Yu-Gi-Oh/An interesting deck idea

Hey Exo, I play advanced format but prefer cards a little older. I try to avoid using xyz monsters but I do use synchros. I want to build a deck that is a mix of beatdown and burn. I love the burn idea but I can't stand running a stall deck. Any ideas?

I think something Fire Based would be good here then.

We can use Volcanic Counter and Spiritual Fire Art - Kurenai to get the damage in (Blaster is the best card to tribute for it, since you'll just get it back anyway.
We'll back that up with a Volcanic Engine to continuously drop Volcanic Shells to the Graveyard for Blaster Food.
I know you're not a fan of Xyz monsters, but Summoner Monk -> Volcanic Rocket will allow you to make Lavalval Chain to send Blaster to the Graveyard (and Volcanic Counter too if it survives the turn). Chain's also a FIRE monster, so it fits right in.

Flamvells will finish the deck up, since they give Summoner Monk versatility, while providing a massive finisher in Rekindling.
I'd go something like this:

1 Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos
3 Volcanic Rocket
3 Flamvell Firedog
3 Volcanic Shell
2 Summoner Monk
2 Volcanic Counter
2 Flamvell Magician
2 Card Trooper

3 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Pot of Duality
2 Forbidden Lance
1 Book of Moon
1 Blaze Accelerator
2 Rekindling
1 Foolish Burial

3 Spiritual Fire Art - Kurenai
2 Mirror Force
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Solemn Warning
1 Breakthrough Skill
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device

Extra Deck: (This is Ideal, but you can remove anything you don't want
2 Lavalval Chain
1 Number 101 - Silent Honor ARK
1 Abyss Dweller
1 Gagaga Cowboy
1 Diamond Dire Wolf
1 Number 50 - Blackship of Corn
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Scrap Dragon
2 Crimson Blader
1 Thought Ruler Archfiend
1 Colossal Fighter
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Star Eater

Give that a try, see what you think.

I'm able to answer any and all questions related to the English Yu-Gi-Oh! game itself. This includes, but isn't limited to:

Deck Fixes: Either making suggestions and improvements on a deck you've already built, or building a deck from scratch for you. In either case, please give an idea of the kind of deck you're building, the level of play you're planning to use it in (small tournaments, regionals etc), and the kind of budget you're on.
Please format decks in a way that's easy to read. Each card name should be on its own line, with a number before it indicating how many you're playing. Please split decks into Monsters, Spells and Traps.

NOTE: A level of reasonability is assumed with this. I cannot build you a nationals winning deck based on monsters whose name starts with the Letter 'A' on a budget of 4($6)... Nor will I generally respond well to Questions touting "No Xyz, Synchro... etc" or disallowing cards from certain parts of the show. I haven't seen the show in a number of years and find these conditions to usually be poorly-defined.

Rulings: On any card interacting with any other card(s). Tell me the scenario, and I'll tell you what happens.

I won't be answering questions on whether a trade is fair or not, or on how much X-card is worth, as both these kinds of question can be answered by using Ebay's completed listings page.

Level 2 Judge Qualification,
Level 1 Player Management Qualification,
Konami Rules Certification 1,
Regularly Head Judges Local Events,
Tournament Wins/Top 8 placements too numerous to detail here

BSc (Hons) Degree in Mathematics