Yu-Gi-Oh/Deck Build

Question
QUESTION: Hey Exo,

So I decided to pick Yugioh back up after dropping it for over 6 months.  I come back to find that the September '13 ban list hit my old decks hard.  So I've decided to go back to the drawing board and make a new deck.  I'm not sure exactly what the current meta is, but I decided it might be able to shut down if you shut down special summons.  But as I said, I'm not sure.

As I said, I'm building a new deck.  I was thinking about using Steelswarms, but giving it a few anti-meta capabilities. As I said I'm not exactly sure what the current meta looks like, or where to start with Steelswarms, so can you help me build this from scratch? Price is not a problem either.

Thanks in advance,
Mitch

ANSWER: You're quite correct in that you can shut down the meta by shutting out Special Summons.
Steelswarm however, is the wrong 'lswarm' deck to go about this with. Evilswarm is the real Anti-meta deck this format.

I can still build you steelswarm if you like, but it doesn't really have enough support to take games from the Metagame, even if you do decide to main 3 Vanity's Emptiness.

Let me know via follow-up.

QUESTION: Exo,

Well in that case I think I'm gonna have to bail on the Steelswarm idea and just go anti-meta.  I'm not exactly sure what you have planned, but I would prefer if it wasn't a random collection of anti-special cards like Vanity's Fiend and Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo without any real support.  Don't get me wrong, those are good cards to put in a deck, but I would prefer a deck that actually supports itself.  But I ramble.

I trust your judgment for such a deck.

Thanks,
Mitch

Answer
As I've said, Evilswarm is the best Anti-Meta deck this format (Constellar and Infernity are also in the race, but not anywhere near as efficient).
Evilswarm realistically just takes the "Stop Special Summons" theory to its logical extreme: The Meta wins by special summoning High-Level monsterss, so I'll summon a monster that stops that and defend it forever.
Meet Evilswarm Ophion.dek:

3 Evilswarm Castor
3 Evilswarm Heliotrope
3 Evilswarm Kerykeion
3 Evilswarm Mandragora
2 Evilswarm Thunderbird
1 Rescue Rabbit
2 Effect Veiler
(18)

3 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Infestation Pandemic
1 Book of Moon
1 Dark Hole
1 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Forbidden Dress
(9)

2 Vanity's Emptiness
2 Safe Zone
2 Fiendish Chain
2 Mirror Force
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
1 Solemn Warning
1 Infestation Infection
(13)

3 Evilswarm Ophion
2 Evilswarm Bahamut
1 Evilswarm Thanatos
1 Evilswam Ouroboros
1 Number 66 - Master Key Beetle
1 Gagaga Cowboy
1 Abyss Dweller
1 Photon Papilloperative
1 Diamond Dire Wolf
1 Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
1 Number 50 - Blackship of Corn
1 Wind-Up Zenmaines
(15)

Give that a go, see what you think.

Yu-Gi-Oh

Exo