Yu-Gi-Oh/Dark Simorgh deck help

Question
QUESTION: I made a Dark Simorgh Lockdown deck a little while back (maybe in the middle of last year) and it was doing great for a good bit but recently even before this new format with the Necroz and Qliphorts it hasn't been doing that well. Could you help me make it better and more competitive?

Dark Simorgh x2
Ninja Grandmaster Hanzo x3
Upstart Golden Ninja x2
Masked Ninja Ebisu x2
White Dragon Ninja x2
King Tiger Wanghu x2
Mist Valley Falcon x3
Goblindbergh x2

ROTA x2
Pot of Duality x3
Burden of the Mighty x2
Dark Hole x1

Ninjitsu Art of Transformation x2
Ninjitsu Art of Super-Transformation x2
Anti-Spell Fragrance x3
Call of the Haunted x2
Fiendish Chain x2
Wiretap x2
Bottomless Trap Hole x1 Phoenix Wing Wind Blast x1

Side Deck
ROTA x1
Compulse x1
Book of Moon x1
King Tiger Wanghu x1
Uria, Lord of Searing Flames x1

Extra Deck
Blade Armor Ninja x1
Number 82: Heartlandraco x1
Number 66: Master Key Beetle x1
Number 101 x1
GAGAGA Cowboy x1

Main focus as you can probably tell is to use Hanzo to get Transformation and go into Drak Simorgh to stop trap cards and face down monsters and activate anti-spell to stop the spells. Wanghu is there with Burden destroy all the opponents monsters that they can no longer set. Falcon is to send back Fiendish or any of my traps that happen to become floaters. Goblindbergh I am just trying out to go into my xyz monsters more often when I need them.

ANSWER: Your problem here is that you're trying to do too many things.
If your Simorgh & Anti-Spell Fragrance combo resolves on the first/second turn then chances are you win, Nekroz can only out it by Manju + Manju + Valkyrus -> Castel, while Qliphort can only out it if it can keep a monster around for a turn, otherwise it just rolls over and loses.

Give that, let's focus on making the first turn combo as consistent as possible. You need 3 Things:

A Ninja monster
Art of Transformation
Anti-Spell Fragrance

Fortunately, 2 of these can come in the same package with Hanzo
So we should start with these, which focus on acquiring those 2 things as consistently as possible:

3 Ninja Grandmaster Hanzo
2 Dark Simorgh
2 Upstart Golden Ninja

3 Reinforcement of the Army
3 Pot of Duality
3 Upstart Goblin

2 Ninjutsu Art of Transformation
3 Anti-Spell Fragrance

That's your basic engine. Fortunately, the decks this format actually prefer to go second, so a lot of the time you'll end up with free reign on the first turn to do what you want.

You may end up going second at some point though, which means you'll need ways to remove things like Vanity's Emptiness/Skill Drain, First turn Djinn locks and Backrow that are in the way of your combo:

3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Book of Moon
1 Raigeki

That puts us at 26 cards, to finish up we need to fill out the monster line and add a few Traps to cut off the few situations in which your opponent can out your combo. It'd also be helpful if we could shut off Burning Abyss.

It's unfortunate that WIND monsters are so poor on average, as it limits our choices to 4-5 of them:

Mist Valley Falcon
Dynatherium
Psi-Blocker
Koa'ki Meiru Drago
Koa'ki Meiru Doom
Droll and Lock Bird

Dynatherium is probably the best of these, since it essentially fills in for Goblindbergh while being a reasonable WIND monster at the same time.
Mist Valley Falcon is fine, but we'll stick to 2 since having multiples isn't ideal.
Having Dynatherium will allow you to access Abyss Dweller much more easily, which gives you an easy way to cut off the Burning Abyss from their game-plan.

We can play more WIND monsters by Including Tour Guide From the Underworld, which will allow you to access Leviair the Sea Dragon to re-use Banished monsters from Simorghs if need be. Guide also allows access to monsters like Alucard and Mechquipped Angineer, which will help with dropping Simorgh and protecting it respectively:

3 Tour Guide from the Underworld
2 Dynatherium
2 Mist Valley Falcon
1 Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss

Now we need a few things that we can bounce with Falcon:

2 Vanity's Emptiness
2 Fiendish Chain

And a few Traps to finish up:

1 Solemn Warning
1 Bottomless Trap Hole

Which gives us something like this:

3 Ninja Grandmaster Hanzo
3 Tour Guide from the Underworld
2 Dynatherium
2 Mist Valley Falcon
2 Dark Simorgh
2 Upstart Golden Ninja
(15)

3 Reinforcement of the Army
3 Pot of Duality
3 Upstart Goblin
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Book of Moon
1 Raigeki
(14)

3 Anti-Spell Fragrance
2 Vanity's Emptiness
2 Fiendish Chain
2 Ninjutsu Art of Transformation
1 Solemn Warning
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
(11)

Your Extra deck should be something like this:

1 Leviair the Sea Dragon
1 Ghostrick Alucard
1 Mechquipped Angineer
1 Number 30 - Acid Golem of Destruction
1 Wind-Up Zenmaines
1 Castel the Skyblaster Musketeer
1 Evilswarm Exciton Knight
1 Blade Armor Ninja
1 Heroic Champion Excalibur
1 Abyss Dweller
1 Downerd Magician
1 Gagaga Cowboy
1 Number 103 - Ragna Zero
1 Number 82 - Heartlandraco
1 Lightning Chidori
(15)

You'll also need a Side-Deck to deal with the Burning Abyss, Nekroz and Qliphort Game 2/3 plans - Nekroz will try to out your Simogh combo with Fire and Ice Hands. These can be prevented with Soul Drain, Dimensional Fissure and Macro Cosmos - all cards the also deal incredible damage to Burning Abyss.
You can also Side in Psi-Blocker to shut off whichever Hand you're afraid of until the end of your opponent's turn (you'll also be able to call things like Mystical Space Typhoon to ensure that your combo goes through.
Lastly, D.D. Warrior Lady does a similar job with the Hands, but is also Searchable by Reinforcement of the Army.

For Burning Abyss, you're going to need ways to stop Fairy Wind and the Discard Traps should they get to use them. Imperial Custom is an excellent way to shut off any way of destroying your Continuous Cards, and also answers the BP03 card Typhoon, which is the Bane of your Strategy.
I'd go with something like this:

3 King Tiger Wanghu
2 D.D. Warrior Lady
2 Psi-Blocker
1 Dimensional Fissure
1 Macro Cosmos
1 Soul Drain
2 Dimensional Prison
3 Imperial Custom
(15)

Give that a go, see what you think.

QUESTION: So the April first Ban list is out and tour guide got hit to one. Any chance you could make changes to the deck again?

Answer
The man issue with this list is that since Shaddoll will come back into competition, you'll have lost the huge edge you had over the competition, since your lock is less effective.

We'll need to drop the Rank 3 Engine, replacing it with more Level 4 monsters to maintain your ability to make Rank 4s - which are what will give you a game-plan when you can't get the lock off...

I'd probably make these changes:

-3 Tour Guide from the Underworld
-1 Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss
-1 Upstart Golden Ninja
-1 Vanity's Emptiness

+2 Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer
+1 Blackwing - Zephyros the Elite
+1 Allure of Darkness
+1 Ring of Destruction
+1 Soul Drain

You'll also need to replace your Rank 3s with more Rank 4 monsters - I'd recommend things like a second Abyss Dweller and a Cairngorgon, Antiluminescent Knight.

Try that, see what you think.

Yu-Gi-Oh

Exo