Yu-Gi-Oh/Cyber-Machina Gears Salvation

Question
QUESTION: Hey Exo, It's been quite a while since I asked for help on my Machine deck, Cyber-Machina Gears, and now I'm wanting to bring it back. I want to say that we last worked on this somewhere in the early of 2013 last year. For the most part, I think for the rest of this format I just want to play something I enjoy. Much like my Chaos Dragons deck as well. Anyway, what I'd like your help with is basically help make it consistent at what it's designed to do. What my Cyber-Machina Gears deck is meant to do is summon big machines and beat the opponents LP's down to 0 as much as possible. That's mostly the main point of the deck from a strategy point of view. The Theme, however, remains the same. A machine deck that utilizes Cyber Dragons, Machinas, and Ancient Gears as the core function of the entire deck. Without further delay here's how my Cyber-Machina Gears looks like currently.

Cyber-Machina Gears 40

Monsters 25
3x Cyber Dragon
2x Cyber Dragon Core
2x Cyber Dragon Drei
2x Malefic Cyber End Dragon
3x Machina Fortress
3x Machina Gearframe
2x Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon
2x Card Trooper
2x Cardcar D
3x Swift Scarecrow
1x Redox, Dragon Ruler of Boulders

Spells 15
1x Book of Moon
1x Limiter Removal
1x Power Bond
1x Sacred Sword of Seven Stars
1x Soul Charge
2x Cyber Repair Plant
2x Pot of Duality
3x Geartown
3x Mystical Space Typhoon

Extra Deck 15
2x Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
2x Cyber End Dragon
1x Cyber Twin Dragon
1x Pair Cycroid
1x Abyss Dweller
1x Gagaga Cowboy
1x Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
2x Cyber Dragon Nova
1x Number 61: Volcasaurus
1x Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger
1x Number 11: Big Eye
1x Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand

Well there you have it Exo, my Cyber-Machina Gears deck. Now all I ask of you is help on making this deck more consistent than it is currently? Basically if there's any way to help this achieve its goal faster, let's do it? Plus I know PRIO is on it's way and I just want to be prepaired for whatever takes place after it releases this week. Oh budget wise, let's try and make any changes as budgetable as possible. If you need a price range to work from, then let's try $100. Anyway Exo, hope you can help, and I await your response.

ANSWER: These three themes don't do a good job of working together, so if you ram them all together into the same deck something's going to break...

First of all the Cyber Dragon part isn't adding anything here... they do nothing for you. Sure, you can summon Core and Get Repair Plant to search for Cyber Dragon, but that Cyber Dragon is weaker than any other monster in your deck, and it took you a turn to get to.
Cyber Dragon also provides the issue that you can't really summon any other monsters while it's face-up until you know your opponent doesn't play Fortress Dragon. Fortress Dragon is less common nowadays, but why play Cyber Dragon when all it really offers are negatives?

3 Fortress and 3 Gearframe should be backed my 2-3 Machina Cannon here, since its Level 8 status allows you to play Trade-In to back up Gadjiltron Dragon.
We'll supplement Trade-In further with a copy of Malefic Stardust Dragon

3 Swift Scarecrow is very overzealous, a real Trap line will take you much further than Scarecrow Can.

Monster Line:

3 Malefic Cyber End Dragon
3 Machina Fortress
2 Machina Cannon
2 Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon
1 Malefic Stardust Dragon
3 Machina Gearframe
3 Cardcar D
1 Redox, Dragon Ruler of Boulders
(18)

We can now drop all the Fusion and Cyber Dragon Spells to make space for new things. Spell line can be reduced to this:

3 Geartown
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
3 Pot of Duality
2 Trade-In
1 Book of Moon
1 Limiter Removal
1 Soul Charge
(14)

which leaves room for 8 Traps.

2 of Those can be Skill Drain, which has virtually no effect on this deck whatsoever, and actully improves your Malefic monsters.
The Rest can be the basics, which gives us this:

2 Skill Drain
2 Black Horn of Heaven
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Solemn Warning
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
(8)

Your Extra deck will need adjusting accordingly too.

Give that a go.

QUESTION: Hey Exo, I'm here with a follow-up in regards to the Side Deck. Plus one small question about a card on whether it'd be worth running in the main deck or not. Anyways, so far the new version of my Cyber-Machina Gears deck works phenomenally well. It stumbles a little bit against some of the meta, but for the most part it still manages. The only thing now I'm having trouble with is figuring out what to put in my Side Deck? Cards that can help this deck's struggle against some the new PRIO infused decks (Artifacts, Traptrix, ect.) So, what I have is a rough draft of what my Side currently contains and what I'd like your help with is final editing to where my Side Deck is more beneficial, if it isn't already? In other words, which cards go, and what comes in? Let's also try and keep whatever changes as budgetable as possible because what's in my side is basically what I currently have in person. Here's what my Side Deck currently contains.

Side Deck 15
2x Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo
2x Maxx "C"
1x Dark Hole
1x Mind Control
1x Soul Drain
2x Breakthrough Skill
2x Dimensional Prison
2x Trap Stun
2x Light-Imprisoning Mirror

Now my one small question I have in addition to this Side deck editing, would it be possible for me to play Orichalcos in the main? Other than that Exo, my side deck is the last thing I need some help with for my Cyber-Machina Gears. Hope you can help, and I await your response Exo. Thank you for your time.

Answer
The Top half of your Side Deck is fine here, but the Additional Traps could be better.

Dyna and Maxx "C" are good choices against the Meta, while Dark Hole will improve your Geargia Matchup.
Mind Control doesn't really seem that helpful when it'll be quite rare that you make Xyz monsters.

Soul Drain is fine, but I'd switch out the rest.

Light Imprisoning Mirror isn't very effective at dealing with Artifact (as the Deck plays 6 copies of Space Typhoon) and is rather ineffectual against Bujin too, since it won't stop Yamato from killing you.

To combat these decks, we switch out Breakthrough Skill for Traptrix Trap Hole Nightmare and Light Imprisoning Mirror for Debunk, which will also improve the Dragon/Mermail Matchups

The Third Skill Drain can be sided for anything that relies on Monster Effects, and Dimensional Fissure should round the Side Dekc out quite nicely:

3 Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo
3 Maxx "C"
1 Dark Hole
1 Dimensional Fissure
2 Debunk
2 Dimensional Prison
1 Skill Drain
2 Traptrix Trap Hole Nightmare
(15)

And yes, you can play Orichalcos in the Maindeck, though I'm not sure how well that will go given that Madolche are now a huge part of the Meta, and will just play their Chateau over the top of it...

Yu-Gi-Oh

Exo