Yu-Gi-Oh/Absurdly Bad E-Heroes

Question
Hi Exo,
I have a little brother who's celebrating a birthday soon, and I want to give him a better Yugioh deck (at least, better than the jumbled mess of cards that he has now). I know he likes Jaden Yuki/Elemental Heroes; but as far as I know, he's only interested in what I call the vanilla-core heroes (Avian, Burstinatrix, Bubbleman, Sparkman, Clayman, Wildheart, Bladedge....) - I'm not sure if there's an official term for them, but my understanding is that they're among the first few EHs to be played (unlike "laters" like the NeoSpacians or the Elemental ones [ab-zero, Nova Master, Escuaradio]). Anyway, my request is for a deck build that focuses solely on making the Fusions combining the basic Heroes (such as Phoenix Enforcer, Wildedge....whatever you feel is best). Please, no "Elemental" Elemental Heroes or NeoSpacians (which means...no Neos Alius). I know this deck is going to be impossible to make competitive (especially with only....three copies of Polymerization; unless you use Fusion Gate); but I hope you can make something semi-decent work! Advanced Format, and a pretty tight budget - nothing super expensive (I don't want to spend over $5 a card; and Im expecting a lot less if I'm using common Heroes).

Thanks!

Answer
Polymerisation's just really poor full stop...
This is technically possible, but it'll take a bit of a change to the way you play it...
Most of the money you spend here will be on acquiring an Extra deck to go with it. E-Hero Fusions still aren't that cheap since they're iconic, and you'll also need things Like Blade Armor Ninja, Heroic Champion Excalibur and the like as a Rank 4 engine.

Bubbleman becomes absolutely Key since you'll be using him to make Xyz monsters, which will make up your primary Strike force.
That means your main monster line can be much slimmer, reducing your chances of seeing a Basic Hero...
Fusion Gate will be in there for when you just draw terrible E-Heroes and need to use them, but I'd make use of Xyz monsters first.

I'm assuming for the purposes of this question that you want to play ALL 4 base Heroes, whereas it's actually much better to just take Sparkman and Clayman and ignore the other 2.

Do I get Prisma? Because this is much easier if I do...
I'll show you a few possible builds. This first on doesn't play Prisma

3 Elemental Hero Bubbleman
3 Elemental Hero Wildheart
3 Elemental Hero Sparkman
3 Elemental Hero Clayman
1 Elemental Hero Avian
1 Elemental Hero Burstinatrix
(14)

3 E - Emergency Call
3 Pot of Duality
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
3 Miracle Fusion
2 Fusion Gate
1 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Book of Moon
1 Dark Hole
1 The Warrior Returning Alive
(18)

2 Dimensional Prison
2 Mirror Force
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
1 Solemn Warning
(8)

Here Bubbleman's Special summon lets you Xyz summon, while Fusion Gate allows you to get rid of Excess Vanilla Heroes in hand so that Bubbleman can do his thing.
Duality and Emergency Call provide consistency, while Miracle Fusion is your endgame.
This is not likely to be ridiculously effective, but if you follow it through to its logical conclusion you get this:

3 Elemental Hero Clayman
3 Elemental Hero Sparkman
3 Elemental Hero Bubbleman
3 Kagetokage
1 Rescue Rabbit
(13)

3 E - Emergency Call
3 Miracle Fusion
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Dark Calling
2 Forbidden Lance
1 Book of Moon
1 Dark Hole
1 Reinforcement of the Army
(16)

3 Fiendish Chain
2 Dimensional Prison
2 Mirror Force
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Solemn Warning
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
(11)

Which focuses on Rank 4 and just ignores the Fusion Gate side altogether, preferring Miracle Fusion for Thunder Giant/The Shining and Dark Calling for Evil Hero Lightning Golem. (I'm aware that neither of these are allowed, but this is more an End goal for the first build than something you'll put together right now.)

If I'm allowed Prisma then things get more interesting, we can play something like this:

2 Elemental Hero Bladedge
2 Elemental Hero Necroshade
3 Elemental Hero Prisma
3 Elemental Hero Wildheart
2 Elemental Hero Sparkman
3 King of the Swamp
(15)

3 E - Emergency Call
3 Miracle Fusion
2 Polymerisation
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Reinforcement of the Army
2 The Warrior Returning Alive
1 Dark Hole
1 Book of Moon
(15)

3 Reckless Greed
2 Dimensional Prison
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Solemn Warning
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
(9)

Which is far more combo oriented (Hence Reckless Greed). Here we're focusing on Wildheart and his Fusions Wildedge and Necroid Shaman.
Sparkman can fuse with Either Necroshade or Bladedge to make 2 of the best Fusions available to this Strategy in Plasma Vice and Darkbright.
King of the Swamp allows you to find Polymerisation and can also sub in for Wildheart/a Hero when Required (Ideas might be Avian with Wildheart for Wild Wingman or Clayman with Sparkman for Thunder Giant).

Prisma helps you set up your fusions by effectively being any monster in the deck on demand, but also doubles as a way to send Necroshade to the Graveyard where it can be used to Normal summon Bladedge without Tribute.

This deck I think is less what you're looking for, but it's very entertaining to play.

Have a look at those and see what you think.
If you need anything more then feel free to ask a follow-up question.

Yu-Gi-Oh

Exo