Yu-Gi-Oh/Lightsworns April 2015

Hi Exo,

With the recent banning of the dragon rulers, I was hoping for your input into updating my lightsworn deck as competitively as possible. Advanced format, no budget limit.

My current deck is:

Monster - 35
3 Judgment Dragon  
2 Lightray Diabolos
1 Blackluster Soldier Envoy
1 Gorz
3 Dragon Rulers :(
3 Eclipse Wyvern
2 Black Dragon Collapserpent
2 Necro Gardna
3 Kuribandit
3 Raiden
3 Lumina
2 Lyla
2 Honest
1 Ryko
1 Garoth
1 Felis
1 Minerva
1 Ehren

Spells - 6
1 Charge of the Light Brigade
3 Solar Recharge
2 Monster Reincarnation

Side - 15
1 Star Eater
1 Leo
1 Crimson Blader
1 Black Rose
2 Michael
1 Yazi
1 Goyo
1 Dracossack
1 Big Eye
1 Master of Blades
1 Castel
1 Exciton
1 Honor Ark
1 Diamond Dire Wolf

Without Dragon Rulers I kinda feel that the current deck is just no longer viable - Eclipse Wyvern isn't going to be getting banished to by anything other than BLS really, so half the time you're just going to be banishing your win conditions...

I'm not precisely sure how Lightsworn's going to work. Perhaps a throwback to the way it was originally, milling the deck and using Beckoning Light to finish up with 3 Judgment Dragon:

3 Judgment Dragon
3 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
3 Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
3 Raiden, Hand of the Lightsworn
3 Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
2 Necro-Gardna
2 Honest
1 Felis, Lightsworn Archer
1 Ehren, Lightsworn Monk
1 Jain, Lightsworn Paladin
1 Garoth, Lightsworn Warrior
1 Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
1 Lightray Diabolos

3 Upstart Goblin
3 Solar Recharge
2 Forbidden Lance
2 Charge of the Light Brigade
1 Raigeki
1 Soul Charge

2 Beckoning Light
1 Crush Card Virus

Which I think is a good starting point. May need Effect Veiler to deal with Valkyrus, though if you have a 2200 ATK monster then Felgrand can help you out there.

I'd give something like that a go, see what you think.

I'm able to answer any and all questions related to the English Yu-Gi-Oh! game itself. This includes, but isn't limited to:

Deck Fixes: Either making suggestions and improvements on a deck you've already built, or building a deck from scratch for you. In either case, please give an idea of the kind of deck you're building, the level of play you're planning to use it in (small tournaments, regionals etc), and the kind of budget you're on.
Please format decks in a way that's easy to read. Each card name should be on its own line, with a number before it indicating how many you're playing. Please split decks into Monsters, Spells and Traps.

NOTE: A level of reasonability is assumed with this. I cannot build you a nationals winning deck based on monsters whose name starts with the Letter 'A' on a budget of 4($6)... Nor will I generally respond well to Questions touting "No Xyz, Synchro... etc" or disallowing cards from certain parts of the show. I haven't seen the show in a number of years and find these conditions to usually be poorly-defined.

Rulings: On any card interacting with any other card(s). Tell me the scenario, and I'll tell you what happens.

I won't be answering questions on whether a trade is fair or not, or on how much X-card is worth, as both these kinds of question can be answered by using Ebay's completed listings page.

Level 2 Judge Qualification,
Level 1 Player Management Qualification,
Konami Rules Certification 1,
Regularly Head Judges Local Events,
Tournament Wins/Top 8 placements too numerous to detail here

BSc (Hons) Degree in Mathematics