Yu-Gi-Oh/Herald of Perfection July 2013

Hey, Exo!

Could you build a Herald of Perfection deck that takes advantage of the Archlord Kristya lockdown? My favorite version of the deck uses level 1 normal monsters combined with the agents and Advanced Ritual Art to summon Herald and Kristya as early as turn 3, but I often lose when I don't get the pieces for the combo, or draw a hand full of mokey mokeys and mystic shine balls....

Do you have a better idea for how this should be built? I'm eager for something different while waiting for JOTL.

Also, out of Vylon, Gem Knights and Gusto, are any of those decks currently worth playing? Should I give them a go? They didn't seem to make much of an impact at all when they were released.

I'm not sure you really need the Archlord Kristya once you have Herald in the current meta. (I mean, you'd include it anyway because it's a semi-automatic win against Dragon, but it's not necessary to win)
I've just tried think of cards that can get rid of Herald of Perfection in Dragons/Spellbooks. I came up with Colossal Fighter/Red Dragon Archfiend for Dragons, and a Star Hall boosted Kycoo for Spellbook.
That's not a lot of cards, and the dragon half can be removed simply by summoning Freya.
The difficulty lies in actually winning the game after your herald locks out all your opponent's cards...
A combination build with Master Hyperion should help do something about that, though you'll still need freya in the end to keep blaster from running it over (as you simply can't afford to be using cards to negate dragon effects every turn...

For the agent build for this meta I think I'd try something like this:

2 Archlord Kristya
3 Master Hyperion
3 Herald of Perfection
3 Manju of the Ten Thousand Hands
2 Senju of the Thousand Hands
3 The Agent of Creation - Venus
2 The Agent of Mystery - Earth
3 Herald of Green Light
1 Honest
3 Mystical Shine Ball
1 Dunames Dark Witch
1 Gyakutenno Megami
2 Freya, Spirit of Victory

2 Advanced Ritual Art
1 Dawn of the Herald
2 Dark Factory of Mass Production
2 Preparation of Rites
1 Heavy Storm
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
1 Book of Moon

I'd give something along those lines a go, see what you think.

As for the other 3, none of them are even remotely close to competitive. Most hidden Arsenal Archetypes aren't though (the only major exception to this are X-Saber and maybe con stellar).
Each archetype has its own issues that stop it being top tier - Gem Knights are far too inefficient with their fusions, Vylon relies too much on equip Spells, and Gusto just doesn't do much that other decks actually care about.
Vylon probably comes closest due to its abundance of Thunder Based support, ability to make Level 8 Synchros for Eradicator easily, and immunity to Imperial Iron Wall (Which would have to be played in the maindeck of any of these).

I'm not sure it would be competitive, but I can attempt to find and/or build a vylon deck if you'd like.

I'm able to answer any and all questions related to the English Yu-Gi-Oh! game itself. This includes, but isn't limited to:

Deck Fixes: Either making suggestions and improvements on a deck you've already built, or building a deck from scratch for you. In either case, please give an idea of the kind of deck you're building, the level of play you're planning to use it in (small tournaments, regionals etc), and the kind of budget you're on.
Please format decks in a way that's easy to read. Each card name should be on its own line, with a number before it indicating how many you're playing. Please split decks into Monsters, Spells and Traps.

NOTE: A level of reasonability is assumed with this. I cannot build you a nationals winning deck based on monsters whose name starts with the Letter 'A' on a budget of 4($6)... Nor will I generally respond well to Questions touting "No Xyz, Synchro... etc" or disallowing cards from certain parts of the show. I haven't seen the show in a number of years and find these conditions to usually be poorly-defined.

Rulings: On any card interacting with any other card(s). Tell me the scenario, and I'll tell you what happens.

I won't be answering questions on whether a trade is fair or not, or on how much X-card is worth, as both these kinds of question can be answered by using Ebay's completed listings page.

Level 2 Judge Qualification,
Level 1 Player Management Qualification,
Konami Rules Certification 1,
Regularly Head Judges Local Events,
Tournament Wins/Top 8 placements too numerous to detail here

BSc (Hons) Degree in Mathematics