Yu-Gi-Oh/Machine Tune-Up

Question
Hey Exo, been a while. Well for me that is. This format is just starting to become super annoying with Kozmo and what not running around. That aside I'm wondering if you wouldn't mind giving my Cyber Machina Gear deck a Tune-Up for the current format? I haven't played this deck in a while (except for during that 1 special Tournament earlier in the year), and this format I feel it could do well given with what its currently main decking. Here's what my Cyber Machina Gears currently looks like.

Cyber Machina Gears 40
Monsters 15
3 Malefic Cyber End Dragon
1 Machina Megaform
2 Machina Fortress
3 Machina Gearframe
2 Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon
2 Cardcar D
1 Thunder King Rai-Oh
1 Malefic Stardust Dragon

Spells 13
3 Pot of Duality
3 Geartown
2 Necrovalley
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Terraforming
1 Book of Moon
1 Raigeki

Traps 12
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Memory Loss
1 Ring of Destruction
1 Skill Drain
1 Solemn Warning
1 Vanity's Emptiness
2 Mirror Force
2 Rivalry of Warlords
2 Mind Crush

Extra Deck 15
3 Cyber End Dragon
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Abyss Dweller
1 Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer
1 Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon
1 Gear Gigant X
1 Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack
1 Number 11: Big Eye
1 Alsei, the Sylvan High Protector
1 Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand
1 Number 15: Gimmick Puppet Giant Grinder
1 Number 107: Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon

Side Deck 15
1 Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo
2 Majesty's Fiend
2 Swordsman of Revealing Light
2 Cyber Dragon
2 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
2 De-Fusion
2 Imperial Iron Wall
2 Mind Drain

Well there's how my current build of Cyber Machina Gears looks like. Now if I recall the last time we worked on this deck was either close to or during when Secret Forces was released and its decks were running a muck. Specifically Nekroz which is why both Necrovalley and Rivalry are still here, not necessarily for that deck but for today's current meta. At least vs Kozmo these cards are good still. The Side deck too can use some work.

Anyway, in keeping with the theme of my strategy, which is machine beatdown utilizing Cyber Dragons, Ancient Gears, and Machinas for the core monster line-up, how can we go about tuning up this deck to at least stand a chance against the current meta? For this tune-up I would like to stay budgetable as possible, but if we have to for better results DN/DevPro can be our budget platform. That's pretty much it for now Exo, and hope you can help.

Answer
This deck's going to get hung out to dry by Twin Twister once BOSH arrives. It's going to have to play Anti-Spell Fragrance for now just to stay relevant, since you're not going to beat the pendulum decks without it.

I think this is what the main deck should look like for now:

3 Malefic Cyber End Dragon
3 Machina Gearframe
3 Traptrix Myrmeleo
2 Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon
2 Machina Fortress
2 Malefic Stardust Dragon
1 Thunder King Rai-Oh
1 Machina Megaform
(17)

3 Geartown
3 Pot of Duality
2 Terraforming
1 Raigeki
1 Necrovalley
(10)

3 Anti-Spell Fragrance
2 Storming Mirror Force
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Time-Space Trap Hole
1 Traptrix Trap Hole Nightmare
1 Grand Horn of Heaven
1 Skill Drain
1 Solemn Warning
1 Vanity's Emptiness
1 Macro Cosmos
(13)

There's not a lot of point building a side deck for a format that's in as heavy flux as the current one, I'd wait until late January before finalising one. The meta should have stabilised by then with EMEm at the top of the pecking order and everything else scrabbling for second best.
Once you can play Solemn Notice this deck gets much better too.

Yu-Gi-Oh

Exo