Yu-Gi-Oh/Monarch Deck

Question
QUESTION: So I am just getting back into the game after a few years off. I originally built my monarch deck, and it worked pretty well in the tournaments. However, with the new ban list and new card releases I had to disband a lot of it. I don't want a Frog Monarch just a straight up Monarch deck. Here is what I have thus far:

Monsters:
3x Caius
3x Raiza
2x Mobius
2x Thestalos
2x Treeborn Frog
2x Marshmallon
2x Ghostrick Jackfrost
3x Battle Fader
2x Cyber Dragon
1x Gorz
1x Tragoedia

Spells:
3x Enemy Controller
3x MST
3x Soul Exchange
2x Forbidden Lance
1x Book of Moon
3x Pot of Duality
1x Dark Hole

Traps:
1x Bottomless
1x Torrential Tribute
2x Dimensional Prison

Let me know what you think. I wanted to put in Spirit Reaper or Dandylion and Jinzo, but I didn't want to be too heavy on the monsters.

ANSWER: I'd suggest you look into "The Monarchs Storm Forth" from the new DUEA set. It's effectively a better version of Soul Exchange (To an extent that not even I understood until the Sneak Weekend) as it doesn't Target or prevent your Battle Phase...

If you want a non-Frog Monarch deck, then the Ghostrick Engine should fit right in:

3 Raiza the Storm Monarch
3 Caius the Shadow Monarch
3 Majesty's Fiend
1 Vanity's Fiend
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
2 Tragoedia
2 Ghostrick Jackfrost
2 Ghostrick Specter
3 Ghostrick Mary
3 Ghostrick Jiangshi
2 Treeborn Frog
2 Battle Fader
(27)

3 The Monarchs Storm Forth
3 Pot of Duality
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Enemy Controller
1 Soul Exchange
1 Dark Hole
1 Foolish Burial
1 Allure of Darkness
(13)

I consider Jinzo to be more of a Side Deck card for Trap-Heavy Matchups, while Reaper and Dandylion are rather overshadowed by the Ghostrick engine here.

I'd give the list above a go, see what you think.

QUESTION: Thanks I'll have to try this. That Monarchs Storm Forth is nasty. Now that I have the main deck, what would you suggest for the side deck besides Jinzo?

Answer
You'll need to be able to adjust you tribute line to best take advantage of what you'r playing against, but you'll also need to be able to switch up your hand Traps based on deck, and also counter your opponent's side-deck plan.

I'd start with something like this:

2 Jinzo
2 The End of Anubis
1 Mobius the Mega Monarch
1 Vanity's Fiend
3 Maxx "C"
2 D.D. Crow
1 Effect Veiler
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Twister
(15)

Jinzo and Mobius cover the half of the spectrum that consists of slow, trap heavy decks (Geargia, HAT etc)  - while Vanity's Fiend and Anubis cover the combo and graveyard based decks (Sylvan, Yang Zing, Shaddoll, Mermail).
Similarly, you can shift your deck to include whichever Hand Trap suits your matchup best (if any). Don't be afraid to drop Spells to include these, as Hand Traps are effectively Spells/Traps rather than monsters anyway. Just remember not to damage your Tribute engine when siding.

Finally, Space Typhoon and Twister are there to deal with Continuous Spells/Traps that you just don't want to see: Dimensional Fissure, Macro Cosmos, Rivalry of Warlords, Gozen Match, Kaiser Collisseum and Skill Drain just to name a few.
Even though both are quick-play spells, I would advise against setting them for the most part, since that exposes them to removal. They're more to be kept in hand as answers to cards that stop you from playing.

Give that a try, see what you think.

Yu-Gi-Oh

Exo