Yu-Gi-Oh/Batteryman of the New Year

QUESTION: Hey Exo, Happy New Year! Onward to our new format and I can't think of a better way for me to start it off than to try and play my Batteryman deck. So realistically, I would like some help going over my current Batteryman build in order to a: manage against the current flow of decks and b: be prepared for the new decks to come later on (HEROS, Infernoids, Necloths, etc.) Here's how I have my Batteryman

Batteryman 40
Monsters 22
3 Batteryman 9-Volt
3 Batteryman AAA
2 Batteryman Micro-Cell
2 Batteryman Fuel Cell
1 Batteryman Charger
3 Mahunder
3 Pahunder
3 Thunder Sea Horse
2 Honest

Spells 11
1 Dark Hole
1 Raigeki
1 Snatch Steal
2 Recycling Batteries
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
3 Upstart Goblin

Traps 7
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
1 Solemn Warning
2 Dimensional Prison
2 Portable Battery Pack

Side Deck 15
2 Flying "C"
2 Maxx "C"
2 De-Fusion
2 Forbidden Graveyard
1 Soul Drain
2 Fairy Wind
2 Imperial Iron Wall
2 Stygian Dirge

Extra Deck (I'll adjust my Extra Deck accordingly depending on the results of the fix.)

Well there you have it, my Batteryman deck. You'll notice that I've stuck with the Rank-4 style of Batteryman with the back-up combos of Charger and Fuel Cell. So far the deck has performed well, but it still struggles against the current meta. Plus the added problems of opposing "floodgate" cards (Vanity's Fiend and Emptiness, Majesty's Fiend, Skill Drain, just to name a few) really affect my deck's ability to do what it's been designed to do. So I'd like some help looking over my build and would like to know what I could change to make a bit more consistent against what the meta has to offer? Side deck as well? All changes of any kind need to be as budgetable as possible. That's pretty much it Exo. Hope you can help and I await your response.

P.S. If you can't help with this deck, I completely understand any of your reasons towards it.

ANSWER: This doesn't really seem like a Batteryman deck if I'm honest, it seems much more like a Hunder Build that's playing Batteryman 9-Volt as a Semi-Stratos effect.

Rank 4.dek simply doesn't cut it in the current meta, as you may have noticed with Satellarknight doing so poorly. With Batteryman, the Charger-Fuel Cell combo is a much more powerful and impactful play than a simple Rank 4 Xyz monster, and the deck that focuses on it has a much higher ceiling due to it's special summon heaviness.
Your chances of having the Charger-Fuel Cell combo here don't seem very high as you're playing so few copies of them, even if they're searchable. I'd refactor this into a variant based around the combo if you want it to perform, though you can tailor it to shut out the very DARK centric meta quite easily.

I'd keep Batterymen and Hunder separate. Battery men should look like this:

3 Batteryman 9 Volt
3 Batteryman Micro Cell
3 Batteryman Charger
2 Batteryman Fuel Cell
2 Honest
1 Batteryman Industrial Strength

3 Pot of Duality
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
3 Upstart Goblin
2 The Monarchs’ Stormforth
1 Raigeki
1 Snatch Steal
1 Battery Charger

3 Call of the Haunted
3 Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror
2 Trap Stun
2 Breakthrough Skill
1 Solemn Warning
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device

Where the idea is to find and summon Charger quickly to drop in 9-Volt to Fuel Cell, with Call, Snatch Steal and Battery Charger to finish the Job.

Shadow Mirror shuts out the Meta with no cost to you, and the deck can even board in Majesty's Fiend and Vanity's Fiend without many issues due to mainboard Stormforth. This counter-sides both the Shaddoll deck and the Majesty's Fiend Side-deck since you can simply Stormforth their Fiend into your Batteryman Charger.

Side should probably look like this:

2 Majesty's Fiend
2 Vanity's Fiend
2 Denko Sekka
1 Thunder King Rai-Oh
1 The Monarchs' Stormforth
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
3 Fairy Wind
2 Mirror Force
1 Trap Stun

Here the Fiends are for Shaddoll, with Majesty's Fiend doing double duty for Burning Abyss. The third Stormforth can come in against either - dependent on how many Fiends you board-in and whether your opponent is also putting in Fiends.
Denko is for Burning Abyss, where she and the third Trap Stun make 5 ways to shut out the back row for a turn, giving Fuel Cell chance to bounce Dante and swing for some damage.

Thunder King, Bottomless and the Fairy Winds are for Qliphort, they should do a reasonable job of shutting out its main play. Qliphort is the deck you'll struggle most with in Game 1 since you're playing dead Shadow Mirrors and Breakthrough Skills in the Mainboard.
Mirror Force can also come in for Game 2 to give you some breathing room and to swing Tempo back your way for a quick kill against an open board.

Notably, Mirror Force is also fantastic Game 2-3 against Burning Abyss should they side-in the Fiends. They'll special summon a Burning Abyss monster and tribute it, then attack straight into Mirror Force and have wasted an entire turn.

I'd give that a look, see what you think.

QUESTION: Hey Exo, I was expecting nothing more than a tweak or so, but I was surprised that wasn't the case here. Never the less this build of Batteryman is alright for me even though I'd most of the time prefer playing the Rank 4 route. Anyway i do have a follow-up here. I'm able to get mostly everything here (simply because my Rank 4 deck had probably 90% of the Batteryman.) However, 2 cards in the side are just out of my reach to retrieve to complete the deck, Majesty's Fiend and Denko Sekka. This means I'm gonna need some replacements for those cards. I have a good idea for a close replacement of Majesty's, and the card I thought of was The End of Anubis. Although Anubis doesn't stop on field effects, it can still stop grave effects which can come in handy when facing rouge monsters that don't fall into the Shadow-Imprisoning list. But that's up to you for a majesty's replacement. For Denko, I couldn't figure out a good replacement for that card.

So my follow-up is I won't be able to get Majesty's Fiend and Denko Sekka, and because of that I need replacements for those cards? That's pretty much it. Hope you can help and I await your response. Thank you Exo

Replace Majesty's Fiend with the Third Vanity's Fiend first, then a single copy of Anubis can finish up.

Denko Sekka is trickier, since nothing really does what she does. If we're looking to board it in for Burning Abyss then Ojama Trio would help, though it makes getting damage through a little tricky.
Perhaps some copies of Mask of Restrict to help shut out Nekroz, or some wiretaps to board in against Satellarknight. Vanity's Emptiness would also be a good choice.

I'm not sure what's in play near you, but one of those is probably the best choice.

I'm able to answer any and all questions related to the English Yu-Gi-Oh! game itself. This includes, but isn't limited to:

Deck Fixes: Either making suggestions and improvements on a deck you've already built, or building a deck from scratch for you. In either case, please give an idea of the kind of deck you're building, the level of play you're planning to use it in (small tournaments, regionals etc), and the kind of budget you're on.
Please format decks in a way that's easy to read. Each card name should be on its own line, with a number before it indicating how many you're playing. Please split decks into Monsters, Spells and Traps.

NOTE: A level of reasonability is assumed with this. I cannot build you a nationals winning deck based on monsters whose name starts with the Letter 'A' on a budget of £4($6)... Nor will I generally respond well to Questions touting "No Xyz, Synchro... etc" or disallowing cards from certain parts of the show. I haven't seen the show in a number of years and find these conditions to usually be poorly-defined.

Rulings: On any card interacting with any other card(s). Tell me the scenario, and I'll tell you what happens.

I won't be answering questions on whether a trade is fair or not, or on how much X-card is worth, as both these kinds of question can be answered by using Ebay's completed listings page.

Level 2 Judge Qualification,
Level 1 Player Management Qualification,
Konami Rules Certification 1,
Regularly Head Judges Local Events,
Tournament Wins/Top 8 placements too numerous to detail here

BSc (Hons) Degree in Mathematics