Yu-Gi-Oh/T.G Tech Genus Deck 2014

QUESTION: Here's another deck that's been revived by the banlist changes. I love this deck because all of my monsters replace themselves AND search out other monsters! Could you look over my T.G deck and see if it's up to standard?

3 Brother of the Fire Fist - Bear
3 T.G. Striker
3 T.G. Warwolf
3 T.G. Rush Rhino
1 Neo-Spacian Grand Mole

1 Mind Control
3 Fire Formation - Tenki
3 Pot of Duality
3 Forbidden Lance
1 Dark Hole
1 Book of Moon

2 Skill Drain
3 Horn of the Phantom Beast
2 Mirror Force
2 Dimensional Prison
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Solemn Warning
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
2 TG1-EM1

Number 30: Acid Golem of Destruction
Gagaga Cowboy
Number 39: Utopia
Photon Papillioperative

T.G. Wonder Magician
T.G. Hyper Librarian
T.G. Power Gladiator
Ally of Justice Catastor
Naturia Beast
Naturia Barkion
Orient Dragon
Black Rose Dragon
Stardust Spark Dragon
Scrap Dragon
Crimson Blader

Here's a few thoughts I had on the card choices:

-Skill Drain

My favorite card in this deck. I've CRUSHED Constellar decks because I drew into it. Mole and Bear are affected by it, but I've usually already gotten Tenki once I have this. I was playing Fiendish Chains before but this is a more permanent solution.

-Thunder King Rai-Oh

At only 1 copy he wasn't good enough to keep around. I replaced him with Brother Bear from your original deck list.

-Horn of the Phantom Beast

Should I add a copy or two of Tensen to join these? They're very effective since I use them in the damage step.

All in all I'm very happy with this deck and the only matchup I've been losing recently is the one against Fire Fist, which was very close. I didn't get into my skill drains, though.

Could you look over my extra deck as well and fix it up? I'm not so sure if the T.G. Synchros are worth playing or not.

Thanks, as always.

ANSWER: If I'm honest I still like the single Thunder King here, but to each his own.

Mind Control I don't think is very efficient here, thi deck should be able to clear monsters without it nowadays, and the most dangerous ones are Xyz monsters anyway...
I'd go up to 3 Skill Drain to counter the effect-monster driven format. That will often guarantee that your opponent targets only them with Space Typhoon.

You might also want to consider Barbaros since you're playing 3 Skill Drain.

I'd also look to see if you have space for the one copy of the Seal of Orichalcos, since that will often put your monsters well out of battle destruction range.
It'll seal off your extra deck, true. But you didn't really need it anyway...

Your Extra deck is OK, but I'd assume you find it quite hard to summon Level 8 Synchro monsters, so I'd look at cutting back on those.
Maybe something like this:

1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 T.G. Wonder Magician
1 Naturia Beast
1 Orient Dragon
1 T.G. Power Gladiator
1 Naturia Barkion
1 Gaia Knight - the Force of Earth
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Gagaga Cowboy
1 Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Tiger King
1 Bujintei Kagutsuchi
1 Abyss Dweller
1 Number 50 - Blackship of Corn
1 Diamond Dire Wolf
1 Wind-Up Zenmaines
1 Number 30 - Acid Golem of Destruction

Give that a go, see what you think.

QUESTION: I tried out your changes and like it quite a lot. In your opinion, what should I shift out of the deck list to make the following changes?

+ 3 Beast King Barbaros
+ 1 Skill Drain
+ 1 The Seal of Orichalcos
+ 1 Thunder King Rai Oh

I've done:

-1 Pot of Duality
-1 Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
-1 Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Bear
-1 Fire Formation - Tenki
-1 TG1 EM1
-1 Mind Control

It's worked fairly well. I'm wondering if those were the best choices.

Secondly, the T.G Agent deck was apparently pretty hot stuff over in Japan, which allegedly lead to the banlist change that got Striker put at 1 in the first place.

What would a modern T.G. Agent deck look like, and does it live up to it's hype? I'm willing to try out any variants on this deck now that none of the cards are limited.

I'd cut a Striker over the Duality, as you're still a little monster heavy there.

T.G. Agents doesn't really have much room for massive innovation, too many of its card slots are taken up by its base theme, so it's probably not that different:

3 Master Hyperion
1 Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
2 Chaos Sorcerer
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
2 Tragoedia
2 T.G.Warwolf
2 T.G. Striker
3 The Agent of Creation - Venus
3 The Agent of Mystery - Earth
3 Mystical Shine Ball
1 Honest
3 Tour Guide from the Underworld
3 Maxx "C"
2 Effect Veiler

3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Dark Hole
1 Book of Moon
1 Forbidden Lance
1 Enemy Controller
1 Mind Control

1 Treacherous Trap Hole

I'd give something like that a go, see what you think.

I'm able to answer any and all questions related to the English Yu-Gi-Oh! game itself. This includes, but isn't limited to:

Deck Fixes: Either making suggestions and improvements on a deck you've already built, or building a deck from scratch for you. In either case, please give an idea of the kind of deck you're building, the level of play you're planning to use it in (small tournaments, regionals etc), and the kind of budget you're on.
Please format decks in a way that's easy to read. Each card name should be on its own line, with a number before it indicating how many you're playing. Please split decks into Monsters, Spells and Traps.

NOTE: A level of reasonability is assumed with this. I cannot build you a nationals winning deck based on monsters whose name starts with the Letter 'A' on a budget of 4($6)... Nor will I generally respond well to Questions touting "No Xyz, Synchro... etc" or disallowing cards from certain parts of the show. I haven't seen the show in a number of years and find these conditions to usually be poorly-defined.

Rulings: On any card interacting with any other card(s). Tell me the scenario, and I'll tell you what happens.

I won't be answering questions on whether a trade is fair or not, or on how much X-card is worth, as both these kinds of question can be answered by using Ebay's completed listings page.

Level 2 Judge Qualification,
Level 1 Player Management Qualification,
Konami Rules Certification 1,
Regularly Head Judges Local Events,
Tournament Wins/Top 8 placements too numerous to detail here

BSc (Hons) Degree in Mathematics