Yu-Gi-Oh/Synchrocentric 2013

Question
QUESTION: Could you build a Yusei/Synchron style synchro deck taking advantage of the new September 2013 banlist? Could you also include an extra deck that plays Trishula and any other worthwhile JOTL synchros? I'm super excited for scapegoat being at 3 and Gorz at 2, it's just hard to find the space to fit them in. Chaos Sorcerer at 2 is awesome as well. Are there enough good LIGHT monsters to justify playing 2 of those?

Thank you.

ANSWER: Given that the TCG's new Forbidden/Limited List has just been revealed, I'm not sure where you'd like to go with this...

Fortunately we'll not be seeing Trishula's return, or Gorz moving to Semi Limited.
Rather unfortunately, Heavy Storm will be rejoining the Forbidden List...

How would you like to proceed?

QUESTION: I'd still like the deck, please and thank you. Just do the best you can with this list and I'll try it out. Back row got severely weakened so I really don't foresee any real difficulty. With the exception of maybe Evilswarm. It looks like they really wanted people to play Evilswarm decks with this banlist.

So much for believing everything you read, huh? Either Trishula and Gorz were a troll or they just got cold feet and decided against it. Thanks a bunch for waiting until the actual list was posted so I didn't make a fool out of myself.

Answer
Being honest, the best deck to take advantage of the new 3 Scapegoat unlimitation is likely to be Dragon Ruler Plant-Synchro - an adaptation of the DRagon Ruler Paradigm modified to work without the Smaller Dragon Rulers, and abusing Redoc/Tempest's Effects to Search and re-use Debris Dragon and Crane Crane respectively.
Look for it to make a huge splash appearance one the new Rank 3 Plant support Xyz is released in Shadow Spectres.

However, a post-Sept 1st Chaos Synchron variant would likely look like this:

1 Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
2 Quickdraw Synchron
3 Junk Synchron
3 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
2 Doppelwarrior
2 Effect Veiler
2 Level Eater
1 Dandylion
1 Lonefire Blossom
1 Spore
1 Quillbolt Hedgehog
1 Synchron Explorer
1 Unknown Synchron
1 Treeborn Frog
(23)

2 Enemy Controller
2 Tuning
1 Dark Hole
1 Mind Control
1 Foolish Burial
1 One for One
1 Reinforcement of the Army
3 Scapegoat
(12)

2 Breakthrough Skill
2 Call of the Haunted
1 Solemn Warning
(5)

Extra:

1 Formula Synchron
1 Mist Bird Clausolas
1 Armory Army
1 T.G. Hyper Librarian
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 Armades, Keeper of Boundaries
1 Drill Warrior
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Junk Berserker
1 Junk Destroyer
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Colossal Fighter
1 Crimson Blader
1 Shooting Star Dragon
(15)

It's pretty much the same as it looks now, but without the Power Spells and with additional copies of Scapegoat.
If you want a look at where "Plant" Synchro is going, I'd suggest a look at something like this:

3 Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls
3 Redox, Dragon Ruler of Boulders
3 Tempest, Dragon Ruler of Storms
3 Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
3 Crane Crane
2 Card Trooper
2 Maxx "C"
2 Debris Dragon
2 Effect Veiler
1 Dandylion
1 Lonefire Blossom
1 Spore
1 Flamvell Guard
1 Dragunity Corsesca
(29)

3 Scapegoat
2 Sacred Sword of Seven Stars
1 Gold Sarcophagus
1 Foolish Burial
1 Dark Hole
1 Mind Control
1 One for One
1 Book of Moon
(11)

The kinks are still being worked out, but it's looking like a reasonable contender already.

Give those a go, see what you think.

Yu-Gi-Oh

Exo