Yu-Gi-Oh/Bujin Deck Fix

Hey Exo!
    I'm a long-time Wind-UP and Lightsworn player, so I've been around the block. I'm really interested in Bujin's, but I've never actually played a deck myself. I have a rough sketch of one I've picked up from some tips and examples, but I wanted a more detailed fix. Oh, and in Advanced Format.

Bujin Mikazuchi X 2
Bujin Yamato X 3
Bujingi Crane X 3
Bujingi Crow X 2
Bujingi Quilin X 2
Bujingi Turtle X 3
Lightray Sorcerer X 1
Effect Veiler X 1
Honest X 1

Mystical Space Typhoon X 3
Upstart Goblin X 3
Pot of Duality X 3
Fire Formation Tenki X 2
Forbidden Dress X 1
Forbidden Lance X 1
Dark Hole X 1
Bujincarnation X 1

Bujin Regalia - The Sword X 2
Mirror Force X 2
Compulsory Evacuation Device X 1
Solemn Warning X 1
Torrential Tribute X 1

SIDE (15) - really lost here; based mostly on recommendations from others

Bujingi Hare X 2
Bujingi Fox X 1
Bujingi Peacock X 2
Consecrated Light X 2
Lightray Sorcerer X 1
Bujinunity X 1
Bujincarnation X 1
Black Garden X 2
Vanity's Emptiness X 3

EXTRA (15)
Bujintei Kagutsuchi X 2
Bujintei Susanawo X 2
Number 39: Utopia X 1
Photon Papilloperative X 1
Number 101: Silent Honor Ark X 1
Diamond Dire Wolf X 1
Starliege Paladynamo X 1
Steelswarm Roach X 1
Maestroke the Symphony Djinn X 1
Lavalval Chain X 1
Daigusto Emeral X 1
Abyss Dweller X 1
Gagaga Cowboy X 1
Thanks in advance! Also, if you could give me some tips or pointers for combos, specific moves, or goals I need to strive for... it would really be appreciated it. Thanks again!!

I won't lie to you... Bujin isn't exactly a combo deck.
Bujin's gameplan is essentially "Protect the Yamato" since Yamato's ability activates every turn, and provides his controller with a snowball of effects that prevent his destruction that can be quick difficult for an opponent to deal with if they don't do so quickly.

Realistically, your deck here has 2 goals:
1. Find Yamato. Anything that makes your deck thinner generally works well here. Tenki and Pot of Duality are the best of the bunch. Upstart Goblin also works well, but will likely be cut in the near future since it just gives your opponent more life for Soul Charge (I suggest you look into that if you haven't already).

2. Make sure Yamato never dies (or if it does, make sure you have Bujincarnation to return a larger on to the field on the next turn). Hare, Turtle, Crane, Forbidden Lance and a Plethora of Traps are the way to go here.

This is why the standard monster line looks like:

3 Bujin Yamato
2 Bujin Mikazuchi
3 Bujingi Crane
2 Bujingi Hare
2 Bujingi Turtle
1 Bujingi Centipede
1 Bujingi Quilin
1 Honest
1 Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Bear

You'll see the monsters listed here are all present, with a few additions.
While it'd be nice to think that we could just summon Yamato and the opponent never gets chance to build their field, that's not always how it goes down. As such, you need effects that can remove monsters from the field that are already there, and are too big or too resilient to destroy by Battle.
That's where Bear and Quilin come in. Quilin can be sent to the Graveyard by Yamato on any given end phase, and can even remove troublesome Spells and Traps - Messenger of Peace and Fiendish Chain come to mind, but I'm sure you can think of others.
Centipede is the same as Quilin but for Set Spells/Traps, allowing you to remove any obstacles to Yamato's attack.
Notably, both Quilin and Centipede are Level 4, which allows you to combine them with Yamato into Bujintei Susanowo if required - you can then detach them for Susanowo's effect, putting them in the graveyard where they can go to work.

Spells. The major player that you're missing here is Kaiser Collisseum, which prevents your opponent from controlling more monsters that you. It plays perfectly into your "Summon this one guy and protect him forever" strategy, and prevents any deck from performing an Xyz summon or Synchro summon while you control only Yamato.
Lance is on of the best cards this deck has, so 3 copies seem like the way to go. Dress is less important since it can't protect Yamato from effects like Dimensional Prison or Fiendish Chain unless activated pre-emptively.

Let's try something like this:

3 Fire Formation - Tenki
3 Pot of Duality
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
3 Forbidden Lance
2 Kaiser Collisseum
1 Book of moon
1 Bujincarnation

That leaves you with 8 spaces for Traps. Those slots are best filled with things like Fiendish Chain and base support, though Black Horn of Heaven has been seeing a lot of play recently:

3 Fiendish Chain
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
1 Solemn Warning
1 Vanity's Emptiness

Your Extra deck looks fine, though you may want to include a copy of Bujintei Tsukuyomi, a Brotherhood of the fire Fist - Tiger King and a Number 50 - Blackship of Corn.

Maestroke, Papilloperative and Utopia aren't really necessary, so those would be my cuts.

It's probably also worth Dropping Lavalval Chain for Constellar Omega, since Yamato will make a good job of putting things in the Graveyard by himself.

Side Decks differ by meta, but to give you an idea let me share one from a previous YCS:

3 Maxx "C"
1 Swift Scarecrow
1 Twister
3 Debunk
2 Dust Tornado
2 Black Horn of Heaven
2 Needle Ceiling
1 Vanity's Emptiness

Hopefully that should give you an idea of the kind of cards that go in a Bujin Side deck.

Realistically you're siding to counter your opponent's Side Deck, which will usually be a combination of these cards:

Black Horn of Heaven
Dust Tornado
Light Imprisoning Mirror
Skill Drain

So any way to prevent these cards will be helpful to you. (Past decks have even used Royal Decree for this purpose)

I'll also point you here:

Which is a deck video for YCS Vegas, where a Bujin player used their side deck to transfer into Fire Fist for games 2 and/or 3, rendering their opponent's side deck useless.
It's an interesting concept, so I'd give it a look.

Hope that helps, feel free to drop me a follow-up question if you need anything else

I'm able to answer any and all questions related to the English Yu-Gi-Oh! game itself. This includes, but isn't limited to:

Deck Fixes: Either making suggestions and improvements on a deck you've already built, or building a deck from scratch for you. In either case, please give an idea of the kind of deck you're building, the level of play you're planning to use it in (small tournaments, regionals etc), and the kind of budget you're on.
Please format decks in a way that's easy to read. Each card name should be on its own line, with a number before it indicating how many you're playing. Please split decks into Monsters, Spells and Traps.

NOTE: A level of reasonability is assumed with this. I cannot build you a nationals winning deck based on monsters whose name starts with the Letter 'A' on a budget of 4($6)... Nor will I generally respond well to Questions touting "No Xyz, Synchro... etc" or disallowing cards from certain parts of the show. I haven't seen the show in a number of years and find these conditions to usually be poorly-defined.

Rulings: On any card interacting with any other card(s). Tell me the scenario, and I'll tell you what happens.

I won't be answering questions on whether a trade is fair or not, or on how much X-card is worth, as both these kinds of question can be answered by using Ebay's completed listings page.

Level 2 Judge Qualification,
Level 1 Player Management Qualification,
Konami Rules Certification 1,
Regularly Head Judges Local Events,
Tournament Wins/Top 8 placements too numerous to detail here

BSc (Hons) Degree in Mathematics