Yu-Gi-Oh/Vennominaga and Mound Of The Bound Creator

Question
Hi Exo I was wondering if I already have the field spell Mound Of The Bound Creator active and I also have Vennominaga out, and Vennominaga destroys a defense position monster during my battle phase will Vennominaga gain a hyper venom counter due to Mound Of The Bound Creator's effect since it states that if a level 10 or higher monster destroys another monster by battle and sends it to the grave it deals 1000 damage to my opponents life points or does it strictly have to be by Vennominaga's own effect?

Answer
Hi Leslie,

We can look at Venominaga's Text to tell us this:

"When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent: Place 1 Hyper-Venom Counter on it. When 3 Hyper-Venom Counters are on this card, you win the Duel."

The this card part of this text tells us that Venominaga itself must inflict the damage, not any other card (like Mound of the Bound Creator).
So Venominaga can only gain counters through Battle Damage that it inflicted.

Hope that helps.

Yu-Gi-Oh

Exo