Yu-Gi-Oh/Field spells

Question
Hey Exo, I'd like to thank you in advance for answering a probably really noobish question.

I am working on a Wanghu Anti-meta deck, and I had thought about using The Seal of Orichalcos. How would a field spell and the effect of King Tiger Wanghu interact? Would a monster, say Psi-Blocker, get the boost BEFORE Wanghu's effect, or would it be destroyed?

Answer
No problem Zack, though this isn't really a "noobish" question - it's something that a lot of people get wrong.

It all comes down to the fact that the attack boost from "The Seal of Orichalcos" is a continuous boost, it doesn't activate.
That means it's in effect from the moment the monster touches the field. The most is effectively summoned with that ATK.

In the case of Psi-Blocker, King Tiger Wanghu would "see" a 1700 ATK monster enter play. He doesn't destroy monsters with that much ATK, so Psi-Blocker is allowed to remain on the field.

If an activated effect causes the attack gain, then the situation can often turn out differently.
Fortunately, most field spells that boost ATK do so continuously, so you should be fine.

Hope that helps.

Yu-Gi-Oh

Exo