Yu-Gi-Oh/master of pendulum starter deck UK version.

QUESTION: Hi i have been out of the game for over 4 years. Went to my local club and got shown the new pendulum decks. I'm struggling to build a deck using 3 packs of the pendulum starter deck. I'm using the current ban list and I'm looking to have fun and money isn't a worry for new cards. Any help would be amazing.

ANSWER: The majority of the money you'll need to spend right now is one your extra deck. Let me show you a magician Performage deck that made second at a Danish regional this weekend. You should only need a few Clash of Rebellions cards and a Raigeki as extras in order to assemble the main deck:

3 Performapal Skullcrobat Joker
3 Wisdom-Eye Magician
3 Oafdragon Magician
3 Dragonpit Magician
3 Dragonpulse Magician
3 Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon
3 Performage Plushfire
3 Performage Damage Juggler
2 Nobledragon Magician
2 Xiangke Magician
1 Performage Hattricker
1 Performage Trick Clown

3 Pendulum Call
3 Wavering Eyes
2 Sky Iris
1 Raigeki
1 Terraforming

Extra Deck: (15)
1 Odd-Eyes Vortex Dragon
2 Odd-Eyes Meteorburst Dragon
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Clear Wing Synchro Dragon
2 Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon
1 Performage Trapeze Magician
1 Castel the Skyblaster Musketeer
1 Diamond Dire Wolf
1 Abyss Dweller
1 Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon
1 Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon
2 Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon

I'd look at getting the Extra deck for that together for now. This deck should start you off well with the pendulum mechanism, and give you an idea of the kind of cards that are going to be overpowered in the future. (Hint: Any pendulum monster that can destroy itself/other pendulums for an effect or has an effect that triggers when it's destroyed is likely a good bet :P)
If you're looking to take this kind of deck forward into the new year then you should also be looking out for 3 copies of Luster Pendulum - the Dracoslayer as well as his various associated "Dracoslayer" Synchro and Xyz monsters, since these make up the core of the Performage Pendulum deck that will likely sweep the metagame come Breakers of Shadow.

Until then, give that a go, see what you think.

QUESTION: Hello Again,

Thank you for your help in the original question i did in fact build the deck minus the extra deck expensive cards. I am looking to build a better magician deck I have the magicians from the brakers of shadow booster.

Is there any other option to go than Xiangke Magician as I can't get hold of it? Am aiming to go 40 cards but at the moment I'm running way over at 48.

Realistically the main improvements to this deck don't come from adding extra magicians.

You'd want copies of Odd-Eyes Fusion and Performapal Pendulum Sorcerer instead.
Most Magician Builds nowadays don't even play Performages, opting instead to play either Majespecter Unicorn - Kirin, or Mist Valley Apex Avian.

Modern Odd-Eyes Magician would look something like this:

3 Dragonpit Magician
3 Wisdom-Eye Magician
3 Performapal Skullcrobat Joker
3 Majespecter Unicorn - Kirin/Mist Valley Apex Avian
3 Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon
3 Luster Pendulum - The Dracoslayer
3 Maxx "C"
2 Performapal Pendulum Sorcerer
2 Oafdragon Magician
2 Dragonpulse Magician
2 Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit
1 Nobledragon Magician

3 Wavering Eyes
3 Pendulum Call
2 Sky Iris
1 Odd-Eyes Fusion
1 Terraforming

Which is a reasonable amount more Expensive than the build you're currently playing.
You'll need to show me your current decklist in order for me to make many more suggestions here.

I'm able to answer any and all questions related to the English Yu-Gi-Oh! game itself. This includes, but isn't limited to:

Deck Fixes: Either making suggestions and improvements on a deck you've already built, or building a deck from scratch for you. In either case, please give an idea of the kind of deck you're building, the level of play you're planning to use it in (small tournaments, regionals etc), and the kind of budget you're on.
Please format decks in a way that's easy to read. Each card name should be on its own line, with a number before it indicating how many you're playing. Please split decks into Monsters, Spells and Traps.

NOTE: A level of reasonability is assumed with this. I cannot build you a nationals winning deck based on monsters whose name starts with the Letter 'A' on a budget of 4($6)... Nor will I generally respond well to Questions touting "No Xyz, Synchro... etc" or disallowing cards from certain parts of the show. I haven't seen the show in a number of years and find these conditions to usually be poorly-defined.

Rulings: On any card interacting with any other card(s). Tell me the scenario, and I'll tell you what happens.

I won't be answering questions on whether a trade is fair or not, or on how much X-card is worth, as both these kinds of question can be answered by using Ebay's completed listings page.

Level 2 Judge Qualification,
Level 1 Player Management Qualification,
Konami Rules Certification 1,
Regularly Head Judges Local Events,
Tournament Wins/Top 8 placements too numerous to detail here

BSc (Hons) Degree in Mathematics