Yu-Gi-Oh/Immortal Bushi 2014

Question
Hope you enjoyed your holidays, Exo!

Here's what I've got for Bushi now that dragons aren't an issue anymore. No need for the Imperial Iron Walls, right?

Monsters:
12

3 D.D. Warrior Lady
3 D.D. Assailant
2 Armageddon Knight
3 The Immortal Bushi
1 Exiled Force

Spells:
9

1 Book of Moon
3 Pot of Duality
1 Dark Hole
1 Reinforcement of the Army
3 Soul Taker

Traps:
19

3 Skill Drain
2 Mirror Force
2 Dimensional Prison
3 Vanity's Emptiness
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Solemn Warning
1 Torrential Tribute
2 Cloak and Dagger
3 Fiendish Chain

And of course my extra deck includes all the worthwhile Warrior type XYZ monsters. There's a few things I'm not too sure about.

-Vanity's Emptiness

Should I be playing these or just include more removal? I like them to stop the Fire Fist combo.

-D.D. Assailant

These really help me in the Constellar matchup and give extra damage. Once the opponent sees them, he has to return them to the hand each or risk his monster. Warrior Lady already does the same thing, though.

-Cloak and Dagger

Is this better as a side deck card? Should I cut these to play Mystical Space Typhoons? It's very situational but the best decks search and telegraph their plays. It's useless in other cases though.

Is Convulsion of Nature is a dead deck now that Deep Sea Diva is at 1? I hadn't seen the entire new list when I asked about it. Can it be saved? If not, I'll take any tweaks you can make to my above deck. Thanks.

Answer
This looks reasonable so far.

My question on the Cloak and Dagger is what it's specifically there for, because this isn't really a floodgate deck, it removes threats rather than holding them back.
Cloak was actually much better in the Dragon Format, when it could banish an individual Dragon (having been activated in response to that Dragon's activation) to deny the opposition an element.
Nowadays something like Void Trap Hole would likely be better, as it deals with Horse Prince, Lion Emperor and Mermail Abyssmegalo (as well as maybe High Priestess/World of Prophecy, assuming no Wisdom)
Traptrix Trap Hole Nightmare would likely do a similar job.

The Emptinesses I'm half-and-half on, they do a similar job to Cloak and Dagger - they floodgate. The issue is that you're unlikely to be able to keep the gate closed for long since you rely on Spells and Traps to defend yourself.
However, if you can activate it in response to an opponent's Special Summon effect, then the loss of momentum that your opponent suffers may make it worthwhile to take the minus.

D.D. Assailant is perfectly fine, it deals with the Fire Fist matchup nicely too (where the 1700 ATK is much more important)

You're going to have to be careful with those Skill Drains, as they'll negate D.D. Warrior Lady/Assailant.

As a replacement for the cloak and daggers you should consider Forbidden Lance over Space Typhoon, since Lance will protect your Bushi/Monster from exactly what you need it to, rather than whatever your opponent has. That's especially important since most of the cards that would deal with The Immortal Bushi aren't continuous, and as such would need to be hit by a guessed Space Typhoon - quite unlikely...
Notably, Lance can also double as a monster removal spell when required, which cements it over Space Typhoon in my opinion.

You're missing Compulsory Evacuation Device so I'd add that in.

3 D.D. Warrior Lady
3 D.D. Assailant
3 The Immortal Bushi
2 Armageddon Knight
1 Exiled Force
(12)

3 Soul Taker
3 Pot of Duality
2 Forbidden Lance
1 Dark Hole
1 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Book of Moon
(11)

3 Skill Drain
3 Fiendish Chain
2 Dimensional Prison
2 Mirror Force
2 Traptrix Trap Hole Nightmare/Void Trap Hole
1 Vanity's Emptiness
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Solemn Warning
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
(17)

Give the Trap Holes a Test for now, see how they do. You can always revert to something else if required.

Give that a go.

Yu-Gi-Oh

Exo