Yu-Gi-Oh/Deck build

Hi Exo,

I love the decks you've built/fixed for me in the past, and was wondering if you could possibly build a deck for me that I played when I first started yugioh.  I mostly want this deck for playing against friends and my younger brother, but would like for it to be as competitive as you can make it.  A deck that plays Ocean Dragon Lord - Neo-Daedalus.

Thanks for your help,

While extremely powerful, Ocean Dragon Lord - Neo Daedalus is not easy to summon - which means that any deck based around him is not likely to be particularly good.
The only real way to play him is to run a Turbo build that summons him as quickly as possible and reduces all resources to Zero - at which point his controller can begin using Slushy to Special summon back monsters and attack for game on the following turns.

We can get Levia Dragon into play in the first place via Big Wave Small Wave.
Ideally we would open with Daedalus (or Neo-Daedalus), Big Wave and Genex Undine, which enables you to do the following:

Summon Genex Undine
Activate Undine, sending Atlantean Dragoons to add Genex Controller
Activate Atlantean Dragoons, Searching for Neo-Daedalus (or Daedalus)
Big Wave Small Wave, destroying Undine and Summoning Daedalus
Tribute Daedalus for Neo-Daedalus and Activate

Failing this, Daedalus can be summoned from the Graveyard via Slushy.

We combine this with 3 Forbidden Lance and 2 Trap Stun to protect Neo-Daedalus from outside interference, and a whole lot of Draw power to see this combo early enough to win.
The result is this:

1 Ocean Dragon Lord - Neo Daedalus
1 Levia-Dragon - Daedalus
3 Genex Undine
3 Slushy
2 Genex Controller
2 Swap Frog
2 Atlantean Dragoons
1 Atlantean Marksman
1 Atlantean Heavy Infantry
1 Deep Sea Diva
1 Warrior of Atlantis

3 Upstart Goblin
3 Moray of Greed
3 A Legendary Ocean
3 Forbidden Lance
2 Big Wave Small Wave
1 Foolish Burial
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Soul Charge

3 Reckless Greed
2 Trap Stun

While an Extra deck isn't over-important, a few Synchros for Genex Controller and Deep Sea Diva wouldn't go amiss:

1 Leo - Keeper of the Sacred Tree
1 Dewloren, Tiger Prince of the Ice Barrier
1 HTS Psyhemuth
1 Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 Armades, Keeper of Boundaries
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 Armory Arm
1 Armored Kappa
1 Gachi Gachi Gantetsu
1 Daigusto Phoenix
1 Mechquipped Angineer
1 Ghostrick Alucard
1 Leviair the Sea Dragon
1 Dante, Traveller of the Burning Abyss
1 Downerd Magician

Should suffice for a start.

Give that a go, see what you think.

I'm able to answer any and all questions related to the English Yu-Gi-Oh! game itself. This includes, but isn't limited to:

Deck Fixes: Either making suggestions and improvements on a deck you've already built, or building a deck from scratch for you. In either case, please give an idea of the kind of deck you're building, the level of play you're planning to use it in (small tournaments, regionals etc), and the kind of budget you're on.
Please format decks in a way that's easy to read. Each card name should be on its own line, with a number before it indicating how many you're playing. Please split decks into Monsters, Spells and Traps.

NOTE: A level of reasonability is assumed with this. I cannot build you a nationals winning deck based on monsters whose name starts with the Letter 'A' on a budget of 4($6)... Nor will I generally respond well to Questions touting "No Xyz, Synchro... etc" or disallowing cards from certain parts of the show. I haven't seen the show in a number of years and find these conditions to usually be poorly-defined.

Rulings: On any card interacting with any other card(s). Tell me the scenario, and I'll tell you what happens.

I won't be answering questions on whether a trade is fair or not, or on how much X-card is worth, as both these kinds of question can be answered by using Ebay's completed listings page.

Level 2 Judge Qualification,
Level 1 Player Management Qualification,
Konami Rules Certification 1,
Regularly Head Judges Local Events,
Tournament Wins/Top 8 placements too numerous to detail here

BSc (Hons) Degree in Mathematics