Yu-Gi-Oh/Mermail Deck Build

Question
Hi Exo,

I am wondering if you could give a build on a Mermail Deck that would be competitive for the new format.  I have played the deck with and without the Genex Undine/Genex Controller and have had success with both.  With the banning of Tidal and Lavalval Chain, I was hoping you can help with a build that can still be competitive without them.

Thanks
Kevin

Answer
With Dragoons back at 2 copies per deck I'm not sure whether I want Genex Undine or not. Without Tidal to drop it seems rather underwhelming, and Genex Controller doesn't make summoning Trishula as easy as Deep Sea Diva does.

I think I'd stick with the Pure Mermail variant until Neptuabyss is released. I'd probably start with something like this:

3 Mermail Abysslinde
3 Mermail Abysspike
3 Mermail Abyssteus
3 Mermail Abyssgunde
3 Atlantean Marksman
2 Mermail Abyssmegalo
2 Atlantean Dragoons
1 Mermail Abyssleed
1 Mermail Abyssturge
1 Mermail Abyssocea
1 Atlantean Heavy Infantry
1 Deep Sea Diva
1 Moulinglacia the Elemental Lord
1 Aqua Spirit
(26)

3 Upstart Goblin
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Soul Charge
1 Raigeki
(8)

3 Abysss-Sphere
2 Breakthrough Skill
1 Torrential Tribute
(6)

1 Mermail Abyssgaios
1 Number 11 - Big Eye
1 Mecha-Phantom Beast Dracossack
1 Bahamut Shark
1 Castel the Skyblaster Musketeer
1 Evilswarm Exciton Knight
1 Daigusto Emeral
1 Abyss Dweller
1 Leviair the Sea Dragon
1 Mechquipped Angineer
1 Mermail Abysstrite
1 Armory Arm
1 Armades, Keeper of Boundaries
1 Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier
1 Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
(15)

Give that a go, see what you think.

Yu-Gi-Oh

Exo