Yu-Gi-Oh/Neos Wiseman Possible Playable?

Question
QUESTION: Hi there Exo - how you doing - hope your well. Looking in my binder a card caught my eye and well since then ive decided to make a competitive deck for it in this format or make a deck as competitive as can be- as ive always wanted to try a deck using this card. I know its considerably difficult to get on the field, but once he's been summoned its incredible. The real trick is having both Yubel and Neos on the field AND having Wiseman in hand. Im not the best when it comes to deck building but can you help me improve my deck please. I figured that since this cards release over the years theres possibly been more support that could make it playable but other than having them in hand and field i also need help with draw power as this deck seems a bit slow.

It's not like Wiseman's only effect is that he can't be destroyed by card effects. He also has that other effect where your opponent takes damage equal to the ATK points of any monster he battles. Not only that, I gain LP equal to the monster's DEF. Note that it says if he battles a monster, not if he destroys it.

(3) Neos Wiseman
(3) Yubel
(3) Elemental Hero Neos Alius
(3) Elemental Hero Neos
(3) Elemental Hero Prisma
(1) Montage Dragon
(2) Mystic Tomato
(2) Armageddon Knight
(1) Phantom of Chaos

Spells: 10
(2) Gold Sarcophagus
(2) E - Emergency Call
(3) Reinforcement of the Army
(3) Mystical Space Typhoon

Traps: 10
(3) Fiendish Chain
(2) Mirror Force
(3) Storming Mirror Force
(2) Limit Reverse

Also what if any should i use as a extra deck and side deck

also do you think the deck needs any of the new hero support such as hero mask i was thinking of using it alongside debris dragon or should i max out on draw spells and go for royal decree and trap stun?

if you can help in anyway possible much appreciated.

Many thanks for your help

Steve McGrill

ANSWER: I think you're going in the right direction here - putting Yubel into the Graveyard and Prisma onto the field is the easiest way to acquire the materials for Wiseman.
Debris Dragon is likely a strong way to go, since if you can get Yubel into the Graveyard somehow then Debris Dragon, Wiseman and A Hero Lives become Daigusto Emeral and Wiseman.

Yubel is utterly awful, so you'll be best playing few copies of it and hoping to drop it to the Graveyard via Armageddon Knight, Reinforcement of the Army or Foolish Burial.
Lance is better here than Space Typhoon since you're looking to protect a single huge threat.

I think I'd make this deck look like this:

3 Elemental HERO Prisma
2 Goblindbergh
2 Neos Wiseman
2 Elemental HERO Neos
2 Debris Dragon
2 Armageddon Knight
1 Elemental HERO Bubbleman
1 Elemental HERO Shadow Mist
1 Yubel
(16)

3 Reinforcement of the Army
3 A Hero Lives
3 Pot of Duality
3 Upstart Goblin
2 Forbidden Lance
1 Raigeki
1 Soul Charge
1 Foolish Burial
1 Mask Change
(18)

3 Call of the Haunted
3 Breakthrough Skill
(6)

Extra Deck: (15)
1 Elemental HERO Grand Neos
3 Masked HERO Dark Law
1 Masked HERO Anki
1 Masked HERO Acid
2 Daigusto Emeral
2 Castel the Skyblaster Musketeer
1 Blade Armor Ninja
1 Heroic Champion Excalibur
1 Gagaga Cowboy
1 Abyss Dweller
1 Evilswarm Exciton Knight

Your Side deck should probably be a conversion to a full HERO deck, something like this should work:

2 Elemental HERO Shadow Mist
2 Summoner Monk
1 Elemental HERO Bubbleman
1 Elemental HERO Neos Alius
2 Mask Change
2 Mirror Force
1 Traptrix Trap Hole Nightmare
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
1 Solemn Warning
1 Vanity's Emptiness
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
(15)

Looking to take these out when you side-deck in:

3 Elemental HERO Prisma
2 Neos Wiseman
2 Elemental HERO Neos
2 Debris Dragon
1 Armageddon Knight
1 Yubel
3 Pot of Duality
1 Foolish Burial
(15)

Give that a go, see what you think.

QUESTION: Thanks for help with the deck it does seem to work more consistently

although a few questions -

1) Debris Dragon is limited not semi limited - so does the deck need to alter itself or not as with dumping Debris in the grave and using Army Knights but with Rota limited as well is it still useful or not?

2) Reinforcement of the army is also limited. Do i need to change my approach or should i just replace it with E-Call instead.

3) what should i replace my extra decks Evilswarm Exciton Knight with - anything or something in particular?

4) given the changes of the new ban list what decks do you believe will be now popular - U.A Burn, Quilphort, Burning Abyss, Nekroz, Shaddoll etc? which over the next few months will be popular

and what side deck - if the current one has to change should i use to combat them with.

Many thanks.

Answer
Reinforcement of the Army being limited probably means that you'll need to play Summoner Monk. Exciton can be replaced with pretty much any Rank 4, Diamond Dire Wolf probably being the best choice.

I'd rebuild to look like this:

3 Elemental HERO Prisma
2 Goblindbergh
2 Neos Wiseman
2 Elemental HERO Neos
2 Armageddon Knight
2 Summoner Monk
1 Debris Dragon
1 Elemental HERO Bubbleman
1 Elemental HERO Shadow Mist
1 Yubel
(17)

3 A Hero Lives
3 Upstart Goblin
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Pot of Duality
2 Mask Change
2 E - Emergency Call
1 Raigeki
1 Soul Charge
1 Foolish Burial
1 Reinforcement of the Army
(19)

3 Call of the Haunted
1 Solemn Warning
(4)

Side:
2 Elemental HERO Shadow Mist
1 Elemental HERO Bubbleman
1 Elemental HERO Neos Alius
1 Mask Change
2 Mirror Force
3 Fiendish Chain
2 Time-Space Trap Hole
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
1 Vanity's Emptiness
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
(15)

The top decks for this format should only be around for a month or so. once Breakers of Shadow and the Master of Pendulum Structure Arrive we'll start seeing these as the top decks:

EMEm
Performage Magician
Majespecter (/Magician)
Mermail
Kozmo

With Infernoid and HERO floating round the edges, it's difficult to say precisely how good they'll be.

Hope that helps.

Yu-Gi-Oh

Exo