mode activate x 2
Dark Bribe x 2
Mirror force
Solemn judgement
Solemn warning
Starlight Road x 2

Extra Deck (15)
Dragunity knight - gae dearg
Dragunity knight - vajrayana x 3
Hieratic dragon king of atum
Hieratic sun dragon overlord of heliopolis
number 39 :utopia
photon strike bounzer
scrap dragon
stardust dragon x 3
trident dragion
dragunity knight - barcha
thought ruler archfiend

Thank You for the help

Answer
If you want to fix consistency here then you need to drop the Assault mode Engine, which is what's causing half your troubles...
Adding in cards that you never want to draw doesn't really help with your consistency, and doesn't really seem necessary in a deck that can just spawn Level 8 Synchros turn after turn anyway.
The Malefics aren't helping either, adding in more cards that rely on you seeing your field spell isn't really helping your consistency issues, especially since those monsters really aren't that great anyway.

The other thing that's missing is Tempest, Dragon Ruler of Storms, which allows you to search for any of your combo pieces, or just grab Big Red. It's also a recurring source of 2400 Damage.

I'd go with something like this:

1 Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
3 Tempest, Dragon Ruler of Storms
2 Dragunity-Arma Mystletainn
3 Dragunity Dux
3 Draginity Phalanx
2 Dragunity Legionnaire
1 Dragunity Aklys
1 Blackwing, Zephyros the Elite
2 Effect Veiler
(18)

3 Dragon Ravine
3 Terraforming
1 Heavy Storm
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
1 Book of Moon
(10)

3 Compulsory Evacuation Device
3 Fiendish Chain
2 Breakthrough Skill
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Solemn Warning
(12)

Which should be much better at both opening consistently, and at combatting the Dragon-Prophecy Meta.
Give that a go, see what you think.

Yu-Gi-Oh

Exo