Yu-Gi-Oh/Destiny Hero Deck

QUESTION: Hi Exo, I have a friend who is trying to get back in the game, he's from before Xyz and Synchros and he's determined to make a Destiny Hero deck. I was wondering if you could help me with a deck list so I can help him get the cards he needs to make his deck and keep his theme. He wants to have only Destiny Heroes monsters in his deck, so I guess no tuners and no synchros, but I think he's open to have Xyz. Anyway, his budget would be around 30 or 50 dollars for the deck in advance format and it's really only to play with a couple of friends, no tournaments or something like that. I really hope you can help me out with this. Thanks in advance.

ANSWER: Wait, only Destiny Heroes? You're aware that there are only like 3 good ones, right? And there definitely aren't any D-Hero Synchro or Xyz monsters, though there is a fusion...
This is not going to be good, but this is the best you're likely to get:

3 Destiny Hero Plasma
3 Destiny Hero Malicious
3 Destiny Hero Dogma
3 Destiny Hero Diamond Dude
1 Destiny Hero Doom Lord

3 Scapegoat
3 Forbidden Lance
3 Reinforcement of the Army
3 Upstart Goblin
3 Destiny Draw
2 Trade-In
2 Polymerisation
1 Allure of Darkness

2 Breakthrough Skill
2 Dimensional Prison
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Solemn Warning
1 Bottomless Trap Hole

You'll also need some copies of Destiny End Dragoon for the Extra Deck.
Give that a go, see what you think.

QUESTION: Mmm, didn't know it would be that hard. Then, could you give me a build that would keep the D-Hero theme but make it fun to play? Forget the "only D-Hero monsters" thing. I don't know, based it around either Dogma/Plasma/Dreadmaster, one of the big D-Heroes, or the fusion. Just something that keeps the theme but it can still win some games. Forget the synchro/xyz restriction, but if you can try to keep the synchros to the minimun, maybe more xyz than synchros. Thanks for the help!

Much easier. Basing around Plasma and Malicious gives you access to a decent deck:

1 Dark Armed Dragon
1 Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
1 Caius the Shadow Monarch
3 Destiny Hero Plasma
3 Destiny Hero Malicious
3 Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
3 Cardcar D
1 Thunder King Rai-Oh
1 Destiny Hero Diamond Dude

3 Scapegoat
3 Upstart Goblin
3 Destiny Draw
2 Forbidden Lance
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Book of Moon
1 Soul Charge

2 Trap Stun
2 Breakthrough Skill
2 Dimensional Prison
1 Solemn warning
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device

Your Extra deck should contain Rank 4 and Rank 6 Xyz Monsters, though you're not likely to need to summon that many of them.

The best version of this deck is the Plant Synchro variant, which is the same deck with these modifications:

-3 Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
-3 Cardcar D
-2 Dimensional Prison
-1 Book of Moon

+2 Lonefire Blossom
+1 Spore
+1 Dandylion
+1 Glow-Up Bulb
+1 Effect Veiler
+1 Foolish Burial
+1 One for One
+1 Call of the Haunted

It's much more focused on Synchro monsters and the combos that you can perform with Lonefire Blossom and a revival card to go into Multiple Synchro monsters.

I'd go with the trop build first, but the plant one is there if you feel you want to experiment with it. I can provide an Extra deck if you need it.

Give it a go.

I'm able to answer any and all questions related to the English Yu-Gi-Oh! game itself. This includes, but isn't limited to:

Deck Fixes: Either making suggestions and improvements on a deck you've already built, or building a deck from scratch for you. In either case, please give an idea of the kind of deck you're building, the level of play you're planning to use it in (small tournaments, regionals etc), and the kind of budget you're on.
Please format decks in a way that's easy to read. Each card name should be on its own line, with a number before it indicating how many you're playing. Please split decks into Monsters, Spells and Traps.

NOTE: A level of reasonability is assumed with this. I cannot build you a nationals winning deck based on monsters whose name starts with the Letter 'A' on a budget of 4($6)... Nor will I generally respond well to Questions touting "No Xyz, Synchro... etc" or disallowing cards from certain parts of the show. I haven't seen the show in a number of years and find these conditions to usually be poorly-defined.

Rulings: On any card interacting with any other card(s). Tell me the scenario, and I'll tell you what happens.

I won't be answering questions on whether a trade is fair or not, or on how much X-card is worth, as both these kinds of question can be answered by using Ebay's completed listings page.

Level 2 Judge Qualification,
Level 1 Player Management Qualification,
Konami Rules Certification 1,
Regularly Head Judges Local Events,
Tournament Wins/Top 8 placements too numerous to detail here

BSc (Hons) Degree in Mathematics