Yu-Gi-Oh/Deck Build

Hi Exo,

My friend gave me some Gladiato Beast cards and I would like to build a deck around them.  I have never run Gladiator Beasts and have only faced them once so I don't know a lot about running them, but I have taken an interest in them.  Can you please help me with building a Gladiator Beast deck?

Thanks for your help,

Gladiator Beast Revolves around using a combination of Bestiari, Murmillo, Laquari and Gyzarus (and the tag-out mechanic to unite them) to control the field and destroy your opponent's cards.
Gladiator Beast War Chariot combines with Equeste to lock out monster effects, and can also combine with Heraklinos to close out the game.

Your ideal opening hand here is 1-2 monsters and 4-5 Spells/Traps to defend them with.
A Gladiator Beast deck nowadays would probably look like this:

3 Gladiator Beast Laquari
2 Gladiator Beast Darius
2 Gladiator Beast Equeste
1 Gladiator Beast Bestiari
1 Gladiator Beast Murmillo
1 Gladiator Beast Retiari
1 Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Bear
1 Thunder King Rai-Oh

3 Gladiator Proving Ground
3 Forbidden Lance
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Fire Formation - Tenki
1 Book of Moon

3 Fiendish Chain
3 Gladiator Beast War Chariot
2 Mirror Force
2 Waboku
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Solemn Warning
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Trap Stun
1 Black Horn of Heaven

Extra Deck:
2 Gladiator Beast Gyzarus
1 Gladiator Beast Essedarii
1 Gladiator Beast Heraklinos
1 Number 101 - Silent Honor ARK
1 Evilswarm Exciton Knight
1 Steelswarm Roach
1 Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
1 Abyss Dweller
1 Gagaga Cowboy
1 Diamond Dire Wolf
1 Number 50 - Blackship of Corn
1 Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Tiger King
1 Bujintei Kagutsuchi
1 Photon Papilloperative

Something similar to this made the Top 8 cut at a Regional in Parma, Italy earlier this format.

Give that a go, see what you think

I'm able to answer any and all questions related to the English Yu-Gi-Oh! game itself. This includes, but isn't limited to:

Deck Fixes: Either making suggestions and improvements on a deck you've already built, or building a deck from scratch for you. In either case, please give an idea of the kind of deck you're building, the level of play you're planning to use it in (small tournaments, regionals etc), and the kind of budget you're on.
Please format decks in a way that's easy to read. Each card name should be on its own line, with a number before it indicating how many you're playing. Please split decks into Monsters, Spells and Traps.

NOTE: A level of reasonability is assumed with this. I cannot build you a nationals winning deck based on monsters whose name starts with the Letter 'A' on a budget of 4($6)... Nor will I generally respond well to Questions touting "No Xyz, Synchro... etc" or disallowing cards from certain parts of the show. I haven't seen the show in a number of years and find these conditions to usually be poorly-defined.

Rulings: On any card interacting with any other card(s). Tell me the scenario, and I'll tell you what happens.

I won't be answering questions on whether a trade is fair or not, or on how much X-card is worth, as both these kinds of question can be answered by using Ebay's completed listings page.

Level 2 Judge Qualification,
Level 1 Player Management Qualification,
Konami Rules Certification 1,
Regularly Head Judges Local Events,
Tournament Wins/Top 8 placements too numerous to detail here

BSc (Hons) Degree in Mathematics