Yu-Gi-Oh/lightray lightsworns

Question
hi i was wanting to build a lightsworn deck that uses eclipse wyvern and lightray diabolos so i thought id go to an expert to see what can be done so, can ya do it just a lightsworn deck with lightrays added in , thanks

Answer
As I'm sure you're aware, getting Eclipse Wyvern to the Graveyard is the easy bit here, Banishing it may be trickier since Lightsworn Monsters aren't really inclined that way.

We'll start with the Basics, choosing our Lightsworn:

3 Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
3 Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
2 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
1 Garoth, Lightsworn Warrior
1 Ehren, Lightsworn Monk
1 Wulf, Lightsworn Beast
1 Jain, Lightsworn Paladin
(12)

We have seven names here, which should be more than enough to support. Judgment Dragon. You can add in a copy of Celestia if you want, but I find it's not so hot without more Wulf (Which would clog with the copies of Eclipse Wyvern that We'll be playing.)

Next We'll have our LIGHT Dragon Engine:
3 Judgement Dragon
2 Lightray Diabolos
2 Eclipse Wyvern
(7)

As I said above, we'll need a way to Banish Eclipse Wyvern in order for this to work. Lightray Diabolos can technically do this himself, but since we'll often use Wyvrn to search Diabolos that's not really consistent enough.
You can do this with Dragon Rulers or Chaos Monsters and head down completely separate routes here. I'm not sure That Dragon Rulers and Lightray Diabolos will interact very well since they both have pretty hefty Grave Maintenance Requirements (Even though Diabolos happens to be a Level 7 Dragon..).
Chaos Monsters are the best way in my opinion. They require some DARK monsters though, so we'll go with this:

1 Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
2 Chaos Sorcerer
2 Tragoedia
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
3 Tour Guide from the Underworld
(9)

There shouldn't be a need for another Tour Guide target since you'll probably mill at least one anyway.

After that, a single copy of Honest is obvious, which gives you 29 monsters.

On to Spells and Traps.
I'd say these are obvious:

3 Solar Recharge
1 Charge of the Light Brigade
2 Beckoning Light
(6)

Beckoning Light will be pretty huge here since you'll find it quite easy to retrieve Judgement Dragons, Diabolos' and Luster Soldier in any combination of 3 to end your opponent on the spot.

That gives us 5 spaces left over.

I'd probably go like this:
3 Forbidden Lance
1 Dark Hole
1 Torrential Tribute

Lance being strictly better here than Space Typhoon since it makes Resolving Judgment Dragon infinitely easier against a board of multiple Spells/Traps.

That gives you something like this:

3 Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
3 Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
2 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
1 Garoth, Lightsworn Warrior
1 Ehren, Lightsworn Monk
1 Wulf, Lightsworn Beast
1 Jain, Lightsworn Paladin
3 Judgement Dragon
2 Lightray Diabolos
2 Eclipse Wyvern
2 Chaos Sorcerer
2 Tragoedia
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
3 Tour Guide from the Underworld
1 Honest
(29)

3 Solar Recharge
1 Charge of the Light Brigade
3 Forbidden Lance
1 Dark Hole
(8)

2 Beckoning Light
1 Torrential Tribute
(3)

Your Extra deck is largely irrevlevant here, but I'd suggest at least one copy of Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand in case you're stopped and need to prevent yourself decking out.
Leviair the Sea Dragon, Number 20 - Giga Brilliant and Zenmaines are helpful for Rank 3 (Which you'll access via Tour Guide), while Number 101 and Exciton Knight are the go-to Rank 4 monsters.
Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack and Big Eye can round out the Lineup with a few Rank 7 monsters.

I'd give that a go, see what you think.

Yu-Gi-Oh

Exo