Yu-Gi-Oh/XYZ Avenger Returns

Question
Hey Exo, we are a month and a half into the format, and I was thinking if you wouldn't mind refurbishing (or rebuilding) my XYZ Avenger deck we worked on earlier this year? I want to try and make it a little more competitive than it currently is. As well as exploit Avenger's effects as much as possible because I love the idea on disrupting my opponents Extra Deck before they even get to use it. Plus I think it would disrupt pendulum plays as well if the opponent has a few Pendulum Monsters in their Extra Deck. Anyways, how can we turn the XYZ Avenger Deck into more of a contender against most decks this format? With a complete side deck as well? Here's basically the same list as before.

Spirit of Avenger 40
Monsters 17
3 Aratama
3 Nikitama
1 Asura Priest
2 Xyz Avenger
3 Kagetokage
2 Tragoedia
1 Gorz, the Emissary of Darkness
1 Dark Armed Dragon
1 Black Luster Dragon-Envoy of the Beginning

Spells 15
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Mind Control
2 Creeping Darkness
2 Rank-Up Magic Limited Barian's Force
3 Creature Swap
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
3 Pot of Duality

Traps 8
1 Black Horn of Heaven
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
1 Solemn Warning
1 Torrential Tribute
3 Fiendish Chain

Extra Deck 15
11 Rank 4's (2 of them being Number 101 & 106)
1 Number C101: Silent Honor DARK
1 Number C106: Giant Red Hand
1 Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack
1 Number 99: Utopic Dragon

Well there you have it Exo. It's pretty much the same list you gave me when we last worked on the Xyz Avenger deck. In other words I barely touched the deck list since then. Other than that what can we do to it to make it more competitive than it already is with a complete side deck to boot? At least some side deck suggestions and i can figure out the ratios later. Plus if the Extra Deck needs more high rank Xyz's for Avenger's 3rd effect, what else could we use? Budget wise this is only for online play (DN, DevPro ect.) Aside from that, I hope you can help and I await your response.

Answer
I don't think this is going to work.  The fact that your opponent gets to choose which monsters to send for the 3rd Effect makes it near useless nowadays.
Extra decks for the top tier decks just have so many things they don't need in them.

Let's say you're playing against Shaddoll. Even If you Creature Swap me Utopic Dragon and run Avenger into it, I'll just send every card in my Extra deck that's not a Shaddoll to the Graveyard and be able to play just fine.

Burning Abyss can do the same with Non-Virgil/Dante/Alucard creatures, and Qliphort just sends literally anything that's not face-up.

The fact that the meta has gravitated away from the Extra deck (an effect of Shaddoll's power level) has caused a drastic reduction in the importance of Extra deck cards that makes Xyz Avenger almost unplayable.

I'd wait until Shaddoll falls out of play to try this again.

If you want to back-break people's Extra decks nowadays then I suggest you try Zaborg the Mega Monarch, something like this:

3 Zaborg the Mega Monarch
3 Majesty's Fiend
2 Vanity's Fiend
3 Artifact Moraltach
2 Battle Fader
(13)

3 The Monarchs' Stormforth
3 Soul Exchange
3 Photon Sanctuary
3 Forbidden Lance
2 Miracle Synchro Fusion
3 Upstart Goblin
(17)

3 Artifact Sanctum
2 Vanity's Emptiness
2 Breakthrough Skill
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
1 Solemn Warning
(10)

Extra Deck:
2 Naturia Barkion
2 Naturia Beast
2 Naturia Exterio
1 Naturia Gaiastraleo
2 Arcanite Magician
1 Supreme Arcanite Magician
2 Thought Ruler Archfiend
1 Ultimate Axon Kicker
1 Constellar Pleiades
1 Number 61 - Volcasarus

The Goal is simple: Photon Sanctuary to Tribute for Zaborg. Then Destroy your own Zaborg.
Once that's done you can cripple the opposing Extra deck (choosing the monsters since you tributed LIGHT monsters)
You'll send All the Synchros in your Extra deck to the Graveyard, which will allow you to play Miracle Synchro Fusion into Naturia Exterio/Ultimate Axon/Supreme Arcanite next turn.

If you don't get there? Tribute for Majesty's and Vanity's Fiend instead. Those guys are quite good, and difficult to remove when backed by 3 Forbidden Lance.
Moraltach holds down the fort via sanctum and is also a LIGHT monster to Tribute for Zaborg.

I won't call it competitive, but it might be worth a laugh.

Yu-Gi-Oh

Exo