Yu-Gi-Oh/Counter Fairies 2014

Question
I played the Bear Hands deck you suggested and had an epiphany when I saw how well Traptrix Trap Hole Nightmare worked in a duel against Geargias. It's actually a great card, and it works well against most of the meta. Also, the brand new Wire Tap card came out. I put together Counter Fairies again but I can't get it to run well like it used to. Here's what I've got:

Monsters: 13
Thunder King Rai-Oh
Bountiful Artemis x3
Traptrix Myrmeleo x3
Fire Hand x3
Ice Hand x3

Spells: 7
Pot of Duality x3
Mystical Space Typhoon x3
Book of Moon

Traps: 20
Bottomless Trap Hole
Traptrix Trap Hole Nightmare x3
Mirror Force x2
Dimensional Prison x2
Compulsory Evacuation Device
Wire Tap x2
Divine Wrath x2
Black Horn of Heaven x3
Dark Bribe x2
Solemn Warning
The Huge Revolution is Over

My issue is that every game where I draw a Hand or Myrmelo goes much easier than if I open with Bountiful Artemis. I can't consistently protect it from my opponent summoning a monster and attacking, unless they decide to special summon or something like that.

I tried using fossil dyna, grand mole and more copies of wire tap and divine wrath, but I ended up losing most of my games. I also tried using summoner monk as well to guarantee I could get Bountiful Artemis on my field, but I'm not sure if that's the best idea.

Do you have any ideas for how I can make this deck more like years ago, and possibly eliminate the hand monsters? It's at the point where they take over the deck's theme and I might as well just cut Artemis and play Traptrix Hands.

Speaking of that, what would a TrapTrix Hand deck look like?

Thanks for the help, Exo.

Answer
Traptrix Hands and Hand Artifact Traptrix (HAT) made huge waves over the weekend at YCS Philadelphia, so finding builds of those shouldn't be difficult in the coming weeks.

Have you considered Artifacts over Hands? They're all Fairy Type monsters so they go better with your theme, and they give the same kind of disruptive influence over the game that your Hand monsters and Counter Traps do:

3 Artifact Moralltach
2 Artifact Beagaltach
1 Artifact Caduceus
3 Bountiful Artemis
2 Traptrix Myrmeleo
2 Traptrix Dionaea
(13)

3 Pot of Duality
3 Upstart Goblin
3 Artifact Ignition
(9)

3 Black Horn of Heaven
3 Artifact Sanctum
2 Breakthrough Skill
2 Wiretap
2 Traptrix Trap Hole Nightmare
2 Call of the Haunted
1 Solemn Warning
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Divine Wrath
(18)

Here Sanctum gives you a way to defend Artemis in your opponent's battle phase that also puts a 2100 ATK body onto the field.
The Artifact engine also gives you the ability to play Call of the Haunted, which interacts well both with the Traptrix and with Artemis.

The Pure Handtrix deck probably looks like this:

3 Fire Hand
3 Ice Hand
3 Traptrix Myrmeleo
3 Traptrix Dionaea
2 Maxx "C"
2 Cardcar D
(16)

3 Pot of Duality
3 Upstart Goblin
1 Pot of Dichotomy
1 Book of Moon
1 Dark Hole
(9)

3 Traptrix Trap Hole Nightmare
2 Breakthrough Skill
2 Call of the Haunted
2 Black Horn of Heaven
2 Dimensional Prison
1 Solemn Warning
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Void Trap Hole
(15)

Give those a go, see what you think.

Yu-Gi-Oh

Exo