Yu-Gi-Oh/mermail

Question
i am trying to build a mermail deck but am unsure how to make it work please build me a competitive build and explain if able the right way to play it

Answer
You're in luck, there were 2 undefeated Mermail decks at the Las Vegas Regional a week or so ago.
They looked something like this:

3 Mermail Abyssmegalo
3 Mermail Abyssteus
3 Mermail Abysspike
3 Mermail Abysslinde
3 Genex Undine
2 Genex Controller
2 Atlantean Heavy Infantry
2 Atlantean Marksman
1 Mermail Abyssgunde
1 Atlantean Dragoons
1 Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls
1 Aqua Spirit
(25)

3 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Salvage
1 Soul Charge
(6)

3 Abyss-Sphere
2 Phoenix Wing Wind Blast
2 Vanity's Emptiness
1 Solemn Warning
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
(9)

2 Mermail Abyssgaios
1 Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack
1 Number 11 - Big Eye
1 Bahamut Shark
1 Castel the Skyblaster Musketeer
1 Lavalval Chain
2 Abyss Dweller
1 Mermail Abysstrite
1 Leviair the Sea Dragon
1 Ghostrick Alucard
1 Leo, the Keeper of the Sacred Tree
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
(15)

You main game plan here centres around Mermail Abysslinde and Genex Undine - these monsters allow you to access any other monster in your deck. Undine can send Dragoons and Tidal to the Graveyard to access their powerful abilities, while Abysslinde summons Abysspike and Abyssmegalo From the deck.

You're primarily trying to wear away your opponent's resources using your Mermail effects to discard Atlanteans. Once that's done you can start making fields of multiple Xyz monsters using Tidal and your Level 7 Mermail monsters (Fields like Mermail Abyssgaios and Abyss Dweller are incredibly effective against the Graveyard-heavy meta)

At the same time your trap line helps keep things you can't handle with your monsters at bay (often discarding excess Genex Controllers searched by Undine for Phoenix Wing Wind Blast), and your spells remove opposing Spells/Traps and recycle your Atlanteans to make sure that Mermail Abyssmegalo is never dead in your hand.

You'll get a better idea of how if works by playing it, so I suggest you give that a go, see what you think.  

Yu-Gi-Oh

Exo