Yu-Gi-Oh/It's Time to Metalmorph

Hey Exo, I'm having a little trouble figuring out a certain card's effect where I'm wondering when the effect will activate. Here's the card I'm talking about:

"Target 1 face-up monster on the field; equip this card to that target. It gains 300 ATK and DEF. If it attacks, it gains ATK equal to half the ATK of the attack target, during damage calculation only."

Alright Exo, here's my scenario involving this card's effect during the damage step. My opponent has a face-up monster in attack position (ex. Bujin Yamato or any other Light monster) and passes turn. A turn earlier before my opponent's, I set a couple backrow including Metalmorph. So I start my turn by summoning any Monster (ex. Cyber Dragon) and I activate Metalmorph and target my monster thus gaining the 300 ATK/DEF boost. Next, I enter the BP and attack with my Morphed monster. Now we enter the damage step and my opponent activates an Honest, with the addition of Metalmorph's second effect activating as well to manipulate my monster's ATK.

Alright so here's my question Exo, I'm wondering if metalmorph's effect starts a chain and if so witch effect is the last to go off? Hence the scenario involving both Metalmorph and my opponent's Honest. Depending on which way Metalmorph activates, could you explain the reasoning for the end result? Hope you understand what I'm asking on that last sentence. Anyway, that's what I need help with and I hope your able to clear up the fog surrounding this ruling with Metalmorph. I await your response. Thanks in advance.

A quick look over the card text shows us what we need to know here:

The first part of Metalmorph's effect deals with its activation and targeting:
"Target 1 face-up monster on the field; equip this card to that target."

The semi-colon here tells us that the targeting happens at activation.

Next comes Metalmorph's first effect:
"It gains 300 ATK and DEF."

This is a continuous effect, as can be seen from the fact that there's no semi-colon here.

Now we move to the second effect:
"If it attacks, it gains ATK equal to half the ATK of the attack target, during damage calculation only."

Notice how there's again no Semi-colon here. A Colon/Semi-colon pair is used to tell you when you can activate an activated effect, and what its targets and costs are, like this:

[Activation Conditions]:[Costs and targets];[Effect]

You can see it most clearly in Trap Hole's text:
[When your opponent Normal or Flip Summons 1 monster with 1000 or more ATK]: [Target that monster]; [destroy that target].

The lack of a Semi-colon in Metalmorph's second effect tells us that this effect is a continuous effect.
This means it's going to interact favourably with Honest.

This is because it means that Metalmorph waits until Honest has completely resolved before its effect is applied.
It happens something like this:

You: Attack Bujin Yamato with Cyber Dragon
Opponent: No attack response, can we move to damage step?
You: Yes, that's fine.
Opponent: Proceed to Damage Calculation?
You: OK.
Opponent: I'll activate Honest
You: OK, your monster gains 2400 ATK. (Becomes 4200)
Opponent: OK
You: Metalmorph's effect is applied. My monster gains 2100ATK (Half of 4200)

Result: Cyber Dragon has 4500ATK, Bujin Yamato is now 4200, so Cyber Dragon wins the battle.
If your opponent instead had Bujingi Crane, then both monsters would be destroyed.

Hope that helps, feel free to come back with a follow-up question if you have further queries.

I'm able to answer any and all questions related to the English Yu-Gi-Oh! game itself. This includes, but isn't limited to:

Deck Fixes: Either making suggestions and improvements on a deck you've already built, or building a deck from scratch for you. In either case, please give an idea of the kind of deck you're building, the level of play you're planning to use it in (small tournaments, regionals etc), and the kind of budget you're on.
Please format decks in a way that's easy to read. Each card name should be on its own line, with a number before it indicating how many you're playing. Please split decks into Monsters, Spells and Traps.

NOTE: A level of reasonability is assumed with this. I cannot build you a nationals winning deck based on monsters whose name starts with the Letter 'A' on a budget of 4($6)... Nor will I generally respond well to Questions touting "No Xyz, Synchro... etc" or disallowing cards from certain parts of the show. I haven't seen the show in a number of years and find these conditions to usually be poorly-defined.

Rulings: On any card interacting with any other card(s). Tell me the scenario, and I'll tell you what happens.

I won't be answering questions on whether a trade is fair or not, or on how much X-card is worth, as both these kinds of question can be answered by using Ebay's completed listings page.

Level 2 Judge Qualification,
Level 1 Player Management Qualification,
Konami Rules Certification 1,
Regularly Head Judges Local Events,
Tournament Wins/Top 8 placements too numerous to detail here

BSc (Hons) Degree in Mathematics