Yu-Gi-Oh/trying to decide on a deck (volcanic build)

Question
QUESTION: hi im trying to decide on what deck to build. i have around a 80-100 dollar budget an am just competing at a local tournament level. im looking for something that i can have fun playing but also something viable, where i can still compete against the meta. what ive tried/liked so far is bujins/infernoids, and some shaddoll variants like shaddolls with artifacts and fire fist, and shaddolls with traptrix. i like using synchro/xyz monsters and mainly a control deck. what ive used so far in real life is yosenjus (current) blackwings, gishkis and lightsworn.

ANSWER: I think you've actually tried a lot of the things I'd suggest

Yosenju and Ritual Beast are both good choices now, being relatively cheap and playable. I think Ritual Beast is more enjoyable to play than Yosenju (Primarily because I find playing the game more enjoyable than stopping my opponent playing it...)

Mermail is powerful and relatively inexpensive right now, though it doesn't stand up to Nekroz particularly well.

Volcanic has been making a few showings recently at regionals too, and is made of mostly commons - it's also very control-oriented.

I can show you some builds of some of these if you'd like. Let me know via follow-up question.

QUESTION: ive tried a lot of the decks you've recommended, volcanics in particular. do you think you could show me a build for volcanics, thank you!

Answer
Sure, they usually look something like this:

3 Volcanic Rocket
3 Volcanic Shell
3 Volcanic Scattershot
3 Royal Firestorm Guards
2 Summoner Monk
2 Mathematician
(16)

3 Upstart Goblin
3 Pot of Duality
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Raigeki
1 Snatch Steal
1 Foolish Burial
(12)

3 Blaze Accelerator Reload
3 Vanity's Emptiness
2 Mirror Force
2 Phoenix Wing Wind Blast
1 Solemn Warning
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
(12)

Extra:
2 Lavalval Chain
1 Abyss Dweller
1 Gagaga Cowboy
1 Number 80 - Rhapsody in Beserk
1 Number 103 - Ragna Zero
1 Number 101 - Silent Honor ARK
1 Castel the Skyblaster Musketeer
1 Evilswarm Exciton Knight
1 Cairngorgon, Antiluminescent Knight
1 Steelswarm Roach
1 Daigusto Emeral
1 Number 50 - Blackship of Corn
1 Diamond Dire Wolf
1 Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon
(15)

Give that a go, see what you think.

Yu-Gi-Oh

Exo