Yu-Gi-Oh/Gravekeeper's Today

Question
Hello Exo. We're somewhat half way through the Format and I've been struggling on how to combat Heroes and Necroz, along with what's still around currently, with my absolute favorite archetype deck Gravekeeper's. Instead of the control version that I ran last format I thought about bringing back the Gravekeeper Beatdown side of Gravekeeper's. Meaning the deck utilizes cards like Rite of Spirit, Visionary, and Gravekeeper's Oracle. Here's how my current build looks.

Gravekeeper's Beatdown 40
Monsters 17
1 Gravekeeper's Ambusher
1 Gravekeeper's Assailant
1 Gravekeeper's Guard
3 Gravekeeper's Commandant
2 Gravekeeper's Descendant
3 Gravekeeper's Recruiter
3 Gravekeeper's Spy
1 Gravekeeper's Shaman
1 Gravekeeper's Visionary
1 Gravekeeper's Oracle

Spells 11
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Book of Moon
1 Raigeki
1 Snatch Steal
3 Necrovalley
2 Gravekeeper's Stele
2 Pot of Duality

Traps 12
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
1 Deck Devastation Virus
1 Solemn Warning
2 Dark Bribe
2 Imperial Tombs of Necrovalley
2 Rite of Spirit
2 Mirror Force

Side Deck 15
2 Flying "C"
1 The End of Anubis
1 Thunder King Rai-Oh
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Royal Tribute
1 Soul Drain
2 Light-Imprisoning Mirror
2 Mind Drain
2 Ojama Trio

Extra Deck 15
1 Number 30: Acid Golem of Destruction
1 Number 47: Nightmare Shark
1 Wind-Up Zenmaines
1 Abyss Dweller
1 Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon
2 Diamond Dire Wolf
1 Gagaga Cowboy
1 Gem-Knight Pearl
1 Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
1 Number 39: Utopia
1 Number 50: Blackship of Corn
1 Number 103: Ragnazero
1 Photon Papilloperative
1 Wind-Up Zenmaister

Well that's my interpretation on the subject Gravekeeper Beatdown. Here's just a quick rundown on what I have in it. First an fore most, this is all built under budget. Meaning this is all that I have on hand to actually build the deck for tourney's and such. The monster and spell line-up in the main are pretty standard with the additions of Visionary and Oracle. The Trap line is my personal preference on how to deal with the format. The DDV is my 1 Tech Choice to help a little bit against Mist/Bubbleman in Heroes as well as other cards. Mirror Force is obviously because it's starting to be my favorite over D-Prison at this point. And Dark Bribe simply because I prefer it over Wiretap and I could care less about the extra draw my opponent gets as long as I'm stopping the key Spell/Trap. Plus Wiretap doesn't stop an MST destroying my Necrovalley.

Simply put I'm preparing for that OTS Championship event at the end of this month and I want to be ready by that time with this deck. So I would really appreciate the help on fixing up my Gravekeeper Beatdown for this current format along with what's to come by that time? I request that all changes/fixes to this deck be affortable on a budget of say $30-50 or less. Hope you can help Exo and I await your response.

P.S. If you can't help with this deck, I completely understand any reasons towards it.

Answer
You're playing a few too many monsters for my liking here, and your Trap Choices probably aren't the ones that are going to win a regional.

Oracle and Visionary just aren't very good. Oracle does physically nothing, while Visionary can protect itself from all that destruction that nobody plays.
Neither is going to survive Nekroz of Trishula or a Stealth/Carrier bounce.

My monster line right now would look like this:

3 Gravekeeper's Recruiter
3 Gravekeeper's Spy
3 Gravekeeper's Descendent
3 Gravekeeper's Commandant
1 Gravekeeper's Assailant
1 Gravekeeper's Guard
1 Gravekeepere's Shaman
(15)

Spells seem fine here, though I'd bump to 3 Duality to ensure that your first turn goes as smoothly as possible - if you miss Necrovalley in this format you likely just lose.
Not playing Space Typhoon is risky since you'll likely outright lose to Skill Drain, but it's unlikely that you have a choice given how poor it is in the other 2 matchups.

Not playing Royal Tribute in the maindeck seems silly when you effectively win at the point you resolve it against BA/Nekroz.

3 Necrovalley
3 Pot of Duality
2 Gravekeeper's Stele
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Book of Moon
1 Raigeki
1 Snatch Steal
1 Royal Tribute
(13)

Which leaves Traps. In a Nekroz/BA/Qliphort Format the best traps are likely Mind Crush and Vanity's Emptiness. These cards finish the Search and Special Summon heavy nature of these decks, and Mind Crush can give you extra information about how to play the game.

DDV does next to nothing since All the important Nekroz/Qliphort cards are unaffected, and all the BA monsters will simply activate.

3 Mind Crush
3 Vanity's Emptiness
2 Imperial Tombs of Necrovalley
2 Mirror Force
1 Solemn Warning
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
(12)

Your side Deck seems OK, but since I dropped Dark Bribe from the maindeck you'll need outs to Stellarnova Alpha and Fairy Wind in Games 2/3. Wiretap is generally quite good at that. Dark Bribe is awful in this type of deck, since you're really hoping they're not going to draw an out to your Necrovalley, but Bribe helps them get to one by letting them draw...

I'd start with this Side Deck:

2 Vanity's Fiend
2 Flying "C"
1 Thunder King Rai-Oh
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Light Imprisoning Mirror
2 Ojama Trio
2 Wiretap
1 Soul Drain
(15)

your Extra deck should be fine since you'll not be going into it often. I'd advise that you update to the better Xyz monsters from the more recent sets though:

2 Castel the Skyblaster Musketeer
1 Number 101 - Silent Honor ARK
1 Evilswarm Exciton Knight
1 Diamond Dire Wolf
1 Number 50 - Blackship of Corn
1 Number 82 - Heartlandraco
1 Gagaga Cowboy
1 Number 103 - Ragna Zero
1 Number 66 - Master Key Beetle
1 Number 85 - Crazy Box
1 Abyss Dweller
1 Mechquipped Angineer
1 Ghostrick Alucard
1 Number 30 - Acid Golem of Destruction
(15)

Hopefully Acid Golem and Crazy Box will mean that you can actually play under Skill Drain.

Try that, see what you think.

Yu-Gi-Oh

Exo