Yu-Gi-Oh/Deck Fix + Build

Question
Hey Exo! Glad you're back and hope you enjoyed your vacation.

I was trying to perfect my Duston deck and I was wondering if you had any suggestions:

==Duston Deck==
Monster Cards 28
3 House Duston
3 Star Duston
3 White Duston
2 Blue Duston
2 Green Duston
2 Red Duston
3 Rai-Mei
2 Goblin King
2 Shining Angel
2 Stygian Security
2 Yellow Duston
2 Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden Lord

Spell Cards 6
2 Kaiser Colosseum
2 Opti-Camouflage Armor
1 One for One
1 Dark Hole

Trap Cards 7
2 Just Desserts
2 Anti-Spell Fragrance
1 Ceasefire
2 The Huge Revolution is Over

Extra Deck 15
2 Downerd Magician
2 Number 13: Embodiment of Crime
2 Number 31: Embodiment of Punishment
2 Number 54: Lion Heart
2 Slacker Magician
1 Number 39: Utopia Roots
1 Superdreadaught Rail Cannon Gustav Max
1 Formula Synchron
1 Mist Bird Clausolas
1 Star Eater

In all honesty it's heavily based off of this deck ( http://yu-gi-pros.blogspot.com/2014/03/duston-deck-profile-by-kanokarob-april.ht ), but I was wondering if you had any suggestions to make this as viable a deck as possible for competitive play.

Oh, and I have another favor to ask you if its okay:
I have a friend who has borrowed mine/others decks when playing at local tourneys.  However he wants his own deck to play with, and he seems fixated on making it a Neo-Spacian deck. Could you help by making a Neo-Spacian Deck build that would be able to at least win a few at local tourneys?

Thank you so much!! And welcome back to Allexperts!

Mitch

Answer
I won't lie to you, that build seems horribly inconsistent.  Statistically speaking you're likely to open 4+ monsters here at least half the time, while realistically it's optimal to only see 2 ever.

Let's Start at the very Basics of what we HAVE to have:

3 House Duston
3 Red Duston
2 Green Duston
2 Blue Duston
2 Yellow Duston
3 White Duston
3 Goblin King
3 Stygian Security
1 Shining Angel
(22)

Here we have 6 chances to draw Goblin King and 7 to draw House Duston.
Starduston is cute, but I don't see why I'd go into it when I could just win...
We also only need 2 of the non-Red Dustons since White Duston can fix for us if we draw on of them (Being a normal monster it's not subject to the same one-per-side condition as the others)

22 monsters is more than enough here. I'd cut some more if they weren't central to the theme.
Next you need to be able to get to your combo, which means Drawpower or Search Power.
Pot of Duality is best for this, since you weren't going to do your combo on the first turn of the game anyway.
The Major Card the starting deck is missing is "Where Arf Thou", which allows you to search for one half of your combo providing you already control the other half.

One for One obviously stays, and I think we'll add 2 copies of Forbidden Lance to push Goblin Kings and House Dustons through Traps like Fiendish Chain and Breakthrough Skill.

3 Where Arf Thou
3 Pot of Duality
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Forbidden Lance
1 Dark Hole
1 One Day of Peace
1 Enemy Controller
(13)

Which leaves us with 5 Traps

The One Ceasefire is fine, but I think Royal Decree is the way to go with this, since it shuts out all the Traps at once:

3 Royal Decree
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Ceasefire
(5)

I think that'll work much better, though you can always find space for a copy of Exodius if you feel you need a reset button. Torrential can afford to go, so I'd probably drop that given the choice.

Neo Spacian should probably look like this:

1 Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
1 Dark Armed Dragon
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
2 Tragoedia
2 Chaos Sorcerer
3 Maxx "C"
2 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
1 Card Trooper
3 Neo-Spacian Glow Moss
2 Neo-Spacian Dark Panther
1 Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
1 Cross Porter
1 Dandylion
3 Junk Synchron
1 Debris Dragon
1 Armageddon Knight
(26)

3 Convert Contact
1 Dark Hole
2 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Foolish Burial
1 Allure of Darkness
(8)

2 Call of the Haunted
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Solemn Warning
1 Breakthrough Skill
(6)

With something like this as an Extra Deck:

1 Armory Arm
2 Armades, Keeper of Boundaries
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 T.G.Hyper Librarian
1 Junk Warrior
1 Orient Dragon
1 Goyo Guardian
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Crimson Blader
1 Junk Destroyer
1 Leo, the Keeper of the Sacred Tree
1 Star Eater
(15)

I'd give those a go, see what you think.

Yu-Gi-Oh

Exo