Yu-Gi-Oh/Mermail Deck Fix

Hi Exo,

I was hoping you could help me with my Mermail deck by offering any suggestions on improving it, especially since the new tcg ban list has been released.

3 Mermail Abyssteus
3 Mermail Abysspike
3 Mermail Abysslinde
3 Atlantean Marksman
3 Atlantean Heavy Infantry
2 Mermail Abyssmegalo
2 Mermail Abyssturge
2 Genex Undine
2 Genex Controller
1 Mermail Abyssleed
1 Mermail Abyssgunde
1 Mermail Abyssocea
1 Atlantean Dragoons
1 Deep Sea Diva
1 Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls

2 Creature Swap

3 Abyss-Sphere
2 Mirror Force
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Torrential Tribute

2 Mermail Abyssgaios
1 Draccosack
1 Big Eye
1 Bahamut Shark
1 Lavalval Chain
1 Abyss Dweller
1 Leviair
1 Mermail Abysstrite
1 Wind-Up Zenmaines
1 Armored Kappa
1 Leo, Keeper of the Sacred Tree
1 Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier
1 Ally of Justice Catastor

Since we once again have 3 Mermaid Abyssgunde, I suspect that this deck will move back towards Gunde Control - and will shift away from Genex Controller and Genex Undine (Which Contribute a lot to dead hands, especially now that you only open with 5 cards.

I think my current Mermail build would look like this:

3 Mermail Abyssteus
3 Mermail Abyssgunde
3 Mermail Abysslinde
3 Mermail Abysspike
3 Atlantean Heavy Infantry
2 Atlantean Marksman
1 Atlantean Dragoons
1 Mermail Abyssocea
1 Mermail Abyssturge
1 Mermail Abyssleed
1 Mermail Abyssmegalo
1 Moulinglacia, the Elemental Lord
1 Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls
1 Aqua Spirit

3 Upstart Goblin
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Raigeki
1 Snatch Steal

3 Abyss-Sphere
2 Breakthrough Skill
1 Solemn Warning
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device

While I love Mirror Force to pieces, it's best in the Side Deck. That means that when your opponent Sides-in all their copies of Vanity's Fiend and Majesty's Fiend, they run spectacularly into Mirror Force and explode (a tactic that Shaddoll has been exploiting nicely recently).
I see no reason to play Creature Swap when Snatch /Steal and Raigeki are available, it's easy enough to trigger Linde anyway, and the whole "You Cannot activate spells" clause on Abyss-Sphere tends to mess with Creature Swap too much.

You may want to keep a ingle copy of Undine and Controller in place of Moulinglacia and Aqua Spirit. I rather like Spirit for the Bahamut Shark combos with Ocea, but I'll give you that Moulinglacia isn't fantastically effective as a discard Spell right now - it's more there to be a 2800 ATK body.

My Extra Deck would look like this:

2 Mermail Abyssgaios
1 Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack
1 Number 11 - Big Eye
1 Bahamut Shark
1 Castel the Skyblaster Musketeer
1 Evilswarm Exciton Knight
1 Lavalval Chain
2 Abyss Dweller
1 Mermail Abysstrite
1 Tri-Edge Levia
1 Ghostrick Alucard
1 Mechquipped Angineer
1 Leviair the Sea Dragon

Probably minus Leviair and the Second Dweller for Leo and Black Rose if you chose to play Undine.

Give that a go, see what you think.

I'm able to answer any and all questions related to the English Yu-Gi-Oh! game itself. This includes, but isn't limited to:

Deck Fixes: Either making suggestions and improvements on a deck you've already built, or building a deck from scratch for you. In either case, please give an idea of the kind of deck you're building, the level of play you're planning to use it in (small tournaments, regionals etc), and the kind of budget you're on.
Please format decks in a way that's easy to read. Each card name should be on its own line, with a number before it indicating how many you're playing. Please split decks into Monsters, Spells and Traps.

NOTE: A level of reasonability is assumed with this. I cannot build you a nationals winning deck based on monsters whose name starts with the Letter 'A' on a budget of 4($6)... Nor will I generally respond well to Questions touting "No Xyz, Synchro... etc" or disallowing cards from certain parts of the show. I haven't seen the show in a number of years and find these conditions to usually be poorly-defined.

Rulings: On any card interacting with any other card(s). Tell me the scenario, and I'll tell you what happens.

I won't be answering questions on whether a trade is fair or not, or on how much X-card is worth, as both these kinds of question can be answered by using Ebay's completed listings page.

Level 2 Judge Qualification,
Level 1 Player Management Qualification,
Konami Rules Certification 1,
Regularly Head Judges Local Events,
Tournament Wins/Top 8 placements too numerous to detail here

BSc (Hons) Degree in Mathematics